Myself, my partner and our daughter visited this hotel in May 2013. (note I have only recently joined TA and it doesn't let me go back this far hence it saying June 13 below)
It was our second stay in this hotel, we came as a couple on our first holiday abroad before our daughter was born. This was why we chose to stay here again. We had a great time first time around.
The hotel facilities were great. Two outdoor pools (bit cold in May), one indoor pool with gymnasium, sauna and steam rooms plus jacuzzi underneath the hotel.
The hotel itself is situated just a short walk down the main road from the main resort area in Alcudia. Far enough away to be away from the late night noise but close enough to walk up in say 20 minutes. (Depends on how fast you walk I suppose).
If you cross the main road to the right as you come out of the hotel you will see a roundabout and road that will lead down to the beach. I would say the hotel is only about 100 meters away from the beach in total, give or take. the beach itself was lovely. Can imagine though it does get busy in the summertime.
There are a few bars close by which were fun too. There were also plenty of bouncy castles for children and just a bit up the road going away from the main resort are of Alcudia there was a few shops and places to eat and more bars.
The hotel reception area and grounds around the hotel was very clean and well presented.
The room was nice, two single beds, a tv, wardrobes, the usual stuff. We also had a children's cot in our room as our daughter was just under two at the time of this particular stay. Our balcony overlooked the pool just to the side of the main entrance area and had a table and chairs.
There was an entertainment are at the rear of the hotel. We didn't really see much of the entertainment so I can't comment much on this but from what we did see they had some activities for children during the day. They also had night time entertainment but as mentioned, we didn't really see this as we were always out and about.
The dining area was always clean and well presented too. The same staff were there from our previous trip three years earlier which was a good sign to me as they obviously enjoy working there!
The food was great and each night was different. We only went for a week but I remember from our first stay which was 2 weeks, the menu does repeat in the second week. There was always something to eat for breakfast and tea. We didn't have lunch because we only went half board.
All of the staff were very friendly and were great with our daughter.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering a trip to Alcudia. However, if you want to be right in the thick of it, stay a bit further up the road in the main resort area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 150 m away from the beach, surrounded by big gardens. Rooms: Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools with children's splash pool. Swimming lessons. SAP with heated indoor pool. Jacuzzi. Sauna. Turkish bath. Massages. Gym. Tennis courts. Beach volley Table tennis. Miniclub. Nursery. Children's playground. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast buffet. Hot and cold dinner-buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Snack restaurant. Services: Shop. Car, bicycle and motorbike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Priceline so you can book your Grupotel Maritimo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Maritimo Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Grupotel Maritimo Puerto Alcudia
- Maritimo Hotel Alcudia
- Hotel Maritimo Alcudia
- Grupotel Maritimo Majorca, Spain