We have just returned from a 7 night stay at this fabulous all inclusive hotel (June '14, party of 4 adults, 1 two year old and one 8 month old baby). On arrival we had a easy checking in process and was given a glass of fresh orange juice whilst we booked in. We booked x2 sea view rooms and on booking with our agent asked for rooms next to each other. We were allocated rooms on the 6th floor in block 1 ( same as reception) and were over looking the main pool area and beach. There was only 1 room between our rooms and were happy that our request had been met to a point as we understand that requests can not always be guaranteed. The view from the balcony was stunning. well worth the money. The rooms were clean and tidy and well equipped. No kettle though so take your own like we did. ladies there was a hair dryer too so you wont need to take one. The rooms were also cleaned daily, much to our surprise.
There were 2 lifts in this block. These can maybe get busy in peak times but we waited only a couple of minutes and didn't find this a issue. For those not travelling with young children and prams use the stairs, it will keep you fit and free the lifts up for those that need to use them.
we arrived in the afternoon on 7th June and like any all inclusive holiday it takes a while to get used to it and find out how things work. We soon got to grips and relaxed into the easy was of life.
There is 1 main buffet restaurant and 1 beach side restaurant / bar. Breakfast and evening meals are in the main restaurant whilst lunch can be taken in the beach restaurant or main restaurant. The food can only be described as excellent. The choice is extensive and there is always plenty. Nothing is ever left empty. It is filled up as soon as it is getting low. Breakfast ranges from the full English to cold meats, fresh fruits, nuts yoghurts, cereals, lots of bread varieties, jams and spreads. Lunch and evening meals have a fabulous choice too. You could not go hungry or struggle to find something you liked. My mum who travelled with us has a gluten and wheat allergy and finding something to eat which is suitable can be a struggle even in the UK. The hotel staff were fantastic. Mum was shown which foods she could eat every meal time by the matradee. Things were even made up for her if requested. She couldn't have asked for more. The meat dishes in sauces could also be eaten by my mum. The meats served by the hotel were delicious. This can sometimes be a worry wondering if they are going to be cooked right. They were cooked beautifully and not a pink bit in sight.
If you wanted to eat outside by the pool for breakfast or in the evenings we found you had to be ready and sat down at your chosen table a little bit before the restaurant opened. We did this most evenings. If you are happy to sit inside the air-conditioned restaurant then turn up at anytime.
The pool area was lovely. lots of sun beds and parasols. It was unfortunately the same old tail of having to be an early bird to get the best or even any sun bed. This was not a problem for me as I was up early with the little ones. I had my towels on beds by 07.30. If you snooze you do loose. The beach was only 45 seconds from the pool so you could always go there. It was breath taking. The clear waters and white sandy beach made this an ideal beach for young families. You could hire sunbeds and a parasol for only 9 euros a day which I thought was a bargain. Im sure I have paid more over the years. Because the beach was so close to the hotel and beach bar the all inclusive was still used to the full. We had to make a few trips up and down to get drinks so we'll pack a plastic tray next time.
The entertainment staff were very hard working. They kept the kids entertained if you wanted and even had a prize giving during the evening kids entertainment. Stella the banana is a good gimmick for the kids and the catchy tune they sing is still on my mind now. The adults evening entertainment is good. If your expecting broadway shows then your on the wrong holiday. The entertainment team do a very good job and it is well worth watching.
The range of alcoholic drinks is excellent. They have a menu with cocktails, spirits, larger, and many more. We enjoyed the cocktails and plenty were drunk. The glass of baileys went down a treat too.
The location of the hotel was brilliant. only 5 minutes walk to the bust shops bars and restaurants of alcudia and only 15 minute walk to the harbour where there are more bars, shops and restaurants. You can catch a little train outside the hotel for 3 euro each and . get see whats about first and get your baring's.
This holiday gets a 10 out of 10 and could not be faulted in any way. It was my parents first time to Majorca and first time on an all inclusive holiday and the Iberostar Ciudada Blanca did not disappoint. We are even booking to go back again next year. Getting excited already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca hotel is a comprehensive hotel, and the all inclusive option is highly recommended for those who fancy experiencing an entertaining family holiday. Everyone will have their own space in its studios and apartments, as well as privacy and services that will make your stay a very comfortable one. Located on the seafront, the Ciudad Blanca hotel combines the beauty of the Bahia de Alcudia with gorgeous beaches and surroundings. These include the services and facilities of a family hotel: outdoor pools for adults and children, children's playground, accommodation for pets, free Wi-Fi, SPA Sensations, all inclusive, Miniclub, Maxiclub, Teenieclub, Jacuzzi, professional shows, water sports, 15,000 m² of gardens, three restaurants, two bars and a spectacular Sea Soul & Beach Club to spend days and nights in the most incredible and relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Iberostar, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Ciudad Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ciudad Blanca Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Ciudad Blanca
- Iberostar Ciudad Blanca Majorca, Spain