“Could not have asked for more!”

Hotel Condesa de la Bahia
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Well, where to start! This was my first ever all inclusive holiday and its blown my socks off!! The location is second to none. I travelled with my partner my daughter and my father in law, we could not have asked for more. My daughter loved the choice of pools and the amazing entertainment staff, especially Alex, who went out of her way to help my daughter join in :) from the t-shirt painting to the singing, dancing and performances, she loved it all. The bar and waiting staff are spot on, Cati and Daniel were never far with the drinks and always had a smile :) the cleaning staff worked so hard to ensure really high standards, I'd like to pass my thanks to them as I know the hotel manager monitors Trip Advisor! The food was endless and very very good. There was a huge selection, and I had quite possibly the best steak I've ever had from the A la carte restaurant.
If I had to find any faults I would say, it's not great for couples as there are a lot of children and the beds could do with an update. But all in all we really couldn't have asked for anything more. A huge thanks to you all ffor making our stay so memorable. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Daisy C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,580)

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I believe this hotel would take a lot of beating if you want a child friendly holiday. I spent 11 night with family including 2 1/2 year old who had the time of her life. I have travelled widely and have never encountered such hard working waiters and they are extremely good humoured. We preferred to eat in the alacarte but the buffet food was great and varied. The kiddies pool is brilliant and the beach was safe and the sea a lovely temperature for playing and a quick swim. Rooms were clean and of ample size even with a cot.

1  Thank RickyTracey
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Myself, my partner and our 9 year old travelled here from 1st June - 8th June and loved it. The transfer from the airport was about an hour and we were the second drop off. The reception staff were welcoming and very accommodating to our requests. We arrived late in the evening to the hotel and they had some food for us if we wished. The hotel itself was lovely very big, clean and well laid out. The food was the normal buffet food but they did mix things up most evenings, we had a Mexican evening and a BBQ while we were they. In the day there is also a snack bar/burger bar and unlimited ice creams for all, so you will never go hungry. The pools are a good size, and there is a separate area for smaller children if they wish. Sunbeds - we had no problems getting a sunbed when we used to go out at around 8.30am. The beach is to die for the sea is turquoise blue and the sand is soft white just like the pictures. Entertainment team don't stop and they are not at all forceful if you don't wish to get involved you don't have to. Lots of drinks to choose available from 10am onwards until 11.30pm. The standard rooms are quite small and for a family of 3 we found it a little small so we upgraded, but this is personal choice. We walked to the port/harbour on a couple of occasions which took about 40 minutes each way along the blue path. There are many spar shops around the corner from the hotel and a small shop in the hotel lobby area. Would highly recommend and we had an amazing holiday, no complaints.

1  Thank Natalie5174
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the condesa.
Cannot really pick fault with the hotel staff very friendly and helpful and lots for kids to do! Food was also to a good standard with lots to choose from.
Only big complaint i did have was not being able to take my 9 month old baby into the main pool, due to the manager saying the swim nappies were un-hygineic, this was a big problem for me as the kids pool was quite often too busy for her with the amount of kids etc.... i did challenge the manager who was very very rude to me n said if you knew what was in these pools you wouldnt even want to swim in them which i thought really didnt promote the cleanliness of the hotels pools.
All in all we had a brilliant holiday!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

First thing I'll say is that I don't often write reviews but it would be unfair if I didn't share what an outstanding place this is. Secondly, I have stayed in a lot of nice hotels before and this hotel was exceptional.

This was out first family holiday taking away our 18 month old daughter. We chose Mallorca as the flight is nice and short and the weather is lovely (35 degrees on average during our stay in June 2014). The hotel is roughly 3 miles from the town centre and is tucked nicely away down a beautiful "residential street". First thing you notice is the beach; it reminded me of the Caribbean! We were greeted with champagne in a beautiful reception area and check-in took no more than 2 minutes. I quickly noticed that the reception staff were fluent in about 3 or 4 different languages so I was very impressed.

Our room was lovely and spotless and had a "limited" sea view and I could see a lot of sea, palm trees and some beautiful houses and landscape. The room wasn't massive but plenty big enough for the 3 of us for a week (suitcases fitted nicely under the bed). We were delighted to find a Jacuzzi bath tub which we previously didn't think the room would have. The showers are amazing with hot water instantly and they were insanely powerful! The maids did an excellent job on a daily basis cleaning up. We are quite a messy family at times but they still did a wonderful job so top credit to them. A nice addition was the 32" (I think) TV on the wall which didn't get used but I did have a quick flick through and found some decent English TV.

The hotel has a good shop that sells loads of essentials like Pampers Nappies, Wet Wipes, Milk (Cravendale green top), Snacks etc. It also has a good range of inflatables and other little bits and pieces to keep the little ones entertained by the beach. Its open early till late which is nice if you forget anything.

