Me and my boyfriend stayed at the portd'alcudia hotel for two weeks on the 19th September. We flew with Thoas Cook, and the rep was a total div, didn't put the times when we was expected to get the coach on returning, didnt tell us about the area and just wanted to sell as much trips as she could.
I was quite worried about what to expect on this holiday as I read some bad reviews.But I will give you the real details of what to expect in this review.
When arriving I thought we stopped of in some dirty run downshack town, with this lovely hotel "plonked" in the middle. We was greeted with a lovely reception man who checked us in with ease and showed us where to go details ect. The lobby is beautiful, its all marbled thoughout, but be careful as it is very slippery even when you are dry.
The halls leading to our room was all carpeted and added that little extra class. The room was ok for a 3* hotel. There was two single beds that was pushed together, and not very comfortable, we had to ask for extra pillows, another 8 in fact as they was so thin. The rooms have air con which was nice, but it rainned the majority of the time we was there, so we didn't use it much. Bathroom was lovely just what you need and the kitchenett was ok, very basic. BEWARE if you have the room that is not facing the pool but the most horrid view of run down bars and a superstore, most nights the two remaining bars that are open like to have a compition with who could play the loudest music till 6 in the morning. Very annoying to say the least. When I asked if we could change rooms the lady at the desk (you will know her as soon as you see her, stuck up and seems to have a chip on her should alllll the time) she simply said NO as these was for the ALL INCLUSIVE guests, so we was stuck there. The rooms are cleaned everyday except from Sunday and Thusday. They whole hotel is very clean.
The pool is beautiful, when we did get to use it. The pool bar can be very expensive, and we never had troubles getting a bed. There is a majority of German, Norwgian and Swedish guests at this hotel, and they all seem to have the all inclusive package. as from 1pm the whole pool goes dead as it was their lunchtime, and the only people round or in the pool was myself and my partner and a english family of 4.
The animation team are really good, they are mainly there for the other guests but wanted to make sure everyone was involved. Really great with children.
The hotel also has a indoor pool with Jacuzzi, sauna and gym, really good when the weather is bad.
Now onto the location. I couldn't belive my eyes when we looked around on our first day. There was no bars or resturants on the beach just run down villas, with really noisy dogs. There was this dark green smelly river that went straight into the sea and made me feel ill when we carried on walking past to see the local through all sorts in it. The whole place is surrounded by the green pond like things that nearly everyone we talked to said they can't wait till they go home to get away from the smell. And with the stench came the mozzys, take plenty of spray as it is very expensive out there. Becareful if you have babies or small chrildren the floors are falling apart with tiles piled up and curbs crumbling. Also walking to the main area it is on a busy road and the spainish don't slow down so keep an eye on the little ones.
We did finally find some bars and resturants but they are all down back allys and small roads. We had some really lovely food, and would recommend olas amazing steak. If you want really good deals for drinks make sure you check out the oxygen bar, its but and owned by a couple from England and they do great cocktails at 2.75euros.
All in all it was a ok holiday, but we will not be returning.The hotel was great but it's such a shame about its location. Some people might think differently.
Please ask if there is anything else you would like to know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 300 m away from the large and beautiful Alcudia beach. Apartements & Studios: Living room with two couches. Small kitchen. Bathroom. Heating /air-conditioning. Sat-TV. Terrace. Apartments: additional double bedroom.Sport & Leisure: Large swimming pool, separated children´s pool. Tennis court and multi-purpose court. Table tennis. Billiard table. Miniclub. Children´s playground. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Lounge bar with terrace. Snack restaurant. Pool bar. Services: Confirmation of flights. Medical service. Foreign exchange. Car rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Grupotel Port d'Alcudia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Port d`Alcudia Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Grupotel Port d Alcudia Puerto
- Grupotel Port D'Alcudia Majorca, Spain