Overall Alcudia is a pretty little place if you want a holiday to relax either by the pool or the beach. This hotel is about 5 mins across a main road from the beach and about 10min bus ride to the man centre where there is more going on and some little shops, restaurants and marina.
We went as 2 young couples in our 20's and found the food good though after 10 days gets repetitive but no stomach problems etc. There are 2 pools one at front and one at back. The snack bar staff were friendly and yummy chips with free shots after!
The hotel has mainly older guests so being younger felt a little out of place. There was no proper entertainment and were quite envious of hotels nearby which sounded a bit more lively with more going on.
They had bingo one night which wasnt our scene, found some English bars about 5mins away with cheap drinks. Little market with a few stalls.
the best place to go would be in the Alcudia town centre. Lots of places to eat if you need to and drink etc. There is an area where they try getting you into the pubs and clubs but felt a bit uneasy around there.
You HAVE to visit the Crepe man! makes the yummiest crepes ever! and he is crazy!! he is always so busy and dances as he makes your pancakes! we loved him!
The beach areas are clean and the sea gorgeous, though watch out for jelly fish, that was the only down side to the beach.
Our holiday did not work out so well as we booked for 10 nights though 9 of them we had storms and rain :( we had one really lovley day by the sea but that was it. Just unlucky I guess.
The maids cleaned your room and left new towels, pools kept clean but overall just nothing too really do in the hotel or nearby had to catch taxi or bus to town centre where things were going on. The hotel is suited to more mature guests and would not recommend to younger couples/groups etc unless you want to do pretty much nothing.
I think the staff could have been a bit more polite and found one guy very rude on the reception.
One more thing is they have a tiny gym and inside pool and sauna etc which we used a lot due to the nasty weather.
Would not choose to go back to this hotel but would not turn down going back to Alcudia if we got to stay in the town centre.
Any questions just ask
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 150 m away from the beach, surrounded by big gardens. Rooms: Heating/ air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Minibar. Terrace. Sport & Leisure: swimming pools with children's splash pool. Swimming lessons. SAP with heated indoor pool. Jacuzzi. Sauna. Turkish bath. Massages. Gym. Tennis courts. Beach volley Table tennis. Miniclub. Nursery. Children's playground. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Generous breakfast buffet. Hot and cold dinner-buffet. Show cooking. Lounge bar with terrace. Snack restaurant. Services: Shop. Car, bicycle and motorbike rental. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grupotel Maritimo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Maritimo Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Grupotel Maritimo Puerto Alcudia
- Maritimo Hotel Alcudia
- Hotel Maritimo Alcudia
- Grupotel Maritimo Majorca, Spain