“Excellent operation - lovely horses”
Review of Ranxo Ses Roques

Ranxo Ses Roques
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Here at ranxo ses roques, we are a family run bussiness, we do rides for 1 hour around the bottom of the mountain and 2 hours up the mountain and back down, we have a mini farm and ponies for the youngest of the family, ít is advisable to book first.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We took a 2 hr ride at 6pm and - by luck - was a cool evening which made it even more pleasurable but maybe not such great views from the mountain that you might usually experience.
This place is really well run and well thought out with a small farm area and nice bar for those not riding or for younger members of the family. The horses are well cared for - many of them young - well trained and a pleasure to ride. They cater for all abilities - we got in a coupe of exhilarating gallops whilst our less confident riders continued on the " walking and trotting" route. Because you are heading up and down a mountainside it might be a bit daunting for complete beginners but the horses will take good care of you! Highly recommended -thanks Sally and all your staff.

1  Thank EdwardsInc
There are newer reviews for Ranxo Ses Roques

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice staff and nice horses. We had a 2-hour ride on the mountain, and had a great view, and enjoyed the tour very much.
Only downside was that the groups was a mix of beginners and experienced riders, but the guides made sure that everybody had a nice ride - though my daughter would have prefered a little more "action" (and her mother wouldn't have) :-)
All in all Ranco Ses Roques is very recommendable...

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our 3rd year visiting rancho des roques, the children insist on it and I am not hard to persuade! The horses are a selection of gentle docile animals that know exactly where to put their hoofs and carry you gracefully round the local mountain/forest.

If only some of the party want to go riding, the others can visit the petting zoo or sit in the bar area and enjoy a quiet beer with the owner.

The staff are all experienced riders and make sure all the riders get looked after properly from helmets to horse selection.
Cannot recommend highly enough.

1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My daughter went for a 2 hour ride. She really enjoyed it but I think you have to be quite experienced if doing more than trotting

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked my 10 year old son, who is an experienced, if slightly over confident rider, for an hours hack at the ranch. We were collected from our apartment and driven over in time for him to look around the farm and feed the animals and watch the odd goat giving birth (like you do) before his ride.
It just so happened it was just him on that ride but I did also see a group go out later. The staff were lovely, treating him like a grown up rider while checking with me on the quiet. He rode off with the leader after having his photo taken and I stayed behind for coffee. He arrived back very happy and spent some more time in the farm before we were ferried home.
While he was out I saw a group of adult complete beginners being readied for their hack and the staff were clear and reassuring about what was going to happen on the ride. In addition a group of really little children arrived and had pony rides on lead reins with leaders (obviously).
There were souvenirs on sale which were much better value than the stuff I had seen in beachside shops so everyone at home got a €3 hat!
I found it good value, well run and really good fun and would recommend it for adults and children.

1  Thank Tullulah B