“Totally relaxing family holiday - recommend!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca

Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
UK
“Totally relaxing family holiday - recommend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed for 1 week from 21st June 2014. The hotel's location is fantastic - everything you need surrounds the hotel! It is on the beach and it was wonderful to walk from the pool, past the beach bar, grabbing a quick drink on route to the beach and then going for a swim and snorkel in the sea. The palm trees everywhere, the white sand beach - along with the freedom of all inclusive and not having to lift 1 finger all week or think about where or what to eat was so liberating! It was just what I needed.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming, and extremely hard working. Beds are made daily and floors / bathrooms cleaned.
We had a 1 bed apartment which was very spacious and had everything we needed - air con is always a must have for me! No kettle, but you can take hot drinks up to your apartment from any of the bars or restaurant - we did this frequently when popping back to get changed and at the end of the night.
The beds are on the firm side! I put a blanket under the sheet to soften it a bit, however, I still managed a good nights sleep. The décor is a little dated, but as we did not spend too much time in the apartment I didn't mind.
The evening entertainment was very good - kids songs for the first hour or so and then the main entertainment, such as Magic show / Abba show / 90's night - suitable for the whole family. We did not use the kids club during the day time so I cannot comment on that.
There is also a play area, small arcade area and children's pool with small waterslides (this pool is on the chilly side however). The main pool is heated and has a gradual slope so that you can walk into it safely, there is also an island in the middle (or "the roundabout" as my son referred to it!) and a small shallow separate circular pool for children right next to the main pool. Then there is a further adults pool away from the others which is too deep for children to stand in.
Sun loungers very comfortable and we had no problem finding 3 together even on days when we didn't put our towels out.
The food and drink - my favourite part! Amazing - plenty of choice, even for fussy eaters (You will find pizza, chips and pasta at every Lunch and Dinner) - but there is so much more! The Paella was sooo good, as was all the meat, cooked to perfection. Lot's of vegetable side dishes which taste so much nicer than usual. The desserts are heaven, especially the chocolate fountain night, with fruit kebabs, marshmallows and profiteroles. Cocktails, spirits, beer all included on all inclusive - fantastic value - I would highly recommend!
We didn't book any excursions but visited Alcudia town and the port a few times where there are more shops and rides, bouncy castles and markets - we used the "Ting Ting" which is a road train which stops just outside the hotel and takes you around the resort and also taxi's which are a bit cheaper.
My son wanted us to stay for a month rather than a week, and he is not shy about saying if he is not happy! We all had a wonderful 1st family holiday abroad - I would stay here again if I came back. We are not the type to go to the same place twice however - there's a big world out there to explore after all.
Book it - you won't regret it :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in block 2 on the 3rd floor - this block is right by the evening entertainment which finis...
3 Thank Snorkel-Seeker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bahía De Aludia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

just returned from a week at this fabulous hotel i went with my husband daughter son in law and grandchildren aged 2 and 10.the hotel is kept to a very high standard and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. the hotel grounds are kept to a very high standard and the maintenance team are always working hard to ensure this. the staff were all very friendly and helpful and the animation team were excellent and kept ourselves busy with various activities i especially enjoyed the aqua fit in the pool everyday great fun. the food is a very high standard with plenty of choice at every meal time.i would recommend this hotel to anybody and will be looking at returning again in the near future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar.com

2 Thank Susan Janet C
Stockton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked this hotel from the 28th of May for 10 nights.

Before I booked I emailed and telephoned the hotel to ensure that we we could have a sea view room, I was told that this would not be problem and I could book a refurbished room with sea view. On both email and telephone I spoke a guy called Alberto, he assured me this wouldn’t be a problem.

I had to pay to an extra 300 Euros for a room with sea view but it was not refurbished, the hotel did not have refurbished room for 3 days. This was a very disappointing start to our holiday.

When I spoke to Alberto on the phone I was told All Inclusive was really All Inclusive and I could eat at any restaurant and have any drink. When we arrived at the hotel I found that only one restaurant was open on an evening and we had to pay €2.50 for cocktails, I was not very happy with this. The cocktail I wanted was only a Mojito - rum, ice, mint, soda, brown sugar. Quite disappointing but nevertheless I was on holiday and I do like Mojitos so I paid it.

The air conditioning in our room did not work, I contracted reception 4 times but throughout our holiday it never worked, on the final day I was told that it was centrally controller and not turned on!. Because our room was so hot on an evening we left the balcony door open, because of this we all received many mosquito bites.

