This was actually our honeymoon/1st abroad holiday as a family. Myself and my husband brought our 19 month old daughter and she absolutely loved it. We booked a studio and on arrival they had upgraded us to a 1 bedroom apartment. (i previously emailed the hotel direct to inform them that it was our honeymoon and only receiving a confirmation email back I didnt expect this to happen)...............When we entered our room there was a lovely bottle of cava with a compliments slip saying 'we hope you enjoy your honeymoon'
I cant comment on the food as we was self catering. All I can say is that when we walked through the eating area to the pool it looked very fresh and appetizing. (I must say that the upgrade was expensive and I dont think it was worth the money. Maybe if I had 2 kids over 6 then I may consider going AI
The splash pool was brilliant for my daughter. She just loved it. It made us feel at ease that she could walk about in it with out us having to constantly hold on to her (although we were always a step behind her!!) She loved the frog slide!!
The rooms were really nice and modern and the beds/towels were changed 5/7 days. Even on arrival my daughter received a little welcome pack with teddy bear!!
The only negative I have is that the hotel guests seemed to of a mixed nationality. The reason I say this as a negative is because my daughter being 19 month old constantly would be saying hello and waving to the little boys and girls. If they were foreign the parents wouldn't acknowledge her or wouldn't encourage their kids to say hello back. If I know what Hello or good day is in German then they will definitely know how to say it in English!!!! I just thought that the non english were quite rude.
The hotel wasnt far away from the main area, but it was far enough not to be in the hustle and bustle. the marina was lovely too. People would say its about 15 min walk. I would double that as you dont want to be doing a brisk walk along the beach. A nice walk along the beach would take 25 mins at least.........one night we took the horse and carriage which was 15 euros one way!! It was better than walking again in 32 degree heat, and thats at night
We didnt stay in the hotel for the entertainment as we wasnt all inc. The drinks were expensive. There seemed to be a disco on for the kids each night and a different show on for the adults/family. We did listen to the entertainment from our balcony when we put our daughter to bed and it seemed ok.
All in all we had a really lovely time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aparthotel Viva Sunrise is the perfect family destination in Port of Alcudia. Peaceful, comfortable and inviting, it features magnificent swimming pools, including a children’s pool with a Pirate Boat and water games, a sports ground, mini-club, children’s playground and a full program of entertainment events. It lies just 400 m from the bay of Alcudia and is ideally located in the heart of the shopping district. The attractions on offer are completed by the delicious selection of dishes in Viva Sunrise’s buffet and a la carte restaurants, plus a varied drinks menu and spectacular themed dinners. In Viva Sunrise your enjoyment is guaranteed. Children can dance to their favourite tunes every evening in the mini-disco. And for the adults, every night is party night with live performances and many other surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viva Sunrise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Sunrise Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Viva Sunrise Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Sunrise Alcudia
- Viva Sunrise Majorca, Spain