“4 star stay”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Ashford, United Kingdom
“4 star stay”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We returned from our 4th stay at JS Sol de Alcudia in August. Everything was immaculate as always and we had a great time. We have always been impressed with the hard working staff who combine efficiency and friendliness to provide a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The bar staff in particular, headed by Rafa and Sebastian are a focal point of the hotel and by their efforts ensure guests become regulars!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 555shirley
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Shirley,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and thank you as well for your fantastic and brilliant feedback.

We are really happy that you had so many lovely things to say about your stay at our hotel. We have many ways of pampering our guests; one is our helpful staff. I will share your comments with the rest of the team, especially with Rafa and Sebastian. They are very passionate about service and the people whom they have the privilege to serve.

We really appreciate the time you take to write your comments. We see it as a fantastic way of growing and reaching our goals.

Please come back soon , we would love to have you all back and get it right for you once again.

Remember you can follow our JS Hotels profile through the main social networks.

Best wishes,
JS Sol de Alcudia Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Just returned from hol in port/alcudia what can I say food very good. Room very good hotel very clean staff are excellent. Ana & Eva were very good. Hotel only 3 stars should be more I read some of the reviews before I went & if I had listened 2 them I would not have stayed there . Glad I took no notice of them my wife and I had excellent holiday . Some people want a 5 star hotel and pay for 3 star. What more can I say. Only one bad comment was the soup was not. Very good but there was plenty of other food 2 eat . I would certainly go again thank u JS sol alcudia. Keith reeves

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Keith R,

Thank you for sharing your very complimentary comments about the JS Sol de Alcudia Hotel on the site.

I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us an It is always very rewarding to read such positive feedback and to know that we made your stay so memorable.

I'm very thrilled with your comment about our hotel category; let me remark that our staff always takes great interest in our guests to ensure that they are having a pleasant stay with us.

I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognized. Also, I will comment your impression about th soup with the person in charge.

I am so happy to know that you consider staying with us when you next visit Majorca; remember you can follow us through the main social media networks (JS Hotels Profile).

Kind regards,
south lanarks
Reviewed 9 September 2013

just returned today from a week half board here. Very clean hotel and rooms cleaned daily although after 3 days with the same towels I had to throw them on the bathroom floor to get them replaced,meals are just as you expect from a place like this ,I lived most of the week on chips and salad as the meat dishes did not look appetising.We had a room at the back which wasnt good as no sun and could be quite noisy at night.All other guests were mostly german ,first time I've went on holiday and never got talking to anyone other than my husband!entertainment didnt start til 10pm and lasted just over an hour but this didnt bother me too much as we are early bedders.I would like to see a drink included with your evening meal as since I've paid for half board I object to having to buy a drink and also there is no coffee after your evening meal,we were given a time of after 8pm to eat which really didnt suit us,we like our dinner at teatime!On the positive side a problem with the tap coming off our shower was sorted within 10 mins of it happening and when the coffee machine delivered black coffee instead of white Miguel noticed us talking about it and immediately went and got us fresh coffee.As we arrived late afternoon we were due our breakfast on the morning of departure ,however our transport was picking us up 20mins before dining room opened,I asked a manager if we would get early breakfast which he assured us we would,what was left out for us was laughable! a few slices of bread ,cold meat two fairy cakes and an orange,needless to say we left it untouched,a bowl of cereal would have sufficed.All in all not too bad a place to stay but I wouldnt return to alcudia,blackpool with sunshine!

Room Tip: pool facing definately,
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christine w
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your recently stay at our hotel.

Our staff takes great interest in our guests to ensure that they are having a pleasant stay with us. I am thrilled that you found your room very clean .I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly recognized, specially to the housekeeping.

Regarding our food quality, I will pass on your comment to the person in charge to study the possible solutions.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to any JS Hotel again in the near future, and remember you can follow us through the main social media networks (JS Hotels Profile).

Yours sincerely,
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Having read previous reviews I was a little worried what I was going to find at this hotel. I was amazed to find that the hotel was very clean and tidy. The staff were great very friendly and helpful. The service they provided was much higher than I would expect from a 3 star hotel. The rooms are quite small but had pretty much everything you will need. The fridge helped to keep my beer and water cold. The Room was cleaned well everyday. The Entertainment on occasions a little cheesy but every night was good fun. Most of the entertainers were very well rehearsed and professional. The hotel is situated close to the beach and main bars and shopping out-lets. The very nice pool had a plentiful supply of sun beds. In my opinion this is a very good hotel that I will be very pleased to visit again soon. Thank you JS Sol for making my holiday such a joy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Tony B.,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us here on Tripadvisor.

We strive to provide an amazingly unique holiday hotel experience, and your remarks about cleanness, staff service and entertainment shows reaffirms that goal.

I will pass on your review to the rest of the team; receiving feedback like yours really motivates us to keep working hard.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and do not forget you can follow us through social networks (JS Hotels profile).

Best Wishes,

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have just returned from our stay at this hotel stayed half board a family of six 2 children and 4 adults (two rooms).
The positive points are;

Firstly the staff are very helpful and friendly both at night and during the daytime; the rooms are cleaned everyday from beds made up to dusting and hoovering; their is a safe in each room (rental extra) and a fridge (small but adequate); the breakfast is mainly continental with fresh fruit in the morning; tables are cleaned quickly and their is no waiting time; their is evening entertainment on site every day in the 12 to 12 lounge / bar.