The hotel details the swimming pool as heated, however the pool was not heated, the sea was much warmer, on most days the pool was too cold for my children until about 4pm when it had warmed up from the sun...I guess in a way it was heated then.

The hotel has serious problems with the lack of sun loungers and people reserving them, for 3 days in the afternoon we had sit either on chairs or on the grass, this was disappointing as most loungers were free but reserved by other guests. The hotel although saying loungers should not be reserved did nothing about people reserving them.

On the last days of my holiday I had really, really bad food poising, as we were all inclusive we only ate and drank in the hotel hence the illness must have come from the hotel food and drink.

On a positive note the entertainment was quite good and the animation team that led the kids, sports activities and games were great, specially Bryan from Columbia; really funny nice guy.

In summary not all Inclusive, you have to pay for safe, WIFI, Cocktails, and a deposit for the towels, after staying at an Iberostar last year I think this is their version of All Inclusive.

On our last night the hotel had a cocktail party to celebrate the beginning of their summer season which would have been OK but they opened up the entire hotel to non guests, it was packed, they were dragging in people in from the road and the beach and making as much money as they could. The in their caring wisdom had band about 4 meters from guest rooms, some guest were furious, have a look at my photos!

Whilst we were at the hotel a few guest had their bags stolen from around the pool area so if you do go watch your belongings.

Room Tip: There is a dodgy old block at the right hand side of the hotel, you don't want to be in this.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank REDJT
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you reaching out to us through Tripadvisor to notify us of your concerns related to your recent stay at our IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca hotel and apologize if you experienced any inconsistency in our service; It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

We sincerely regret reading that you were sick during your stay and lament not being informed immediately as we would have been able to assist you and to eventually call a doctor for a checkup; however we would like to reassure you on our procedures and point out that our hotel, like every other hotel of our company, undergoes regular internal and external controls on food safety and is HACCP certified on food safety; under no circumstances we would put our guests’ health at risk by offering food in bad conditions; our hotel was fully booked and no other guest have reported any issue during your stay, this is why we can exclude that your illness was due to the food or drinks you had at our restaurants and bars.

Moreover we lament your disappointment on the allocation of your room; however, as explained by our receptionist on the phone prior to your arrival, sea view rooms are subject to extra charge and although we do our best to satisfy all our guests requests, we initially allocate our rooms in accordance with the room type selected at the time of booking, offering the possibility to upgrade when checking in depending on our availability; we encourage you for future occasions to book the room type that best meets your holiday needs and wishes directly in order to avoid disappointments.

As you will see on our website and brochure a full description of our All Inclusive basis is duly reported, some premium liquors are reported to be on extra charge although at 50% of the normal price, as well as the safety box in the rooms and WI FI connections; however we would like to clarify that no heated pools are advertised on our website nor our brochure.

On the other hand, we are very grateful for your nice comments towards our animation staff, their enthusiasm is contagious and they strive to offer a wide variety of leisure and sport activities throughout the day as well as entertaining evening shows to make our guests' stay a memorable one.

Hopefully we will be able to fulfill your expectations in the near future, and remain at your entire disposal for any request you might have regarding coming vacations. Our main commitment is to offer the best vacation to our guests, based on the service provided by professionals and the delivery of high quality products; therefore we are always willing to guide you in our call center or through our webpage to make sure that you book an IBEROSTAR hotel that can make all your wishes come true.

Kindest Regards,
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have just returned from 10 days here, with 3 children and 2 adults. It is hard to say anything bad about this hotel, and I totally agree with the other reviews that the food is amazing (and I am very fussy), the location couldn't be better, the staff work exceptionally hard and everyone is always smiley and friendly especially to the children. I was amazed at the energy of the entertainment team, when do they sleep?! Hotel is spotless, constantly being cleaned. My daughter walked through reception with wet feet to get to the loos and within minutes someone had appeared to mop up the water.

So to try and give some different advice / tips - Lidl is a 10 minute walk from hotel if you need anything for children. They have baby friendly water there (denoted by a dummy on the bottle) for 29c which you can use for formula or sterilising. Regarding water onsite, buy a bottle on your first day and then just keep refilling it at the beach bar where there is a self service tap of drinking water.

Yes it is noisy at night - we stayed last year in 1109 and it was very noisy as the corridor was right outside and all you heard from 5am was suitcases being wheeled around. This year we were block 6 - much much better. Still noisy until 11pm but after that nothing and nothing in the early hours too.

