Had a 10 night stay recently at the Viva Tropic in a one bed superior pool view apartment. Although quite small, the apartment was very clean and served its purpose. Pull out sofa bed not the most comfortable but we got by.
The comlex itself is great for kids, we had a 3 and a 7 year old and both had a ball. The pirate pool with all the slides was great. Beside that pool was a playground, with a bouncy castle and crazy golf course, so if needing a break from the pirate pool there was the answer.
The main pool was split into two, with a slope leading down to the deeper part of the pool at one end, and a step at the other. Entrtainment was provided daily at the pool by the superb entertainment crew the tropic employs.
Usual problem with towels occupying sunbeds first thing, and it's a shame the mgmt. do not do something about it even though they mention on their welcome sheet they do.
Entertainment at night for kids was good, check out the characters at http://www.bufoworld.com, however, the show advertised as the adults show, although good most nights was really for the older kids in your party as opposed to adults.
Location of the Tropic was brilliant with regards to going to the marina, and all the restaurants around it. Couple to note were Bodega Des Ports at the far side of the marina, and on the Alcudiamar pier itself a restaurant called Bistro Mar. Not the cheapest, but food very good.
Around the corner from the Viva Tropic on the main road, there was an Italian called Don Vito which we ate in a couple of nights and found to be very good (we only tried the pizza not pasta, but as pizza's go, couldn't complain). Did not eat in the Tropic itself.
Overall a great trip for the kids, and if the kids are happy then so are mammy and daddy :-) Would recommend to a family with young kids, but if in a one bed apartment, expect it to be small and compact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Tropic is located just 200 m. from the stunning beach of Puerto de Alcudia. Its services, facilities, gastronomy and friendly staff will make you have some unforgettable holidays in Mallorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Zafiro Tropic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Tropic Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Alcudia
- Alcudia Viva Tropic
- Zafiro Tropic Majorca, Spain