“great apartments”

Apartamentos Siesta I
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“great apartments”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

first of all my family and I,(9 of us) in 3 different rooms on the same floor 2 overlooking the pool, 7th floor, was a request I made by e-mail a week before we travelled.I received an email from the lovely Elaine saying she would do her best, so a big thankyou Elaine.
this is my 3rd time in alcudia, but 1st time at siesta, I have stayed at the condessa da la Bahia, I must say the siesta, staff and its grounds, pool included certainly would win my vote. everyone we found most helpful,we stayed selfcatering, ate a few time in the red lion, food is good and reasonably priced. Siesta 1 is also in a great location,takes about 10- 15 minutes to walk to the beach(had a 3year old)

Room Tip: high floor,both sides have good views
2 Thank tracey32014
ApartamentosSiestaI, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Siesta I, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Hello

Thank you for your kind comments. We do try and ensure everyone has a great holiday here in Siesta 1 and we are glad you enjoyed yours.

We hope to see you all again soon in Siesta 1

Amanda Gonzalez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Crewe, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We have just returned on sunday from siesta 1 after a 2 week stay in a private apartment. We have been coming to the Siesta apartments for 6 years and have always found all the staff lovely and friendly. The staff at the Red Lion Restaurant are also very friendly most of them have been there for years .I was very upset to read a previous comment about the pool being unclean I sat every morning on my balcony watching the man clean it for at least 2 hours as he has done every time we have been. I would recommend Siesta 1 to anyone and always tell my friends to go there

1 Thank Helen736
Hello

Thank you for your kind comments, I did explain the pool is cleaned every day so we cannot understand why someone would complain it is dirty.

We are glad you enjoyed your holidays in Siesta 1

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed in the Siesta I from 17th Aug to 24th Aug. We had booked self catering.

First things first, the rooms. Initially the rooms didn't seem much to me, we had a family of 4 and it was a tight squeeze. There were two single beds that had very thin sheets like curtains and I found it difficult to get to sleep when I arrived, but I soon got used to these beds. There's also a sofa with a pull out bed, this was very uncomfortable and the family had to rotate every day when sleeping in it, as it was on wheels and seemed to roll around. Fortunately, things do get better. The room has FREE air conditioning! I repeat FREE! No need to spend $30-70 on it, and it's very easy to use with the remote. The room also has a fan, although this is very noisy so leave it on when you're out if you want to come back to the room nice and cool.

The room has basic facilities expected of a 3 star hotel, the bathroom was clean, although we didn't have enough towels after a shower because the maids didn't change them often enough, meaning we had to reuse dirty towels. I found the shower head to be quite dodgy and this meant I had to shower myself with it. Bathroom has a hairdryer which is always useful. Kitchen is suitably equipped with a stove, pots and pans as well as plates. The room has a free TV but the majority of the channels are in Spanish, it was very rare to find an English show to watch and the shows are full of ads. The balcony is suitable, although it was noted that the neighboring balconies are quite close to each other so take extra precautions. Our room on the 6th floor faced the front of the apartment, with a stunning view of the area, mountains and horses! There's also pool view rooms which seemed to be bigger than ours. If you're someone who doesn't like crawling up a lot of stairs to get home or hates lifts, this place isn't for you! It's a tiring walk up to the higher floors, the lifts are very tightly packed and one of the lifts had even broken down when we were there.

Next, the pool. The pool is extremely large, which I'm sure why a lot of people were enticed by this hotel. However, the pool is dirty and I spotted a few dead dragonflies and leaves floating around, which is a shame. There's also an additional small pool for the kids. To get sunbeds at the pool, all hotel guests rush to put towels out at 8am when the pool area opens, the pool is only accessible from 10am, as it is being cleaned for a couple of hours.

Next, the staff. The hotel staff are absolutely lovely! The Spanish staff are calm and helpful, and ready to help you no matter what the issue. There's also a few entertainers who can take your kids off you for the day and these are excellent at keeping kids occupied. Every night there is a kids disco at 8:15 pm where the entertainers dance through a series of songs and competitions. The hotel's entertainment for children is OUTSTANDING, with games, karaoke, and even bingo for the adults. The only part of the entertainment we were disappointed about was the hypnotist.

Finally, the location. The hotel is ideally situated right next to the resort. The hotel has a SPAR shop inside it, where you can buy drinks and food cheaper than at the hotel itself. There are so many places to eat in the resort, including traditional British pubs with bingo games, as well as a Burger King literally 1 minute away, as well as pizzerias, and chinese among many others. There's also a place where you can buy crepes and watch the guy making them right in front of you! There's also tribute acts every day just down the road such as Lady Gaga and Abba, although the quality of these acts was variable - Gaga was awful. The beach is a 10 minute walk away and is worth the trip as it is beautiful, although it is very difficult to find a sunbed.

Overall, this place is OUTSTANDING for families with younger children, with children's entertainment delivered by diligent entertainers every day and night, a children's pool as well as a children's mini water park with a tipping bucket. It's also situated in a great place, and easy to get around due to the train ride available, tickets for which has to be purchased.

GO AND BOOK NOW!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are larger, but the view from the smaller rooms is amazing! It's your choice.
1 Thank Anna B
Hello

Thank you for your comments.

If you had come to reception about the beds we could have changed them for you, the same applies to the sofa-bed. Towels are changed 5 times weekly. Again if you were short of towels you could have come to reception to ask for more.

All the studio apartments are the same size whatever part of the building they are on, we have 3 lifts and if one happens to break down it is repaired straight away. If you were not happy on a higher floor we could have arranged to move you to a lower floor.

Regarding the pool, as you can imagine on a windy day leaves and insects are bound to land on the surface of the pool, these are taken away as soon as possible. The pool is open from 9am in the morning until 9pm

Despite everything we are glad you enjoyed your holidays and look foward to seeing you again in Siesta 1.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel was very nice would go again if it wasn't for the pool. Me and 8 of my family members stayed at siesta 1 and had a great time, in the pool a lot throughout the day until 2 days before we went home 5 of them including my 5 year old daughter complain of an ear ache, and a few other residents. When coming home and visiting a doctor was all told that they all had severe ear infections and were all given ear drops and antibiotics due to the pools unclean water. That was the only complaint I had.

• Stayed August 2014
Hello

In response to your comments about the pool being dirty, this is not true, the ear infections are caused by a person being continually in the water, water goes into the ear canal and because there is too much water it cannot get out, it then becomes infected and this is what causes the ear infection, any good doctor will tell you this. The pool has to meet EU standards and is cleaned daily and products are continually going into the pool to keep it clean.

Newcstle
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked a self catering studio at the Siesta1 for 1 week with my daughter and 2 grandsons. The hotel is in a quieter area of the resort but with easy access to the fantastic beach and the many bars and shops in the area. For those not keen on walking there is a mini train which runs to the beach and marina from the Bellevue reception next door to the Siesta (3 Euros - 1.20Euros for kids) and a ferry boat across the lake to the beach also from the Bellevue (3 Euros return same for kids).

As always I emailed the hotel a couple of weeks before arrival requesting a high floor pool view studio together with a baby cot. On arrival was given a pool view room on the 6th floor and a cot was already in the room ready for use (my thanks to Elaine who processed my request).

For a studio the room was quite spacious and was in reasonable state of decoration, it had a controllable air con unit which kept the room around 20c even though it was 36c outside. The pool, lake, mountain views from the balcony were fantastic however there were only 2 patio seats for 4 people (same as other apartments). It had a segregated lounge/diner with bed settee (this was pretty old and uncomfortable to sleep on, it was also the only seating for 4 people), coffee table, dining table with 4 chairs and LCD TV with all the main English channels. The bedroom area was segregated by a partition and had 2 single beds with the most amazing 9" memory foam mattresses and a bedside cabinet. The kitchen was a galley type in a cupboard opposite the beds, it had all that was required for basic cooking with the bonus of a kettle and washing up sponge, liquid and a tea towel!. The bathroom had bath, shower, toilet and bidet, there were no complementary toiletries but it did have a hair dryer. Opposite the bathroom was the only wardrobe in the studio unfortunately this was woefully inadequate for 4 people, it had a hanging rail and 4 small drawers. It did have a large shelf though which allowed us to insert one of the suitcases and live out of that for the week.

The pool was a reasonable size and was well maintained, unfortunately you had to join the 8am rush if you wanted to reserve a sunbed, we tended to go around 5pm when it was almost deserted! The children's splash pool was great and the grandchildren went in it every day. It is segregated from the main pool so it was never really busy.

I was self catering so didn't use the restaurant, I had a quick look in and it seemed small and had a very limited menu. We did try the Red Lion attached to the hotel once, I wasn't impressed tatty furniture, poor quality food and awful service.

Maid service was good, our cleaner came 5 days during the week, she changed the towels on each visit and changed the bedlinen once during the seven days.

Entertainment was the usual animation team antics during the day and mini disco, bingo and third rate acts most nights (held in the Red Lion). The kids preferred the mini disco at the Bellevue show garden and the small fairground next door so we went there most nights.

Overall the Siesta1 provides good accommodation, great location and excellent value for money. I will certainly be returning to the Siesta apartments again.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor facing the pool
5 Thank John-Watt
ApartamentosSiestaI, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Siesta I, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Hello

Thank you for all your helpful comments.

We are happy you were allocated a room you requested, however, we are sorry to hear about the sofa-bed, if you had have reported this to the reception we would have changed it for you.

We have taken on board all your other comments.

We hope to see you again in Siesta 1

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 11 nights from July 27th. Rooms were small we had two single beds and the sofa beds separated by a divider. Bathroom only had a shower and no bath they looked like they had been newly modernized . We were on the third floor facing the main road this was ok it was not a very noisy road. We went self catering so didn't eat in the hotel we did look at the menu but it never had much choice. We used to go to pool but never got a sunbed in the eleven days we were there. I refuse to get up early for one like our neighbours were doing every morning their alarm clock woke us most mornings . We would just sunbathe on the grassed area and if there were sunbeds with towels on them all day near us which were not being used I would take the towels off and let my children lie on them. The beach was lovely and clean and the water was shallow for a long way out, great for kids . The town was very touristy not very Spanish I.e a lot of English bars and Restaurants. Nice resort overall.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank CHanle
Hello

Thank you for your comments.

If you had asked the lifeguard he would have found some sunbeds for you.

The Red Lion restaurant has an extensive and varied menu offering meals and snacks all day.

Alcudia is a very pretty old town and still retains its character and has the Mallorcan feel with lots of traditional restaurants and shops

We hope to see you again in Siesta 1

Brighton
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Staff lovely, but the Manager had the worst attitude we have ever seen. She was incredibly unhelpful and actually very rude. I have never been one for writing bad reviews, but I feel I should give others an honest account. PS our room already has guests - cockroaches!! Nice in the room your kids are eating breakfast in.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Rjm1234567
Hello

We are sorry you found the management to be rude but as you have not said for what reason we cannot answer your queries.

If you had reported you had cockroaches in your room we could have sent the cleaners to the room to deal with the matter, as you can appreciate you are in a hot country and occasionally we do find these insects in the block.