Myself, husband & 12yr old son returned yesterday after a week's holiday all inclusive at The President. I'll try not to repeat comments from previous reviews if possible! Holiday got off to a bad start with a 7hr delay on our flight out so I was hoping that wasn't a sign of more bad things to come when we actually got there. It wasn't. Check in was quick, efficient & pleasant with Yvon, there was often a young man working the reception desk, who's name I didn't get..very pleasant & bent over backwards to help you. Only one member, Maria I think her name, was a bit miserable and unfriendly. Couldn't fault the rest of the staff, must mention Paul at the pool bar, always friendly and made time for you.
Food was very very good, varied, cooked well and plentiful. Couldn't fault the drinks either, the husband was over the moon to get a full size pint glass of lager, unusual in comparison to other all inc hotels we've been to. I couldn't find fault with the vodka I was drinking either, and the Sangria which was on draught was lovely. Loved the beach bar, tho couldn't understand why it's not all inc when it's advertised as the hotel's bar, worth an evening there tho and I agree with a previous reviewer's comment about the guitarist on a Monday evening, definitely worth going down for.
If I were to say anything negative, it would be only that I don't really think it warrants it's 4* rating, more a good 3*, down to it's rather dated (tho by no means dirty or tatty) decor in the reception area, it really doesn't impress when you walk in. The bedrooms were fine & the pool areas lovely ( yes you do need to get up early for a sunbed) and everywhere was very clean..that is just my opinion, I expect a little bit of a wow factor when entering a 4* hotel entrance and The President doesn't have that. Tho the Spa was most definitely worthy of 4*, it was beautiful.
My son was a little short on English friends, there weren't many English families there and on the first day initially he wasn't looking happy so if you have a child who is sociable and loves to make friends they may struggle to find any if you go outside of peak season.
Overall, a very nice hotel with more positives than negatives, in a very quiet, charming, relaxed area..and I would most certainly be happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 4* hotel HSM President stands out for its situation in Aucanada, Alcudia, the resort is full of charm & tranquillity & upholds high quality facilities and good service. It is a perfect choice for couples who want to have a rest and chill out enjoying the privileged environment next to the sea. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM President boasts of an enviable location, in the privileged residential area of Aucanada, 1,5 km from Puerto de Alcudia and 4 km from the village centre. The beach is just steps away (15 m) offering spectacular view of Alcudia Bay. Aucanada is famous for its golf course Golf Aucanada, one of the most modern and impressive golf courses of Majorca. The hotel HSM President is the closest hotel to the golf course (1 km away) and offers free transport service for guests. Alcudia is situated in the north eastern part of the island (54 km from Palma and 60 km from the airport). Being located in one of the most desirable locations on the island with it's calm, extensive beaches, HSM President is a perfect place for families with small children. It offers idyllic naturals spots, such as Natural Park of Albufera or the forest Cas des Pinar. Alcudia Bay offers uncountable attractions: shops, bars, restaurants, water park "Hidropark", possibility to practice outdoor sports where water sports and cycling stand out among others. Many cyclists choose this area thanks to its incredibly enticing cycling routes that offer different levels of difficulty as well as spectacular views! ROOMS: The hotel offers spacious double and single rooms that present elegant and modern decoration and colours. All of the rooms include a bathroom, hairdryer, air conditioning, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), parquet floor, LCD satellite TV and balcony. Some of them offer an outstanding sea view. The hotel offers also Junior Suites, with extra space and a sofa bed and direct sea view! GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers half board, full board or all inclusive food and beverage packages. The restaurant, with a beautiful sea view, offers an extensive and modern buffet with a huge selection of cold and hot dishes as well as a wide variety of homemade desserts. The restaurant also offers dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. All meals are served in the style of a thematic buffet. Drinks in half board and full board are not included in the price (lunch and dinner). All inclusive offers (besides the 3 main meals) snacks between meals and all kind of drinks (beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the day. The clients are asked to wear suitable clothes for dinner. FACILITIES: The hotel offers 3 swimming pools for adults, and one for children. There is a terrace with sunbeds and sunshades. The "Wellness and Spa" area with beautiful sea view offers an indoor swimming pool with hydrotherapy, Turkish bath, jacuzzi, sauna, chill out area and a gym. One must be at least 16 years of age to access the spa area. Bar service is available at the pool. Inside of the hotel there is an indoor bar and spacious, cozy common areas, as well as a game room. CHILDREN: The hotel offers for children: swimming pool, playground and mini club. Also baby cots and high chairs are available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. Pool towels and bathrobes for rent (with a deposit). WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car and rent a bike. Massage service (extra charge). We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Billiards (extra cost), table tennis, tennis court and volleyball in the complex. The hotel is specialized and certified in cycling tourism: not only does the hotel have a well prepared storage room for bicycles, but it also offers general information about cycling routes, meals adapted to the cyclists' needs, etc. Possibility to practice sports in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your HSM President Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm President Hotel
- Hsm President Puerto Alcudia
- Hotel Hsm President
- HSM President Golf & Spa Majorca, Spain