Just back from a weeks holiday in Sol Alcudia Center, it's our third time there from 2007. The hotel is very big, one of the larger hotels in the resort. The whole hotel is very clean, rooms are cleaned 5 days a week and the cleaners are very friendly... Just a little hint, there is a sign in the bathroom that says "towels on the rack mean they don't need changed, towels on the floor mean they do", it's to save energy or something and we were wondering one day why our towels were'nt changed, then we read the note! (oops). One thing we all noticed was that they even changed the showerhead every so often, never seen that before! Bar staff and reception staff are also very friendly and will go out of their way to help you regardless whether it's day or night. Shows in the bar are'nt too bad either- Gerard the magician is quite good and funny too, as is the Xerox show! The poolside is a bit on the small side considering the size of the hotel and getting sunbeds can be hard as with all hotels, but having said that the beach is 5 minutes away so if you can't get a bed head to the beach! Again the poolside is very clean and well kept, the lifeguards are great, one in particular was very good with children, playing with them etc... I can't comment on the food because we were self catering but the restaurant looked good through the windows and the food did smell nice! The rooms are very big and can easily sleep 4 people, the balconies are huge aswell. We were overlooking one of Alcudia's busiest streets on the second floor and at night it could get noisy but it didn't really bother us beacuse everyone is allowed to have a holiday!
Alcudia is kind of split into three parts connected by the amazing beach, Sol Center is in the middle part of the resort with loads of hotels, restaurants and shops on the doorstep. As I said, the beach is 5 minutes away and it is the best beach I've seen, really clean, I think 8km long, plenty of beach bars along it and you can walk out about 200yrds and still only be up to your chest in water! Lunas Grill, Champions, Yummy Yummy's (in the direction of the Bellevue Hotel) are spot on for food, avoid the chinese restaurants, apparently chinese food differs across Europe! At night I also recommend going to the beach and turn left and walk the length of the promenade (all lit up) to you get to the other part of Alcudia, it's about a 20min walk but it's worth it as there's market stalls, loads more shops and some excellent restaurants! Really good atmosphere at night.
All in all the Sol Alcudia Center is perfect for anyone looking a great holiday, kids are kept entertained during the day and night, its clean, big and in a great location. Alcudia is a great resort for anyone of all ages and is a safe resort. Can't wait to go back to the Sol Alcudia Center for a 4th time! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Meliá presents Sol Alcudia Center Hotel Apartamentos, is located in the north of Majorca, just 150 m from a long, sandy beach perfect for water sports and surrounded by restaurants, bars and lively nightlife. Close to Pollentia 15minutes, nearby Cabo Formentor Cliff and a few kilometres from Parque Natural de S’Albufera. Sol Alcudia Centre provides spacious apartments and studios with fully equipped. Daytime entertainment programme and Evening witn professional shows. It is ideal for enjoying a family holiday or a vacation with friends. The Katmandu Adventures, the newest branded children’s resort club experience. Come and enjoy Life !! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Melia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Sol Melia Puerto Alcudia
- Puerto Alcudia Sol Melia
- Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos Majorca, Spain