“A hotel of two sides”

Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Crawley, United Kingdom
“A hotel of two sides”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

There are two sides to this hotel, so please read all of the review.

On the negative side - There is only 2 very small lifts that a squeeze can hold 4 people and take ages to come, if you’re on the 9th floor you will have a long wait. It was advertised as an air conditioned hotel but you could get more a breeze by blowing on yourself and lastly the photo of the pool makes it look about 30m long but when you get there it is only about 10m.

The positives - The staff are very friendly and polite and the Thomas Cook entertainment team work very hard to keep you entertained all day. The food is to a good standard and has a very good choice of food and deserts. The housekeeping was great the hotel was very clean and tidy and your room was serviced every day.

1 Thank carl a
HiHotels, Gerente at Globales Condes de Alcudia, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Client
Thank you very much for your recent visit to hotel Condes de Alcudia

We highly appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your impression of your stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the trouble you had. Our aim is to provide an excellent service and a high quality product.

We would like to thank you for constructive criticism and we will be pleased if you give further preference to our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Hi! Condes hotel in the Port of Alcudia is quite large with 9 floors and as you can imagine, very busy in August. We found the Condes very lacking in facilities to meet the demands of all its guests. Sunbeds were limited and you have to be up early to get them as come 8 am all were reserved with towels. There was also a lack of tables for the evening entertainment. Small plastic cups for drinks all day long! Luckily you could purchase plastic pint glasses locally at your own expense. Air conditioning! How can this hotel be advertised as having air conditioning! You cant sleep at night because of the heat and food wasn't the only thing getting cooked in the restaurant. When we complained about the lack of sunbeds or tables we were told that we had to understand it was the height of the season. When we complained about the quality of the air conditioning all our Thomas Cook rep told us was that she knew that the air conditioning was poor.... very helpful... THANKS!

Here is some top tips for those visiting the Condes

1. Yes you've paid a premium rate to go at the height of the season BUT this unfortunately this means you wont be getting a Sunbed unless you rise with the birds and you wont get a table for the evening entertainment if you don't secure one in the afternoon and camp there for the day!
As the rep says "It is the Height of the Season".

2. Yes you may have paid to go all inclusive but DO expect to have to hire at your own cost Sunbeds at the beach! As the rep says "It is the Height of the Season".

3. Yes you may have paid for air conditioning BUT do expect to have to pay for a fan at the reception when you realise the air con is below par. Please do complain to your Thomas Cook rep about the air conditioning and be amazed at the poorest most unhelpful response ever.

4. Please don't be envious of those holidaying in other hotels who get a full size ADULT cup to drink from in the evening.

On a positive note the food was very good. The staff were polite and..... saving the best for last.... the Entertainment Team were FANTASTIC!!!!! A big well done for LIZZY LEWIS and of course DVD!!!! Without a doubt the funniest entertainment team I have ever seen!!!! (and the wife agrees.... now that's a first!)

For those who haven't yet booked please consider the Lagomonte in Alcudia which is also three stars but definitely but in a totally differnt class to the Condes!!!

Room Tip: Their isn't a good choice of room in my opinion as the air conditioning is very poor throughout...
2 Thank michael s
Dear Clients

That some of the guests placed their towels on sunbeds, sorry about that , we will surely find a way to solve that sooner
We will be glad to welcome you again in the near future
Our Best Regards

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I'll start with the cons, get the bad things out of the way.
----
The air conditioning isn't very strong. It does get hot in the day. I didn't really mind so much but at times it was scorching (but hey, we're in the Mediterranean and it's midday, what did I expect!)
If it does get hot, you could just have a quick dip in the pool plus there are shops a stone's throw away. The beach is also about 5 minutes away if the pool isn't your thing. Over there you can go on a speedboat or a peddle boat.
----
The TV wasn't very great, but trust me, you won't have much use for it at all, not with all the entertainment that is on! Unless you plan on staying in your room through out the entire holiday then this will be something you hardly notice.
----
The Wi-fi coverage isn't great. When you are downstairs, you'll get it just fine, but by the time you get to floor 2, you'll disconnect. I was on floor 8, so I had no chance at all. A bit of a pain, when you want to charge your phone but use it at the same time. This is the only significant problem that I had come across.
Now onto the pros!
----
The staff are absolutely fantastic, everyone from the entertainment team to the maids. They are all friendly, polite and helpful.
----
When I first came to the hotel, I was worried that the food may not be good, especially when a woman we met in the lift said it was bad, but boy was she wrong. There is something for everyone (and I am a really picky eater...)
----
If you pay 1 euro, you can go on the computer for 10 minutes and so on, if you desperately need to check your email or whatever. To get the wifi password, ask at reception.
----
You have the opportunity to go to many cool events and places. I went to Katmandu, and I advise you all to go there also, great for all the family (Thanks Gemma- our rep).
----
Another amazing and totally great thing, which I can see has been comented on quite a lot, both during the trip when we were talking to other families, and on this website.
The Entertainment.
Firstly, you have the morning-y/afternoon (something like that I was never great at keeping track at time. I forgot the amount of days until my own birthday, but Lewis could remember when it was- yes it was wrong, but that was my fault because I told him the wrong date- rambling I know ANYWAY...) You've got this daytime entertainment and there's a number of things that go on then, like the biggest splash in the pool, there was also bowling for the kids and archery/rifle shooting for those who are a little older.
It is absolutely phenomenal. I lived for those evenings with Lewis, Lizzie and DVD. A disco along with party games for the kids, and some games for the adults too. Foreign Affairs, is one segment that stood out, along with Miss Condes (ridiculous amount of fun) and that game that I sorta forgot the name of (whoops. Especially seeing as that was last night... It was that one where we are all split into two teams and its this quiz sort of thing, I am totally underselling this.)
Lewis, Lizzie and DVD are very funny and friendly individuals and all work well as a group. There's a lot of chemistry and their antics both on and off stage puts a smile on my face. Outstanding personalities, and they work very well with children (and adults!). They're great singers and dancers too, DVD is definitely the best singer!
---
The beach may have been what my mother had come for, but trust me, the entertainment is what made my holiday the best I've ever been on. And for this to be a 3 star hotel, I would have never guessed.

