“fab holiday”

Globales Condes de Alcudia
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

lovely staff , room clean although a little small, but only needed it to sleep and wash and dress as there was always something to do.food good , love the themed nights, had the best holiday ever cant wait to go back . entertainment second to none . which made our holiday,.beautiful beach 5 min walk away. all in all a fabulous holiday . would like to thank lizzy,dvd and lewis for making our holiday so special (entertainment team).will be back next year.only been back one day and missing it already x

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HiHotels, Gerente at Globales Condes de Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at the Condes de Alcudia

Your comments are very valuable for us and give us a great opportunity to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Condes de Alcudia

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just returned from a ten day stay at Condes and not quite sure where to begin. Looking at other reviews it seems like we were in another Condes as 'excellent' certainly wouldn't be a word I would use. We have stayed at several 3* hotels and have always been very happy with them so the fact it is 3* is no excuse. The room was ok but as others have mentioned lacking in plug sockets, 1 in bathroom and 1 next to telly.(not really any point hiring a fan or fridge when you cant plug them both in ) Yes the maid came in every day and changed towels but bedding certainly wasn't changed regularly just straightened out some days you could still see where our heads had been on the pillow!!!! And then there was the shower, so tiny with an awful curtain that stuck to you as you tried to get washed.More than once i burned my back on the tap and several times turned it off with my body as i tried to wash myself (and no I am not huge am 5 ft 2 and a size 12) Several times the bathroom flooded and we had to use the hand towels to mop up. Another rather bizzare feature in the bathroom was that you could clearly hear people in other rooms cleaning their teeth, talking, showering etc!!! The food was ok but nothing special and quite repetative. The swimming pool is far too small for the size of the hotel and we didn't stand a cat in hells chance of getting a sunbed as the doors started slamming at between 6.45am and 7.00am with the pool crew taking down their towels. There are lots of plastic patio sets but none have any shelter from the hot sun so they weren't an option either. And now to the biggy, the one mentioned by lots of others........THE AIR CON..... or lack of it. there is no lovely cool blast as you walk into the Condes, instead you get a hot muggy stickiness everywhere. Our room was so hot it was unbearable and ladies forget doing your hair because before you leave the room humidity has kicked in and frizz is all thats left!! Eating in the dining room was uncomfortable in the morning and downright unbearable at night, one poor old lady was nearly in tears she felt so hot and had to leave the room. The poor waiting staff were soaked in sweat as they cleared the tables. We were half board and so went out to the local bars every night and as we left the hotel it was always cooler outside than it was in the hotel. As for the entertainment we didn't see any as there were no places to sit as people seemed to eat in shifts to save their tables so I can't comment on that but we did get a letter pushed under the door asking us to make a comment about them on trip advisor!!!! The hotel is in a good location and if the rumours are true and it is being taken over then i hope they spend a lot of money updating as it is needed. I realise as people have said your room is just a base and the lack of plug sockets shouldn't matter but as previously mentioned we have stayed in several 3* hotels and they have been fab with good air con lots of sockets, large pool and a shower big enough to accomodate an average sized adult. At the end of the day i paid good hard earned money for my holiday and expect it to live up to the description given when i booked it. The nearby beach is gorgeouse and will cost you nine euros for two sunbeds with parasol. Local bus service is very good and reliable highly recommend porto polensa very nice and less than four euros for two adults. All in all the resort is very nice just a shame about our hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KTD49
HiHotels, Gerente at Globales Condes de Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear guest,

We are grateful that you took the time and trouble to write about your holiday. We take your comments very seriously and they do help to improve our standards and services.

I am sorry that on certain levels your holiday did not live up to your expectations. I do hope I can address all the points that you have raised.