The negative points are; first and for most the rooms are very small with a double and a single bed in a room barley enough space to walk round; no kettle in room (available for rent 8 euros); WIFI is available but at cost 15 euros for a week; lack of extra duvets in each rooms meant that we were cold in the early hours of the morning and the air conditioning is just too loud. We were luck though, had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the poolside and the entertainment area, which meant we did not have to go to the 12 to 12 lounge and by drinks just to see the entertainment and could enjoy them from our balcony; however the the rooms overlooking the disco (on the main road side ) is said to be loud and rather noisy;

Secondly we were let down by the choice and variety of food available on the menu during our stay, and found the menu rather catered for eastern European tourists then westerners, especially if you are a vegetarian as their is nothing but chips and salad, everyday morning and evening; also very surprised that considering we went half board we still had to pay for drinks during our evening meal even if it was for water or juice never came across that before. Oh one more thing please note you are not allowed to drink your own drinks by the pool side have to by them from the bar including water.

Thirdly, the lack of good entertainment was a let down as like the food menu we found the entertainment catered for eastern European people only, with no games or public involvement at all. the one night they had the flamenco performance was good and a recommend to see but the other nights was sub standard with singers and nothing else, pretty boring.......

Fourth, we were checked out of the hotel by midday on our day of departure, know our transfer taxi was coming at 10pm in the evening, which meant we had a whole day to spend, after asking to extend our room for a half a day we were told that this would not be possible even thought the hotel was not full, this meant we were homeless for the whole of the day with out place to freshen up. Yes they did give a shower room down stairs behind the reception counter but that is it no proper room to freshen up before your flight home. Also if like us your transfer taxi is late in the day bear in mind you will have to sort our evening meal else where as once you vacate the room, you can not go back for supper of tea or anything else.

To sum up, i don't think we will be going to this hotel in the near future, it did not live up to our expectations especially when traveling with children under 5, it may be that we expected rather more for our money then what we got, but in the past alternate hotels have given much much more in return in comparison. Next time we will be going all inclusive and a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool side and on the 4th floor tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest y07k,

First of all we would like to express our gratitude for your visit at our JS Sol de Alcudia hotel and for dedicating your time to publish this review.

I am delighted that you were able to benefit from the hotel’s brilliant staff service and that you found the accommodation very clean. Our team is very passionate about service and the people whom they have the privilege to serve.

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet part of your expectations; I have already passed your comments to the person in charge in order to revise the procedures related to your negative points.

We are glad to learn from your experience and we will take your vision into account to achieve maximum adaption to our guests needs.

We hope that your stay in Mallorca was a pleasant one and to may take the opportunity to serve you again in one of our ten hotels of the island.

Kind Regards.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Just back from staying at this hotel for 10 days. Rooms small but very comfortable, Very very clean. Beautiful Hotel, Food was very good, staff so friendly and helpful, Everything about hotel was great, Good location, very short walk to beach. Cannot fault this hotel, It was excellent. would stay again. Anyone who faults this hotel must be very very fussy, cannot fault it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MichCrutch
Dear MichCruch,

What a fantastic 5 stars praise!

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely feedback about our team and our hotel.

It is always wonderful to hear acknowledgment of the team and the art of service that they so enjoy.

Knowing that you have had a most enjoyable stay and also that you recommend us is a perfect reward for a job well done.

We look forward to having you back as our guest soon, and remember you can also follow our profile “JS Hotels” through the main social media networks.

Best wishes,
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Lovely reception area and clean. Rooms basic but clean. However, maids kept moving all our things when cleaning, dresses had been taken out the wardrobe and left on the desk and straighteners unplugged and put back in my bags. Also, they took the baby's bottle. Food was repetitive and boring. Not much choice and not very nice. Restaurant staff were friendly though. We went to the 12 to 12 restaurant one dinner time which was very disappointing. We both received burgers that still had blood running from it. I explained to the waiter who just said its because it is a big burger. Sorry but that is not good enough as we would have been very ill if we had eaten these. They cooked them again for us but still brought over in same bloodied bun. Very off putting and never eaten it. Still charged and waited 30 minutes at the bar to do so. Guests were very ignorant and rude. Did not understand the meaning of queueing for anything e.g. the lift or food. Left towels on sunbeds all day and never used most of the time. The outside spa area was lovely and a good sun trap for those sun worshippers. The jacuzzi and showers were nice and sunbeds very comfortable. Could have done with a shallow pool area for little ones or those who like to just have a splash around.

• Stayed July 2013
John C, Gerente at Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear amym199012,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed so many services of our hotel, such the SPA area.
Also, I am thrilled with your positive feedback about our reception and clanness staff.
Our team’s passion shines through in their service delivery, and it is purely through their hard work and efforts that we always receive fantastic comments. I will share your kind comments with them.

We are sorry to hear that apparently we failed to meet your expectations related to the dresses token out the wardrobe and left on the desk; your impression with the food service also concerns us. I have already passed your comments to the person in charge in order to revise the procedures and guarantee a splendid service from each and every staff member as we understand that this is a prime factor to achieve maximum client satisfaction.

We hope that your stay in Majorca was a pleasant one and to may take the opportunity to serve you again in one of our ten hotels in Majorca.

Kind Regards,