My daughter and her husband booked this hotel for themselves, their 2 sons aged 4 and 17 months, and ourselves. It was not the hotel to visit without children as it was full of them! The waiters were excellent being able to carry trays and avoid scampering children at the same time!
Reception staff spoke excellent English and helpful.
The whole place was very clean. The rooms a good size and the air con worked well. We really appreciated the fridge. I thought hire of the safe rather expensive at 16.50 euros for a week, but at least it was large enough to contain all that we and rest of my family had. My only complaint about the room was no maid service on 2 days a week. It is many years since I have stayed in accommodation without 7 day service.
We stayed B&B. the breakfast was adequate, though the fruit juices very watery.
The children's playground was excellent and the activities well run. The pools were great, though it would have been better to have the pirate ship pool heated as the water was really pretty cold despite temperatures in high thirties. As people have mentioned in other reviews, sunbeds were reserved with towels very early and then left vacant for some considerable time. We did see notices being put out on beds by staff to say towels would be removed if no one sitting there in 40 minutes. But there was only one day when we actually saw towels being removed.
Entertainment in the evenings wasn't bad at all, certainly seen a lot worse at 5 star hotels. Waiter service wasn't too good in the evenings, one time I had to ask more than once for drinks.
However, on the whole I would recommend this hotel (and indeed Alcudia itself) for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tan solo 200m de la preciosa playa del Puerto de Alcudia, y en pleno centro de su area comercial y de ocio, el Hotel-Apartamentos Viva Tropic dispone de una situacion que ofrece todas las garantias para la mejor estancia vacacional. Renovado en 2010, sus comodas y completas instalaciones son perfectas para unas vacaciones en familia: habitaciones amplias y elegantes, tres piscinas, una general, otra con juegos de agua y un Barco Pirata y, la mas exclusiva, una piscina chill out con camas balinesas, asi como un area de Spa con piscina cubierta, sauna, bano turco y jacuzzi, y una pista polideportiva. Ademas, el Hotel - Apartamentos Viva Tropic cuenta con el mas completo programa de animacion para todas las edades y las mas deliciosas propuestas gastronomicas en sus restaurantes: buffet, snacks y a la carte. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viva Tropic & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Tropic Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Alcudia
- Alcudia Viva Tropic
- Viva Tropic & Spa Majorca, Spain