We know that holidays are special and do our best to make them completely enjoyable.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

from being greeted at reception we felt welcomed, all staff were very polite & helpful, ,rooms were comfortable but basic with daily maid service, my partner & I travelled with my mother who has difficulties walking too far, we were able to hire a wheelchair which arrived on time next day enabling us to get out & about, the restaurant gave a fab range of food, snacks were available till late & all drinks were literally on tap all day & night (all inclusive) then came the entertainments team, wow, DVD, LIZZY & LEWIS true entertainers, they were great, from daytime brain teasers, archery, shooting & bowls plus all the kiddies activities, so much effort went into their evening performances, simple games & sketches had us in fits of laughter, they worked very hard to make sure a good time was had by all. we could not believe this hotel was only a 3* the only moan I would have (there has to be one) was the steps going into the big pool. either side of the pool both going down into the deep end ! they were not the easiest to operate myself let alone poor old mum !!!!

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor, 9 in total, at the back of the hotel overlooking gardens from neighbouring...
4  Thank jacqueline c

Dear Client,
Thank you very much for your recent visit to hotel Condes de Alcudia

We highly appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your impression of your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the trouble you had. Our aim is to provide an excellent service and a high quality product.

We would like to thank you for constructive criticism and we will be pleased if you give further preference to our hotel.
It is nice to know that you enjoyed the variety of foods that we offer, the snacks is always served after each proper meal. and it will now be served at the pool área so that it will be more visible for our valued guests
The Entertainment team does their best to please each age categories
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have recently come back from a holiday here with my partner and to be honest we decided between us that the 3 star rating this hotel has got was to low. The entertainment team and food where definitely 5 star, the room itself was good but we only gave it a 4 and half as we had to single beds that we had to push together and I nearly fell through one night. Our Thomas Cook rep was very friendly and knew enough about the area to recommend places to visit and she was available to help if we needed it. We loved our holiday and would definitely recommend this hotel to others travelling to Alcudia. The entertainment team made it brilliant and we never ventured anywhere else for evening entertainment but the Pirates show of course but we still caught the last bit of the evening entertainment. We went half board but I would recommend going full board as we drank a lot while at the hotel spending about 20 euro's each night as we like the more expensive alcoholic drinks.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Natalie E
HiHotels, Gerente at Globales Condes de Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Condes de Alcudia

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having read some of the reviews submitted, I was well armed with other peoples' views, and ready to see for myself. In general I have to agree with the majority, this was a very enjoyable holiday. The rooms are quite small, but in terms of time spent inside, irrelevant. It was stated that only one power socket existed, in the bathroom, if you unplug the television that gives you two, if you really need it there's another behind the desk. The air conditioning did not meet the task of cooling the room, although 25 c outside made it difficult. The maids,(hard working and always pleasant ) came in every day and we always had adequate towels, etc. The food was very good with good variety. Again the staff were superb, in particular, the dark haired girl who worked in the bar, always ready with a smile whilst putting in a real days work. Entertainment was provided by the close knit team, Lewis, Lizzie, DVD. Just what holiday entertainment should be, getting people together, and laughing. One word of warning, if you win a bottle of their vintage champagne, and it's presented by Lewis, don't open it for at least a day, the celebratory shaking makes it a bit lively. Almost as entertaining was watching people trying to enter the all-in bar area. The wrist band has to be scanned to open the turnstile, sometimes it didn't work and watching some of the wrist movements kept me amused for hours. The pool saw my nine year old grandson for most of each day, only coming out to eat. The area around the hotel is very easy going, no hills or steps to climb. The beach is a few minutes away and the marina about a ten minute walk. Plenty of stop off cafe's/bars on the way. In all I recommend the hotel and the resort, if I do return I would prefer things a touch cooler so early/late season.

Room Tip: higher floors get sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank david t

Dear Guests.
Thank you so much for all the kind words and praises that you share for the readers of trip advisor. We are very pleased to know that for the third time , that we did not fail you and that your holiday was Great!.

We are also happy to know that you enjoyed the variety of quality cuisine that the chef had thoughtfully prepared for all our dear guests.