Room Tip: Rooms from 18-25 tend to be facing away from the pool so if you, for some bizzare reason, would not...
2 Thank Valentina V
Dear Guest.
hope you and you grand daughter had a pleasant journey back home.
We are happy to know that you had a fantastic holiday staying wwith us Condes de Alcudia.

The entertainment eam will be pleased to know that you did enjoy their shows games and activities for all age lebels.

We keep the cleanliness in the rooms as well as all the ares in the hotel, and we thank the house keeping for their efforts.

We serve a wide variety of foods in the restaurant as well as the snack bar in the pool área.
We appreciate that you spend your time in writing your comments for all the other guests to see.

Thank you and we certainly hope to have the chance to welcome you and your family once again in the nearest future.

Best Regards
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

On arrival at the hotel, we were checked in to our room quickly and efficiently. Although our room was missing an extra bed, it was sorted straight away with no problems. The hotel itself was VERY clean, with a maid service daily. Although the bedroom was basic, we were hardly in it at all, and it was more than adequate for us.

The self service bar was well stocked, and the staff when present were very helpful. Unfortunately the restaurant was very hot, but the food was very good. There was a wide selection every day for every meal, and in our weeks holiday I can honestly say I didn't eat the same thing twice.

The entertainment team were very hard working, and my daughter enjoyed participating in the all the children's games and events, particularly the biggest splash. Although I didn't join in many adult activities, everyone that did seemed to enjoy themselves, and they were fun to watch.

Overall we had an excellent holiday, however there are a few minor negatives. The first being that the lifts are very small and slow only holding 4 people at a time. The second being that the air conditioning is practically non-existence, meaning that meal times were often uncomfortable, as was sleeping. And my final negative is the swimming pool. It is very small for the size of the hotel, and very deep. My mother who came with us, only managed to swim once, as the steps to the pool were in the very deep end and there was only a small shallow end which wasn't that shallow, meaning you had to be in the pool with young children at all times. We never managed to get a sun bed as people were putting towels on to them before 7am. We were able to get table and chairs in the pool terrace area though. And the hotel is only a 2 min walk from the beach.

Although the negatives were annoying they did not really impact our holiday, and we would certainly use this hotel again.

Dear Guests.
Thank you so much for all the kind words and praises that you share for the readers of trip advisor.
we are pleased that you had such a great time on your holiday.
We take pride in delivering the best service we can offer from welcoming you on your arrival to keeping your rooms cleaned daily and of course the choices of foods we offer.

We will relay your comments to the entertainment team.
We thank you so much and we will be pleased to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best Regards
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Staff are pleasant and friendly, entertainment team were great. Rooms are too small with inadequate air conditioning (noisy and not cold!). Toilet was too close to the sink meaning your legs were underneath it! Food ok but veg was limited with dehydrated cucumber and white and brown salad leaves. Hate to be too British but bacon was typical Spanish bacon (No meat on it and loads of fat!) Biggest disappointment was the pool. As usual people were rushing down to reserve sunbeds at 6am! The pool was also 1.4m deep at the shallow end meaning your child has to be at least 9 years old to be able to touch the bottom or be able to swim. Hotel does not serve a pint glass but still charge you for a pint at 2.30 euros.
Overall, you are better using the facilities at neighbouring hotels so in principle you might as well stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Great sea views. Rooms 107,207,307 etc next to the lift with sea view.
Dear Client
Thank you very much for your recent visit to hotel Condes de Alcudia

Thank you and it will be a pleasure to welcome you again son.

Our kind Regards
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The air conditioning system didn't work throughout hotel, most people complaining, impossible to sleep in the heat.Travel rep fully aware, as was manager,neither were at all interested ,the maintainance man said it doesn't work properly, & reception staff said it didn't matter anyway as the air con was always turned off to use for the dining room during all mealtimes! Spoilt what is otherwise a lovely hotel with great food, awesome entertainment team, clean rooms, friendly staff and a beautiful resort.

Room Tip: after speaking to many people none seem to have air con that works wherever you are in the hotel!
1 Thank Trish L
HiHotels, Gerente at Globales Condes de Alcudia, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear guest,

We are grateful that you took the time and trouble to write about your holiday. We take your comments very seriously and they do help to improve our standards and services.

I am sorry that on certain levels your holiday did not live up to your expectations. I do hope I can address all the points that you have raised.

We know that holidays are special and do our best to make them completely enjoyable.

Best Regards,
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

lovely staff , room clean although a little small, but only needed it to sleep and wash and dress as there was always something to do.food good , love the themed nights, had the best holiday ever cant wait to go back . entertainment second to none . which made our holiday,.beautiful beach 5 min walk away. all in all a fabulous holiday . would like to thank lizzy,dvd and lewis for making our holiday so special (entertainment team).will be back next year.only been back one day and missing it already x

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at the Condes de Alcudia

Your comments are very valuable for us and give us a great opportunity to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests.

We are very happy that you had a great time in Mallorca and at our hotel

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Condes de Alcudia

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Hotel Roc Boccaccio
#19 of 49 in Port d'Alcudia
Hotel Globales Mimosa
Hotel Globales Mimosa
#30 of 39 in Palmanova

Been to Globales Condes de Alcudia? Share your experiences!