“Condessa = Great value & Service”

Hotel Condesa de la Bahia
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Condessa = Great value & Service”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just back from a weeks break (13th to 20th June2012) at the Condessa de la Bahia where I stayed with my wife and daughter of five. The hotel is impeccably clean throughout from the reception, pool areas, restaurants and rooms. The meals were very good with huge selection where even a non-fish eater like myself had plenty of choice each night. The choice of two restaurants where one is the normal Buffett style help yourself to a sit down with choice of starters, mains and sweets were superb. The latter serving some really nice lamb chops and pepper steaks with excellent waiter service and again no charge as is in the All Inclusive package.

The location is one of the best I have been to, the access to the beach is on the door step and the location is only a five minute bus ride from the Port of Alcudia or ten minutes from the old walled ex capital of Majorca (a must to visit).

The hotel staff at every level were fantastic with all working tirelessley to make the hotel clean and friendly throughout. Whilst we were at the hotel the area was hit with a power cut which went on for half a day and evening. During the power cut the hotel did run a generator but this was not powerful enough to run lifts, elec's, lighting and the hot water system concurrently. At this time the hotel staff really did earn their corn with the hotel manager running from floor to floor of the hotel helping people to their floors with pushchairs etc. The Manager really must be congratulated on the way he runs the hotel and how he sets the standard for all of his team.

The entertainment was great with Ken and the team really doing a brilliant Job. The activities for the kids club were fantastic where my daughter really did enjoy making pirate hats, face painting, treasure hunting and making T-Shirts. Some of the activities did have a little cost with them but the pleasure gained from my daughter was written all over her glowing face. The kids had an excellent mini disco each night with three or four dance routines to master along with the hotel mascot dance.

Our family room was an excellent size that would sleep four and would still have room for a cot (alhough the beds were not the most comfortable I've ever slept in). The bathroom had a good sized shower with variable jet settings that came from the wall and pulse setting from the shower head. Towels were plentyful and were changed daily along with a good clean throughout the room. The bedroom area had a desk with stool and an LCD wall mounted television with a selection of five or six English channels. There was also a good fridge but lacked any hot drink making facilities.

The all inclusive option was excellent with cocktails, slush puppie drinks, selection of ice creams and ice lollies available throughout the day. A quick serve burger bar also provided an extra outlet if you fancied the fast food option.

On the whole this was a really good value weeks break that really did allow my family to relax and recharge our batteries. Big thanks to all the staff at the Condessa de la Bahia ;-)

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel staff or travel agent early as there are upgraded rooms available at a cost. Ther...
1 Thank Jase7t2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2012

we have just got back from this great beachfront hotel with our 7 yr old daughter after spending 10 nights there,transfer from airport was around 45 mins and when we got there we were very very impressed with a champagne arrival,brilliant customer service,rooms are perfect size very very clean with fresh towels and fresh bedding every day,the food simply cannot be faulted with loads of variety and different every night,didnt have a problem getting a sunbed by the pool as people have stated,the splash pool for the kids is brill our daughter loved it we couldnt get her out of it.
the location is spot on just a 2 minute walk to playa de muro which has lots of shops,and restuarants,alcudia town is around a half an hour walk with alcudia bay around an hours walk or a ten min bus ride with the bus stop 2 mins away
the animaicon team were brill hard working and ensured everyone had a great time with lots of activitys in the day and on the night time doing the kids mini disco,bingo then the main show bar shuts at 1130 which was perfect as we had our daughter with us who would be well worn out by then
waiters and bar staff were exceptional we never left our seat to get a drink we were waited on hand and foot,all inclusive at this hotel is exactly what its meant to be and always service with a very big smile
we are going to book again on monday and simply cannot wait,i would recommend this hotel to anyone its the best holiday we have ever had,we cannot put it into words how much we enjoyed it,if you book you will not be dissapointed
very excited about next year :))