True that the hotel is located on an ideal location , close to the harbuor and near to numerous shops, that caters to different likings.
We keep the cleanliness in the rooms as well as all the ares in the hotel, and we thank the house keeping for their efforts.
We will relay your comments to the entertainment team
In behalf of myself , we would certailnly wish to welcome you and your family again on your next holiday.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel in the very early hours of sunday 3rd august, the hotel was silent but we were soon met by a really friendly man who checked us in quickly.
We woke to an amazing view on the 4th floor that overlooked the pool, we had a beautiful view of the beach/harbour too. I fact, the view could not have been better. I was happy on the 4th floor, however, the hotel has 9 floors!! (Thankfully, there are two lifts....only small but they do the job).
The food throughout the day was excellent for a 3 star hotel, chips daily, meats, veg, salad, various bread rolls etc. fruit juices are available with breakfast but only water or wine with lunch and dinner (this was my experience as all inclusive guests) however, you can take drinks in from the pool bar with you, just think ahead. Breakfast was by far the best for me. In between main meal times there were hot dogs and toasties available from the pool side bar....the options for drinks were also fab!! Slush drinks for children and alcoholic option for adults, fruit juice machine, cocktail machine, fizzy drinks, hot drinks, spirits and a beer.

The pool is small, but it's enough. It really isn't worth complaining about as the entertainment team ensure that some time in there is available for all.

Despite there being a rule of no inflatables or towels securing sunbeds....it still happens. (Doesn't it everywhere) there is a lifeguard on duty for most of the day too, even disabled access to the pool. Pools were cleaned during the evening, always looked tidy around the area.

The entertainment team (DVD, Lizzy and Lewis) were quiet simply amazing, the best we have come across. Not only did they keep the children happy but adults too. Their enthusiasm was noticed by several guests we spoke too. Never a bad word!!
They constantly encouraged the children with superstar certificates, when they achieve 5 they get presented with a gold medal (and adults). Games varied, water polo, splash bingo, biggest splash, killer pool etc. they also are raising money for two charities and sell votes for gunge the entertainer......lots of fun!!!
I personally couldn't fault them, they take the time to know all the children.....from us, thanks!!!

The staff were all polite and friendly, kept food topped up, areas clean. Clean towels were put in the room everyday and beds made.

The air con isn't great, we placed a card in so that when we were out it stayed on. Beds were ok (bit hard) but we slept. Only two plug sockets....however, not the end of the world.

5 minute walk to the beach, spar across the road.....everything you need is literally minutes away. The beach itself is beautiful, white sands and ver shallow clear water for a good way out.

I couldn't fault this hotel, it's by far a really high quality 3 star.....the entertainment team do a lot for the good name of this hotel. We hope that is noticed!! We will def. be back.

Stacey, James and Izobel

Room Tip: Safe is €25 but an additional €10 deposit, ask for wifi payment options to avoid charges. You can hi...
3  Thank Staceyj1986

Dear Clients,
thank you so much for taking yor valued time to make a comments regarding your stay with us.
We are plesed to know that you had a pleasant holiday with us Hotel Condes de Alcudia.

The Entertainment team does their best to please each age categories.

Thank you and we certainly hope to have the chance to welcome you and your family once again in the nearest future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned home yesterday from an all inclusive 10 night stay at the Condes in Port D'Alcudia.

I used Trip Advisor so much before we went on this holiday, going back pages and pages reading them all - so I was determined to write a detailed review as best as I could for people reading Trip Advisor about this hotel too and trying to answer some of the questions that I asked myself when reading reviews.

We went for 10 nights all inclusive, two adults and one child of 8 years old.

The transfer from the airport was rather straight forward, pretty much motorway until you get to Pollenca where we had a few drop offs before a quick trip to Port D'Alcudia.

On arrival, the hotel is situated in a perfect spot. Just along the road, literally, from the beach. As we got off the coach, if you look right of the exit down the street there are a few shops (and most of them are Spar for some reason), at the end of the road there is a small walk-way literally on to the beach. It's literally a two minute walk.

