Have stayed twice at this hotel, once in October and once in August.
Arrived both times on a Tuesday, which is the busiest day for the hotel. Whilst we have had to wait a little to check-in, reception do have a system in place to ensure any delays are minimised.
Due to its location, we have always stayed on a self-catering basis as there is plenty of restaurants around the port area that are reasonably priced. However, the food in the hotel when we have used the facilities has always been nice.
The hotel itself is very clean, well maintained and they are very mindful that most their guests are families, so the evening entertainment ends at about 2230.
Pools early in the day can be a bit on the cool side early in the day, but warm up quickly. The pirate pool is firm favourite with our young son and you can generally always get a bed or seat. Would like to see the pirate ship modified so to have a non-slip floor covering to help prevent any slips. Would also like to see the stairs leading up to the ship replaced with ramps.
Mini-golf whilst basic, has always been a hit with our son. Have never used the kids club, so can't comment on that aspect.
Rooms are spacious and clean with a good level of facilities. Not many english channels, so might want to pack a DVD player.
The hotel is set slightly back from the main road to the port, so traffic noise is minimal at night. About a 5 minute walk to the beach, 10 minutes to the port and about an hour to Alcudia old town. You can walk to the strip where the Bellvue is located in about 30 minutes, but we prefer the port area. Taxis and buses are reasonably priced.
There are plenty of shops within a 10 minute walk if you are self catering and again they tend to be reasonably priced.
As long as the hotel is maintained and run as it has been in the past, I think guests will continue to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zafiro Tropic is located just 200 m. from the stunning beach of Puerto de Alcudia. Its services, facilities, gastronomy and friendly staff will make you have some unforgettable holidays in Mallorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Zafiro Tropic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Tropic Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Tropic Alcudia
- Alcudia Viva Tropic
- Zafiro Tropic Majorca, Spain