Just back from a weeks break (13th to 20th June2012) at the Condessa de la Bahia where I stayed with my wife and daughter of five. The hotel is impeccably clean throughout from the reception, pool areas, restaurants and rooms. The meals were very good with huge selection where even a non-fish eater like myself had plenty of choice each night. The choice of two restaurants where one is the normal Buffett style help yourself to a sit down with choice of starters, mains and sweets were superb. The latter serving some really nice lamb chops and pepper steaks with excellent waiter service and again no charge as is in the All Inclusive package.
The location is one of the best I have been to, the access to the beach is on the door step and the location is only a five minute bus ride from the Port of Alcudia or ten minutes from the old walled ex capital of Majorca (a must to visit).
The hotel staff at every level were fantastic with all working tirelessley to make the hotel clean and friendly throughout. Whilst we were at the hotel the area was hit with a power cut which went on for half a day and evening. During the power cut the hotel did run a generator but this was not powerful enough to run lifts, elec's, lighting and the hot water system concurrently. At this time the hotel staff really did earn their corn with the hotel manager running from floor to floor of the hotel helping people to their floors with pushchairs etc. The Manager really must be congratulated on the way he runs the hotel and how he sets the standard for all of his team.
The entertainment was great with Ken and the team really doing a brilliant Job. The activities for the kids club were fantastic where my daughter really did enjoy making pirate hats, face painting, treasure hunting and making T-Shirts. Some of the activities did have a little cost with them but the pleasure gained from my daughter was written all over her glowing face. The kids had an excellent mini disco each night with three or four dance routines to master along with the hotel mascot dance.
Our family room was an excellent size that would sleep four and would still have room for a cot (alhough the beds were not the most comfortable I've ever slept in). The bathroom had a good sized shower with variable jet settings that came from the wall and pulse setting from the shower head. Towels were plentyful and were changed daily along with a good clean throughout the room. The bedroom area had a desk with stool and an LCD wall mounted television with a selection of five or six English channels. There was also a good fridge but lacked any hot drink making facilities.
The all inclusive option was excellent with cocktails, slush puppie drinks, selection of ice creams and ice lollies available throughout the day. A quick serve burger bar also provided an extra outlet if you fancied the fast food option.
On the whole this was a really good value weeks break that really did allow my family to relax and recharge our batteries. Big thanks to all the staff at the Condessa de la Bahia ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This All Inclusive hotel directly at the beachfront of Alcudia is most suitable for families. Its completely refurbished rooms offer not only excellent comfort but also contemporary style. Without leaving the hotel guests enjoy numerous fun and sports activities, as well as the hotels entertainment programmes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, HRS, Odigeo, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Condesa de la Bahia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Condesa De La Bahia Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Condesa Bahia
- Hotel Condesa De La Bahia Majorca, Spain