The reception area is clean and tidy and the lady who checked us in way lovely, polite and friendly. We were checked in within a matter of minutes and heading to the room. We had requested a high sea-view room and we were put on the top level (9). The hotel were very accomodating as I had e-mailed them prior to arrival to request a room in case they got taken up! They had allocated me the room on floor 9 already so when I asked she told me they'd allocated me a lovely room.

The one thing I did notice near reception area is, there is a lovely bar/lounge area which is closed and was closed for the full holiday. I don't know why they don't utilise this? I presume that it's to save costs, as most people sit outside in the sun and to pay someone to man the bar would potentially be an unnecessary cost - I think they must use the inside area during the winter months?

There are two lifts in the hotel and when people say they are small, they ARE small. I'd say 1 metre by 1 metre square, maximum 4 people and the lift won't move and beeps at you if the lift is too heavy. It has a light up man indicator on the inside of the lift to tell you how close to the lift being overweight you are. At busy times, the lift does take a small while to come but not AGES, just a few minutes at worst.

Got to the room and it's the standard key with a card you put in a slot for electricity to work. Spot lights in the bathroom and lights with switches above the beds.

We stayed in room 905 and this was a TWIN room. There was three beds, two pushed together and one separate for our daughter. Opposite the beds was a small wardrobe (but spacious for our clothes, with hangers and square storage box holes on the side) and a TV and mirror with dressing table/chair. The bathroom was adequate size, we were lucky and had a shower over the bath - some people there were reporting of a small shower cubicle (those who didn't have a bath!). The only complaint about the bathroom is the space for the sink seems bigger than the tiny space for the toilet. They should re-think their bathroom designs to make them more suitable and better use of space. But the bathroom was suitable. The fixtures and fittings were a little dated and could be done with refreshing, but they were okay and clean. Towels were small but available and changed daily. You get complimentary shower gel, shampoo and soap which is refreshed daily. Toilet roll is plentifull too.

The balcony is spacious, with two plastic chairs and a small plastic table (just below knee height). The balcony is secured by railings that are about 4 foot ish (taller than my daughter). The balcony doors are double glazing sliding doors. They are covered inside by a blackout curtain and a normal curtain. Tip: close the blackout curtain during the day to keep the heat out.

The room does have airconditioning but it isn't very strong. It DOES work and if the curtains and doors are closed, you can feel it a little bit - but some nights were humid and it wasn't very effective. This is a complaint of all people and the hotel really need to address this.

The cupboard in the room has a small safe, which costs 25 euro a week plus a 10 euro deposit - which is redicilous. We didn't use this, instead we used our suitcase with our suitcase lock on. Nothing was ever taken and the cleaners always tidied around and even small change was placed on the dressing table for us if we'd dropped any.

The beds are hard and not very comfortable but we got used to it.

FOOD:
The food is good and there is a lot. Fresh bread buns and baguette is available every day for you to cut and butter yourself.

Breakfast consisted mainly off beans, eggs, sausages, toast, bacon, some contintental products, yoghurts, cereal, fruit etc. There is fruit juice, water, wine and coffee/tea facilities available on a morning too.

Lunch consisted of a mixture and seemed to change every day, but always had salad stuff. My daughter liked the chicken drumsticks best, which were tasty. They didn't have tea/coffee facilities during lunch though? But they did have wine and water, again. Fresh fruit juice is only available on morning.

Tea consisted of a mixture again and did change regularly, but again always had salad stuff, cheese/crackers etc, a mixture of desserts. Their nicest meals are their carvery - which was beef or pork on different days.

The water is not cold that you can get and during lunch/tea there is no other option unless you go to the outside bar.

Plates were cleared away practically before you had even finished, but staff were polite. If you want to go back for more though, make sure you keep your knife and fork or you'll have to keep getting more.

We decided to go out twice for tea. One for a change of scenery and two for a change of actual food - because whilst it does change, when you are there for two weeks it does get a bit "samey" and you do start to feel like you are just eating "fast-food" style every day.