3 Thank Liamwendy
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We booked our two week family holiday,(myself, my finance and our daughter of 20 months) we went in June 2012. We traveled with Thompson and the transfer there and back was excellent. The travel reps presentation needed some help, bit quick and not much information.
Upon arrival at the hotel we were met with Champagne and fresh orange juice and fruit. The first room we got was over looking the main pool and beach (sea view) however it was a bit too noisy with a young daughter, the reception staff very quickly swapped us for another room at the quieter end of the hotel.
The hotel was immaculately clean, the kids pool and main pool were excellent. The kids club and children’s entertainment was a bit too old for our daughter however it was brilliant.
The food did become a little repetitive over the two weeks; however you can’t knock the quality of the food served, something for everyone.
The hotel is right on the beautiful beach; the downside is though that the beach sun beach beds come at an extra charge of 9 euros per day, for 2 beds and umbrella.
However, there are lots of beds around the pools and it is less than a minute to walk to the beach.
I have stopped at a lot of all inclusive resorts before and beach towels have been provided, this isn’t the case at the Condesa and so be aware that you need to take some with you.
The mini disco for the little kids at around 8pm each night is excellent and I would like to say a special thank you to SIMONE as our little one loved the mini disco.
Each morning we were met by the hotel restaurant concierge GUSTAVO and he is the super star of the hotel. With his big smile and warm welcome every morning it really put you in a good mood for the day. Our little one has now got an adopted Spanish Grandad, she loves him.
All in all we had amazing family holiday and I would highly recommend the Hotel Condesa to families with kids of all ages and couples.

Room Tip: TOP TIP: Register your passport and check in details online with the hotel prior to your arrival you...
4 Thank Beau H
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We had an absolutely fantastic week at the Condesa with our family, both relaxing and lots of fun. The hotel was very clean, including the pool area. Location couldn't be better, right on the beach which is amazing. The food was excellent, lots of variety and all good quality. All the staff are really friendly, hardworking and helpful. Special mention must go to the animation team who work absolutely tirelessly all day and night, their enthusiasm and friendliness are limitless.
There was the usual farce with the towels on sunbeds but the hotel staff did start to clamp down on this mid way through the week by removing unattended towels on loungers and passing out leaflets re-enforcing the policy that sun loungers cannot be reserved. This did make a difference for the rest of the week.
Yes the rooms are a little small and the pool is a bit crowded but this is a 4 star beach holiday in a hotel that caters for package holidays and families and in my opinion was great value for money and nothing more than I expected.
My only complaint's would be that the bingo got a bit monotonous very night and there could have been a bit of disco perhaps after the show, but clearly plenty of people loved the bingo! I did enjoy Ken and Giorgio calling the numbers in 4 different languages though!
I would definitely return again and would recommend this hotel to others especially if you have kids.

P.S. What was the song the animation team danced to after the water aerobics and after the show each night, I cant get it out of my head (not Chu Chu ua)?

3 Thank TreeFuTom
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I've been there 5 times it's great . From 2007 - 2012 . Now I want to live there , it's a great island . There has been staff changes e.g. Waitress's . But I like the ones there now . Not sure about next year though ( if there still going to be there ) . In the morning u have to get up early if u want a sun bed . They even put letters up saying u can't reserve them but they do it any way . It's quite funny though watching people sprint . My dad filmed it . But over all it's a GREAT hotel . I love it .

