I don't complain at all but feel need to share this....We have just returned from what was supposed to be a 7 night stay at the Viva Tropic, we actually only stayed 5 as when we arrived we were told they had over booked, we arrived at 10.30 at night to be told this news,we had a very tired 9 year old, we were told we could stay at another hotel in the viva chain for one night and return to a studio or 2 nights and be upgraded to a garden room. We chose the 2 nights, were taxied to the a hotel that was in an area we didn't know and had not a lot around it. We couldn't unpack and were very frustrated. Apparently we were chosen as it had less impact on us. We arrived back at the viva tropic as advised at 10.00 two days after our holiday started to be told they didn't have a room ready and we would have to FIND us a room and we may have to wait until 1oclock when the next coach load arrived
This did not go down well, being told that they still didn't have a room for us and would have to find one was ridiculous, we were offered a free drink, we declined as were very frustrated and angry by now, suprise, surprise 5 mins later a room was found, but not a garden room as promised on the first night. we were offered breakfast for the whole stay which we declined as we only book self catering so we are not tied down to meal times. We asked for a free safe which was granted. We were asked to sign copious amounts of paper work to say we accepted, how could we not we needed a room and to start our holiday. Overall not a good experience for us and we travel to majorca twice a year. The hotel was nice in my eyes not 4 star as lots of little details were not of that 4 star standered and this would be my opinion even if we had not had our experience. the bar man was also very rude. The rooms are very good and spacious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Tropic is located just 200 m. from the stunning beach of Puerto de Alcudia. Its services, facilities, gastronomy and friendly staff will make you have some unforgettable holidays in Mallorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zafiro Tropic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Tropic Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Alcudia
- Alcudia Viva Tropic
- Zafiro Tropic Majorca, Spain