“Location on the beach”

Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Oslo, Norway
“Location on the beach”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Great location on the beach. Nice and clean pool, and the apartments are newly renovated in modern style.
Nice and friendly staff. My only comment is that when you are located on the first floor, the sunbeds along the pool is very near your balcony.

Room Tip: Sea-side, 3.rd floor -
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank SiriOslo_Norway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Me and my boyfriend (age 20 and 24) stayed at this hotel early September 2011. We were self catering and stopped in a room off the main v shape. I would definately recommend these rooms and if I were to go back I would 100% ask to stay in the same room as we were away from all the main action and still had the most beautiful views from the balcony. Also one side of the v shape rooms is always in the shade given the sun and time.

We were staying for a week in the paraiso, during this time the maid came every day to change sheets and towels and was excellent, very very friendly! Rooms were spotless and perfect layout.

We did not eat in the hotel so unable to comment, however did snack at the pool bar, which has everything you need.

The location of this hotel is the selling point and 100% worth every penny. The main strip is only a ten minute walk along the see front however do wander behind the hotel as there are various bars and eating places.

This hotel doesn't have many English people in and is mainly Danish family's. As we are only in are early 20s we were hoping to meet a few young couples however is more of a family place, however do not let this put you off going to this hotel/apartments!

The only problem we had with this holiday was the travel from the airport to the hotel and back. We booked with Thomas Cook and this was due to Bellevue site is so big we had to wait 30-45 minutes to find out where people were staying and then take them to there appartments - in this time the rest of the drop offs could have been done. Was annoying as you just want to get to your hotel!! I note this has nothing to do with hotel!

100% have to stop here if visiting Alcudia!!!

• Stayed September 2011
7 Thank Brough6
Portlaoise, Ireland
Reviewed 19 October 2011

My Wife and I have just stayed here for the second time. Our first stay was 5 years ago as part of a "cruise and stay" holiday. We had decided to return to marjorca this year and were considering staying at "bellview", until we read trip advisors reviews, I think the review entitled "hellview" was the one that clinched it, although "don't stay" came very close!

The Paraiso is in a fantastic location, right on the beach. To pull the curtains in the morning and look out over the pool to the beach, the beautifuly blue sea and the coast of menorca is indeed heavenly. Although we are not able to do water sports, it was wonderful to watch others from from the balcony, and the beach of course.

The staff there are very welcoming and very helpful. The cleaning staff do a very good job and our apartment was cleaned every other day and clean towels left for us.

We didn't eat there as we prefer to go out and enjoy a different place each day. Lunas at the other end of town is great. They have fantastic shows most nights too.

We had the opportunity to see what the refurbished rooms will be like, all rooms are to be done by next season. Much more modern, with flat screen tv, microwave, walk in shower sliding doors on the wardrobes and key card entry among the changes.

The only fault with the Paraiso is noise. I am a light sleeper and the cleaners start early. With the bedroom windows opening on to the corridor, it was difficult for me to sleep past 7.30. On our previous stay we were sometimes awoken by guests returning late. But this is a small gripe. Everything else is really, really good.

If you decide to stay here, make sure you walk up the beach to the town. It is a lovely walk, plenty to see, many places to stop for a drink or a snack. For something different and healthy, go to lou lou where they serve frozen natural yogurt with your choice of fruit, sauce and muiseli. c/ sant miquel.

Room Tip: Most rooms overlook sea , but it is best to book direct and request one.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank alkris
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Booked 2 weeks for above between 20.9.11 to 4.10.11 with the CO-OP who are affiliated with Thomas Cook. We requested a sea view and on arrival were informed a budget room situated at the rear of the aparthotel had been ordered by the tour company which had limited facilities ie no kettle,TV, Toaster etc. and a poor view over the kiddies club and access area.
On asking to be moved to a room with a sea view the hotel staff were very helpful but a charge of 15 euros extra per day had to be paid. The hotel was fully booked but we were moved four days later to a fully equiped room over looking the pool and sea with a breathtaking view of Manorca.
Hotel very clean, staff very helpful and friendly with a good command of english and any maintenance issues attended to very quickly. Most holiday makers in premises were from Scandivanian countries and Germany but the hotel adopted a no reservation of sun loungers policy and would lift towels and place them on the stage used for the night time entertainment..
Sightseeing trips can be booked cheaper from reception than via tour reps. The reception staff even booked a dental appointment for me with written instructions for the taxi and I was back at the pool and pain free within 2 hours.
The hotel is practically fully booked for next year with return customers and Thomas Cook will not be allocated rooms for next year but some rooms can be booked direct.