We went all inclusive so I was hoping that the food would be good and it was honestly excellent. There was so much to choose from and they did vary it each night whilst maintain certain staple foods like bread and chips etc. It really did showcase the Spanish cuisine and it is a must to try the fish, I must have eaten 10 different spices of fish and octopus for the week and it was delicious. Also make sure you attend their BBQ's if they have one whilst you're there! Breakfast was a little the same everyday but they did try to vary it but hey, I'm not going to complain eating a beautiful cooked breakfast and some delicious fruit every day.

The pool area is lovely and very clean. The water is quite cold in the pools and I don't think they're heated although apparently if you ask they will turn the heaters on in the kids pool! If you're taking a young child like we did make sure you introduce them slowly so they can adjust... but like with all water once you get in after a few seconds you realise its not actually that cold... especially with 35 degree sun above your head. I'm not a big fan of pools as we swim 3 times a week in the UK in them so this brings me onto my next point... the beach!

Wow. 7 Steps from the pool area and it is amazing. It honestly reminded me of a Caribbean beach. The view is breath taking with mountains in the distance. It has very clean white sand and it is only knee deep (about 1-2ft) for around 40 meters which is great! The sunbeds on the beach you do have to pay for (4.50 euros a day per bed and they come in pairs so its actually 9 euros). This was expected though as I don't know of a beach that doesn't charge for sunbeds nowadays. They also can be reserved for up to 4 days I think so if you plan on making a few trips to the beach it might be worth considering so you definitely have a space. They also come with a "wooden and straw umbrella hut thingy" which is nice if you want to take a few minutes out of the sun. We didn't reserve any and just paid for them on a daily basis but I made sure I put some towels on the just before 8am, went for breakfast and by half 9 / 10 the beach staff would come round and give you a ticket so you'd have them for the day. The water is also full of fish and for anyone that is worried about stinging sea creatures (me being one) I didn't see any jelly fish or anything to concern me!

The location of this hotel is really nice. Unlike a few of the hotels inland this hotel as I said previously is in a lovely area and doesn't feel in anyway like you're in a concrete jungle. The shops are very close by and like the shop in the hotel, all sell most things you will need. There's also a 24 hour doctor nearby (the hotel gives you all these details), and a quite a few pharmacy's close by. It cost us 7.50 each way to get a taxi into town, when calling a taxi just go to the front desk and get them to call you one and it will pick you up right outside.

Make sure you take enough sun cream!!! I can't stress this enough. We didn't and 1) the sun was very strong, and 2) the cheapest bottle of SPF50 Nivea Children's cream we could find was 24 euros. Yikes!

Back to the hotel now... the staff are outstanding. The management team clearly have their head screwed on here. I have never been treated so well by staff before. They are the most friendly and helpful hotel staff I have ever encountered. I mean every staff member, from the cleaners, to the chefs, to the front of house. One staff member that I would like to mention who was exceptional in every way is Said. He was the friendliest most hard working person we met. Every day during breakfast and dinner he made every extra effort to ensure that my partner and I and my daughter had an excellent time. So big thanks to you and all the other staff members!

I would recommend going all inclusive as the cocktails are roughly 5 euros each at the bars if you don't go all inclusive (I think that's what I saw on the menu). Also the all inclusive there really does cover everything. The beer is so good. I love my beer and I'd say it is one of the best beers on tap I have had. It's called Estrella and I will certainly be looking for it in the shops in the UK! It was also nice that they didn't have a one drink per person policy so on an evening I took 4 or 5 up with me to drink whilst we were getting ready for the evening entertainment!

Entertainment is good for both kids and adults and we saw a Jackson 5 tribute which was absolutely brilliant! Make sure you take a good insect repellent as the mosquitoes love me! It didn't seem to be a problem and we maybe encountered 1 or 2 mosquitoes each night outside but I fully expect to get bitten no matter where I go.

I'm pretty sure I could ramble on so much more about how good this hotel was and what a brilliant time we had!

All in all the hotel is outstanding so my best advice is to look forward to your stay! Will definitely be coming here again soon... maybe we will have to book another week this year... who knows? :)

Thank you all!

Room Tip: Rooms with sea views over looking the pool are obviously going to be nosier than those which have li...
11  Thank DominicGTI
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just came back from an amazing experience at the condesa!!
this hotel is positioned right on the front of a gorgeous seafront, amazing views, excellant food and very hard working friendly staff!!!!! had a fantastic stay and would definately reccommend!!!!!
Will be coming back again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cluckinhams2
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We are just home after a 2 week stay at the condesa. It is a fab hotel in a fab location. Our room was overlooking the pool & the beach. The hotel is very clean & the food was fine. The staff were all lovely, especially Said. The only thing I could complain about was the weather but that has nothing to do with the hotel. We would go back for another holiday here

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple