“Another great holiday”

Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have never submitted a review before but think people should know how great this place is.This was our third time at the Ivory Playa. We stayed in 2 apartments self-catering, myself , my husband and three children and their grandfather.
The hotel is well maintained and very clean, the staff friendly and efficient. The rooms have everything you need for a family holiday.
Our two youngest kids really enjoyed the kids club and made lots of friends.
The pool bar restaurant serves tasty food that wasn't any more expensive than outside the hotel. The Hawaii restaurant just outside the side gate is also very handy.
The pool area is clean and quiet and safe. The evening entertainment is fine as well (as long as you are not expecting high-end West-end style performances, which is unrealistic at any small hotel, I think).
I would recommend this hotel to any family looking for a quiet holiday with comfortable accomodation in a great location beside the beach. We have already booked again for next year.

3  Thank K A

Reviewed 5 September 2012

The Ivory Playa is just such a fabulous hotel - spotless, friendly, perfectly positioned for one of the nicest spots on one of the best beaches in Majorca.

The rooms are very well equipped and nothing is too much trouble for the staff there. You are left with the impression that there are no corners cut and that they really do care.

We'll be coming back next year - I have no doubt that more people say the same about this hotel than any other in Alcudia.

5  Thank Gary F
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was our first stay at Ivory Playa and I have to say, I was really impressed. The rooms were spotlessly clean and the staff are so friendly and helpful and even made my very shy 5 year old come out of his shell! The on-site restaurant and poole bar offered reasonably priced and very good food! The beach is literally on the door step and is fantastic for small children as you have to go out quite a way before you get to deep water! My son loved it! The cleaning staff were very friendly and always greeted you in the corridor when they saw you. The bar staff were very helpful and couldn't assist you enough! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! There are plenty of restaurants nearby and an Eroski store just a few minutes walk with all everything you need for a self-catering holiday!

Room Tip: Choose a sea and garden view room on a high floor - fantastic views and the doors block out any nois...
4  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 1 September 2012

This hotel was just outside of town, but only a bus ride away from Alcudia. It did have restaurants and shops nearby, though. The supermarket across the road sold everything you could want for a great holiday. The hotel had 3 excellent pools, a reasonably-priced poolside cafe, selling tasty food, and there was plenty of room for sunbeds. Beach towels could be hired from the hotel for 3 euros each which kept the weight of cases down. A great idea. The room was very clean, spacious and beds changed frequently. The entertainment was excellent apart from one singer who was awful. The Flemenco dancers were superb as was the magician. The club for children was a good idea too but while it was on the other children should be made to not run about like mad things. My only concern was that, once again, beds were 'booked' with towels. Surely this practice must be stopped by the management? It's tiresome. Majorca is an expensive place, about the same as the U.K. but the nearby beach more than makes up for that; it is beautiful, enormous with shallow water for wee ones. Sunbeds were again expensive at 9 euros for two. However, I would certainly return.

Room Tip: The boat trip for a morning was very worthwhile, albeit a bit expensive for 2 hours. Other than that...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jenny1212
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Me, my wife and our 2 girls (5 and 7 years) just had another fantastic week on Mallorca. We stayed on Hotel Ivory Playa for the second time - and it is still the same brilliant little hotel. Just read my first review. As it was our second visit, there was a small surprise in our room when we arrived. Thank you Ivory Playa! :)

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank R0lighed
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This hotel exceeded all expectations. The service was fantastic and The facilities were just right. The pool never got too busy and there was always enough loungers, evening entertainment was great too as was the food! The beach is one of the nicest I have been on and we didn't have a bad meal the whole time we were there. My children loved the hotel pool, and happy children means a happy mum. Would love to go back there.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MagicMarie
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We have been holidaying in Alcudia for the last 8 years. We usually stay in the Viva Tropic, but thought having read the great reports on the Ivory Playa, that my wife, 13 year old son and 20 month old little boy, would give it a try.
Most of the reviews are very accurate, cleanliness, service and staff are excellent, why then did I not really take to these appartments?
Firstly the evening entertainment is awful, most of the shows are mimed and performed by the on site entertainment crew. The professional shows we seen were also really poor.
The location is also a big negative, only the proximity to the beach can be seen as a benefit. Reviews suggesting a "20 minute stroll to the port" or a 5 Euro taxi fare are way off the mark. The taxi fare was always a few cent under 7 Euro and took about 10 minutes, so to walk it in 20 along poorly maintained footpaths would be impossible.
I was also quite annoyed at having to pay 26 Euro for the use of a cot for the week, we'd booked a package holiday and to have this add-on, I felt was a bit out of order.
There is no doubt that the staff here are great, particularly the waiters and bar staff who ensured you never had to wait too long for a drink, the maid service was also excellent.
At the end of the day however, there are better places to stay in Alcudia. And I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Request or book poolview.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family