We stayed for 1 week from 21st June 2014. The hotel's location is fantastic - everything you need surrounds the hotel! It is on the beach and it was wonderful to walk from the pool, past the beach bar, grabbing a quick drink on route to the beach and then going for a swim and snorkel in the sea. The palm trees everywhere, the white sand beach - along with the freedom of all inclusive and not having to lift 1 finger all week or think about where or what to eat was so liberating! It was just what I needed.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming, and extremely hard working. Beds are made daily and floors / bathrooms cleaned.
We had a 1 bed apartment which was very spacious and had everything we needed - air con is always a must have for me! No kettle, but you can take hot drinks up to your apartment from any of the bars or restaurant - we did this frequently when popping back to get changed and at the end of the night.
The beds are on the firm side! I put a blanket under the sheet to soften it a bit, however, I still managed a good nights sleep. The décor is a little dated, but as we did not spend too much time in the apartment I didn't mind.
The evening entertainment was very good - kids songs for the first hour or so and then the main entertainment, such as Magic show / Abba show / 90's night - suitable for the whole family. We did not use the kids club during the day time so I cannot comment on that.
There is also a play area, small arcade area and children's pool with small waterslides (this pool is on the chilly side however). The main pool is heated and has a gradual slope so that you can walk into it safely, there is also an island in the middle (or "the roundabout" as my son referred to it!) and a small shallow separate circular pool for children right next to the main pool. Then there is a further adults pool away from the others which is too deep for children to stand in.
Sun loungers very comfortable and we had no problem finding 3 together even on days when we didn't put our towels out.
The food and drink - my favourite part! Amazing - plenty of choice, even for fussy eaters (You will find pizza, chips and pasta at every Lunch and Dinner) - but there is so much more! The Paella was sooo good, as was all the meat, cooked to perfection. Lot's of vegetable side dishes which taste so much nicer than usual. The desserts are heaven, especially the chocolate fountain night, with fruit kebabs, marshmallows and profiteroles. Cocktails, spirits, beer all included on all inclusive - fantastic value - I would highly recommend!
We didn't book any excursions but visited Alcudia town and the port a few times where there are more shops and rides, bouncy castles and markets - we used the "Ting Ting" which is a road train which stops just outside the hotel and takes you around the resort and also taxi's which are a bit cheaper.
My son wanted us to stay for a month rather than a week, and he is not shy about saying if he is not happy! We all had a wonderful 1st family holiday abroad - I would stay here again if I came back. We are not the type to go to the same place twice however - there's a big world out there to explore after all.
Book it - you won't regret it :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca Hotel is a 4-star self-catering family hotel in Alcudia, nestled into the bay on the fantasy island of Majorca. With an All-Inclusive option, this family-focused hotel is close to Puerto de Alcudia and located directly on the beach. IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca features comfortable and equipped apartment and studio accommodations as well as full dining and leisure options to make the most of your Majorcan holiday. Magnificent scenery: The IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca Hotel affords magnificent views of the Alcudia bay, endless white sand beaches and shallow waters where children and adults alike can have fun (umbrellas and deck chairs available charge applies). Bicycles are also available for rent for you to tackle the island's many trails, rich in natural beauty. A Family-Oriented Hotel in Alcudia. The IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca Hotel is focused on families with children. Therefore, its guestrooms and services strive to meet the needs of travelling families. Don’t miss the new recreational water area, where little guests will have unlimited fun. Specially designed for children, it features a wealth of attractions: pool slides (one for babies), swim jets and a chill-out lounge for adults to enjoy themselves as well while keeping an eye on kids. A professional team of instructors plans daily activities for children and teenagers. Fun without borders. At the IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca hotel you will have fun with a wide array of activities. Water sports, adventure sports, shows and performances --a world of fun is waiting for you. Quality Dining. Guests will surely eat up the vast culinary offerings at the IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca Hotel, Mallorca's magnificent apartment hotel. Its three restaurants and two bars, located on the beach, in the hall and on the terrace, will be a true delight for guests searching for quality local and international cuisine. Premium Wi-Fi. The hotel offers exclusive free premium Wi-Fi in all its facilities. A fine connection – 3.5Mb in up to six devices – to use during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Iberostar, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Ciudad Blanca Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Iberostar Puerto Alcudia
- Iberostar Hotel Ciudad Blanca
- IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca Majorca, Spain