Room Tip: Well there's ones with a terrace . I looked at one and there very nice . There are lifts on ever...
1 Thank Cleo G
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I'll start with the hotel itself, very clean actually it's spotless, brilliant layout from the restaurant's, both pool's, bar's and the sitting area's. Access to higher floor's was good stair's and four elevator's. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels. Now the bad bit, rooms are small the smallest I've every stayed in while on holiday, there's nothing in them if you would like tea or coffee late at night or even when sitting in your apartment bring a kettle with you or you'll be walking up and down five flights of stairs for one and no mircowave if your just looking for a one minute ding meal. We stayed in 345 and it was noisey from loading bay and bins getting emeptied plus the smell of the kitchen when food was being cooked. Sun lounger's no where near enough it's crap. I read reviews on tripadvisor the hotel did not let people hold sun lounger's that they weren't using sorry but this is bulls**t. We sat day after day watched as sun loungers that no one was near for basically three to four hours straight nothing done. So I started getting up at 7am putting two towels down and some days not making it back to them until 11am or later and my towels were still on the sun loungers. Seating at night for the entertainment not as bad try to get out before 8pm for a decent seat though. If your there while there is alot of germans prepare to fight for your elevator cause these people have no manner's at all even if it's a man, woman and a baby in a buggy they'll just try to walk over the top of you.

Location of the hotel was nearly the best I've stayed in, right on the seafront of one of the most beautiful beaches but if you fancied a break from the hotel there's not an awful lot to see in the surrounding area abit isolated maybe.

Best bit with out doubt was the staff, brilliant and extremely nice and helpful. The entertainment team were first class very good with children. The reception staff always smiling friendly and very helpful and as restaurant staff. Bar staff very friendly and hard working you don't wait long even if the cue is long and the waiters work very hard to no one standing about. My only bad point about the bar is it closes at 11.30pm and I mean 11.30pm, I was 5 mins after 11.30pm and was point blank refused, now that's not exactly what I wanted to hear after spenting the money to go to a hotel all inclusive, I do think the bar should stay open later 11.30pm may to between the 1am and 2am time for those of us that actually enjoy a wee drink.

I'm giving the hotel 4 out of 5 for 3 things being very clean, location on seafront and staff, if not for these 3 thing would of been a 2 out of 5. Food no good unless your an adventerous eater burger bar best place for me, to many germans can't work out how so many people can be so rude, bar closes to early.

Will I be back sorry afraid not. Probably not be back to alcudia as everything worth doin ect aquariam marine land and water parks are all on the other side of the island.

1 Thank stephen b
lIVERPOOL
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Just arrived back from a 9 night stay here.
We travelled with our 3 kids (aged 6 & 4 yrs & 10 month old). After reading the reviews and recommendations by family we were expecting to have a good holiday but I can honestly say we had a 'fantastic' holiday!
I cannot fault this hotel at all. Great location right on the beach, great pool area for kids & adults alike. The entertainment staff at the hotel are just great. Our kids really took a shine to them.
They were around the pool in the day playing games with the kids, playing on the slides with them and generally having a good laugh!

Our room was great, a lot bigger than I expected. We book a quadruple room which had four beds in and a pull out bed, space for a cot, 2 balconies, 2 air conditioning units, mini fridge (which worked really well!), portable TV with remote, bathroom with bath! & 2 wardrobes.

The food was great, excellent choice from sirloin steak, chicken fillets, pork kebabs, paella, fresh fish. There was a vast array of fresh fruit including strawberries, cherries, kiwi, bananas, grapes, oranges, melons, pineapple (to name a few!) the restaurant did get busy but we always managed to find a table with a high chair. The waiters were really efficient and friendly.
There was a microwave in the restaurant which came in handy when we had to sterilise our babies cups etc.

The evening entertainment was also really good, they had the usual mini disco & bingo followed by a show. The team worked really & always delivered a really good show.

The only down side to this hotel was that you had to get up at 7am in order to get a parasol at the pool!! Although saying this I did see them bring out about 20 new ones on our last day & a load of new sun loungers.

We were going to extend our stay as it was so good but due to the extortionate prices Easyjet wanted to charge us to change our flight we didn't.

All the staff at the hotel work really hard and were extremely helpful, they are a credit to the hotel. a special thanks to Ken, Marius & Simone who helped make some great memories!

We cannot wait to return next year and will definately recommend this hotel to family & friends

2 Thank MAMAJH
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Viva Sunrise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,365 reviews
Zafiro Palace Alcudia
Zafiro Palace Alcudia
#6 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Hotel Condesa de la Bahia? Share your experiences!