Room Tip: Make sure you have documentation stipulating you have a reserved sea view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Traveller186520
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My holiday in sept 2011 with my friend was one of the best hols we have ever had,this was made perfect by our stay at these apartments! On arrival we had the best of greetings by friendly staff,ready to help. Rooms are spacious and i felt in sept the air con was fine.
The bar staff was great,made you feel so welcome especially Roberto,the guys a legend!
Didnt really eat at pool bar as self catering and found some great restaurants 5 mins away,try Roma and el toro,great food and free glass of champagne every night.
Will be coming back on my next holiday,loved the place and beach on your doorstep is fantastic,couldnt ask for more,wish i was back:-(((((

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank lucy f
London
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I chose to stay at this hotel after reading the reviews on this site, and I wasn't disappointed. I was there for 4 days/nights and it was the perfect place to relax. I went self catering and travelled on my own after my partner unfortunately had to cancel at the last minute, so I can't comment on the family entertainment or food provided by the hotel I'm afraid. But the location is perfect...you couldn't get a better location right on the beach front. When the sun got too hot on the beach, it was only a 1-2 minute walk back to my room to cool off in the air-conditioning.....every room now has air-con (and I like that they have connected it so that if you open your balcony door, it turns off - very eco-friendly).

I couldn't fault the hotel staff for their helpfulness and friendliness. They made some great restaurant recommendations....La Casa Gallega for traditional Spanish food (the prawn & avocado salad was heaven), and I think a place called "Aqua" right at the end of the marina - it has an amazing view over the whole bay. The staff even let me practice some of my basic Spanish on them...even though they speak perfect English!

The rooms are basic, but very very clean. The kitchen could do with more facilities (it only has 2 electric hobs, a fridge and pots/pans/plates etc). I prepared my own simple breakfasts and lunches but went out for dinner....which is what I'd planned to do anyway. I agree with some people comments that you can hear people talking in the rooms next door, but I always travel with ear plugs, so it wasn't a problem.

It may be a downside to some, but I liked the fact that the hotel was a little walk to the main hustle and bustle near the marina. The walk is a nice stroll along a beach path (about 30 mins). It's a good way to build up an appetite beforehand and walk off your meal afterwards. During the day, you can walk along the beach with your feet in the water!

The beach is one of the best beaches I have seen in a long time. I was amazed at how clear and shallow the water was. It is perfect for the smallest child, or the most grown-up adult alike! I would recommend it for toddlers, elderly people and disabled people with carers, as the water is so shallow (until at least 30 metres out) and then it's a very gradual gradient. There are no rocks, seaweed or waves.

One extra feature of the hotel which came in very handy was the luggage store and shower room. My flight home wasn't until the evening, but I had to check out of my room at noon. But they had a luggage store room, plus they provided me with a towel to use the guest shower room behind reception. This meant that I could enjoy the beach right until the last minute and still freshen up before flying home. I've not seen this in a hotel before.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank hiccup4
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Travelled with my partner and toddler. You cannot beat the location of this hotel. Right on the beach and with the main strip on your doorstep. Air conditioning is now in every room. We were in an annex and had a stunning view along the coast to the port.

There was an entertainment team who worked very hard. My daughter loved the kids disco every night and we mostly stayed on for the evening entertainment too. There was a good mixture of nationalities at the hotel which was nice. We went self catering and I had planned to cook some nights but it wasn't really possible in the kitchenette. Only 2 rings and a toaster. That was my excuse anyhow. Wish I'd booked half board! You can't buy fresh meat in the local shops- I hear there is a proper supermarket 5mins away by taxi though.

The walls were thin and we could hear our neighbors snoring loudly every night but I don't think it was any worse than any hotel I've been to before.

Top hotel.