The restaurant is warm as there isn't air con (again, hotel must fix this!) but we were never in there too long.

OUTSIDE:
The terrace was spacious and plenty of tables and chairs outside the stage area for an evening.

The pool was large enough for all the kids and adults that were there during our stay (which seemed to be peak busy time) and whilst it isn't massive, it is suitable enough! There is a baby pool, a small child pool and the normal pool which deepest part is just over 6 foot.

There are plenty of sunbeds but people must go down about 4am to put their towels on - during the second week when it got busier during our stay, they went and we just used chairs.

The pool bar is, different. All inclusive people scan their wriststrap barcode to get in to the turnstyle entrance and then they have access to:
Slush puppy drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
Cocktails (which were warm and we didn't like them)
Tea/Coffee/Hot Chocolate
Water
Lager
Coca-Cola/Fanta/Fanta Lemon

This area also has a freezer with small ice creams (Walls ice cream) that you can get. There is vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.

Sometimes the barcode wouldn't scan but never too much of a problem, staff would come scan you in. The bar isn't constantly staffed but staff were always around.

The poolbar has a airhockey table which is 1 euro and two pool tables which are 1.5 euro to play. (Expensive)

One thing we found (and so did others) is that if you sit in the poolbar, you'll possibly get bit by mosquitos. We sat in there one day and my girlfriends legs got bit all over and I got a few too. We soon moved and the biting stopped. A few other people reported the same.

ENTERTAINMENT:
There is entertainment throughout the day between about 10-1 and 3-5 and again on a night between 8.00 and 11.00. Entertainment through the day includes activities for both adults and children. Rifle shooting, limbo, connect 4, egg spoon race, spoon diving, water polo, water basketball are to name but a few day time activities. On a night, it is the kids disco, then challenge the entertainer and then a main event that differs.

The entertainment team, Lizzi (Head Entertainer), DVD and Lewis are brilliant and really keep the children occupied. They remember their names and always say hello to everyone. They are friendly and helpful.

They ask for adult volunteers and if you don't want to take part that is fine. They never force you. I didn't want to join in any events personally as I felt uncomfortable, but they were fine with that and still always said hello and such.

They do some great shows themselves, such as the Hi's Got Talent which is funny for both adults and children!

Overall they really work very hard, every day, to give great entertainment. (Their day off is Tuesday!)

OUTSIDE:
The Port is lovely and is a lovely walk. The shops are like a buffet, the same shop every 4 shops kind of thing - but they are nice to walk around. The port itself is lovely and has a small market on an evening. The beach is lovely, soft and the sea is safe and you can paddle for quite a way out.

Ignore the smell of rotten fish, it comes and goes! Not sure what that is all about but that's just a warning. It knocked us sick for a few minutes a few times.

The only thing I will say is thank god for the hotel entertainment as mentioned above. Port D'Alcudia has nothing for children. The hotel is very family/children orientated but the port itself isn't. On a night, there was an overpriced trampoline thing for children to go on and a reasonable bouncy castle near the market on an evening, but that is all.

There are day trips that run, such as Marineland - but we were told that it was small and rubbish and not worth the money, so we never considered it.

The area has a horse/cart taxi type thing which will take you on a 20 minute round trip for 20 euro. That was nice. They also have a train that stops outside the Condes hotel, which takes you to different stops (including one near the water park), but we went on a round trip which lasted 40 minutes and was 3 euro each adult and 1.20 for a child.

The area has some nice restaurants, including a lovely Dakota steak house near the port itself. We went twice and it was lovely!

Will leave it there for this review. Hope it helps!

Room Tip: High level room, 5 or above - sea view
5  Thank Mike F

Dear Client

We are very happy that you had a great time in Mallorca and at our hotel

Sorry about the reserved sunbeds , of course we inform everyone not to do it , but some still does.
The entertainment eam will be pleased to know that you did enjoy their shows games and activities for all age lebels.

Best Regards