Kids club is amazing and well organised - special thanks to Martina. The children loved the disco every night although we were never sure whether it was meant to start at 8 or 8.15.

Another tip - don't pack your own buckets, spades or inflatables. There are loads around the pool that people leave behind, we just found some on the first day, used them and then passed them on.

The all inclusive is brilliant especially with children - they loved the slush puppies and ice creams. I never got the feeling anything was skimped on - from sea food night with caviar and lobster, to the gorgeous cocktails. Everything felt very high quality.

The sun lounger situation is not bad at all. I sometimes got up too early to reserve them! Generally as long as you were down by 7.30 you could have your pick of them, but there were free ones all day if you didn't want to reserve, even late afternoon. There are certainly loads more than last year anyway.

The addition of the slide area was fabulous for the children. The kids said it was colder than the main pool but if the weather is boiling then it was ok.

This was our second time at the hotel and many of the same staff were there which is always a good sign. Many many thanks in particular to Silvia, Lobo, Martina, Angie, Bryan and Robin. I can't emphasise enough what a great place this is for a family (I would not necessarily recommend for a couple or older people) - I am the sort of person who is always first to complain and yet I would find it hard to fault this. I would not hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: Block 6 was quiet, private, bit more out of the hustle and bustle and if you don't mind the spir...
7 Thank nbam187047
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

people were very nice and friendly, they even knew our names, always smiling , outstanding service

pretty good for a family trip with kids as they have activities they whole day for your little ones .. we even had a pony-ride inside the hotel !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

staff here are amazing from reception to bar staff to kitchen staff to entertainers etc. super friendly and have lots of time for kids. although there are lots of kids you never see them as so much for kids to do. so close to beach its amazing. shows are fantastic. food is amazing. you must do all inclusive its well worth it. by far the best Iberostar hotel in Mallorca. i will be back

Room Tip: ask for a high room to get the amazing sea views, upgrade to the deluxe rooms. really are worth it.
1 Thank debs2222
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,

There is no better reward for us to read our guests’ full satisfaction on their stay at our IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca hotel, we are sincerely grateful for the time you took out of your day to share such a praising 5 star review on your overall holiday experience among us.

Moreover, we want to express our utmost gratitude for your amazing words towards our staff, as you well say their great attitude, genuine helpfulness and full commitment to ensure that our guests are enjoying their stay at our hotel is definitely our main asset; we will make sure to share your kind words as we know it will mean a great deal to them.

We also loved reading your praising comments on our restaurant; at IBEROSTAR we have a true passion for gastronomy and strive to make it one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us; it is very rewarding to read you enjoyed every dining experience among us.

At IBEROSTAR we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling this is why our animation team strives to offer a wide range of activities for our guests to join in, we are glad to read that this was a pleasant aspect of your stay among us.

Thank you again for your visit and very kind recommendation to the travel community of TripAdvisor; It will be a real pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Majorca and please do not hesitate contact us beforehand to organize every detail of your stay.

Warmest Regards,
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for eleven nights in June 2014, on an all-inclusive basis, having booked and travelled with Jet2.com from Glasgow.

This fine hotel stands in an enviable position on the main beach in Port d'Alcudia. It's central for shops and bars and a public bus stop is conveniently located just outside the hotel.

There are just over 300 rooms and the hotel caters very well for young, old and disabled guests. With its beach-side location, it is ideally suited for all, especially families.

Children of all ages are catered for with a new 'young-child' friendly small water slide and other youngsters' watery facilities. There are two 'young-child' friendly pools and two other swimming pools, all of which were meticulously clean.

There is a fantastic large 'open-all-round' marquee which is carpeted and contains many different shaped large bean-bag type toys/seats/cushions, This shaded comfort or crawling-zone is ideal for those with very young children. (As pictured from our balcony with the small water slide).

Having stayed at a number of Iberostar Hotels before, we were expecting good food. Well, it was better than that; it was excellent. The food was more befitting of a 5 star hotel, it was truly scrumptious! There was so much to choose from and it was all presented buffet-style. Whether you enjoy steak or fish, (including salmon), cooked to your taste, pasta & pizza, vegetarian Italian dishes or salads, you will not go hungry. There was always a choice of different meats and fish and you will never have seen so much different salad. Of course, the great thing about a buffet is that you can always choose more! We could help ourselves to soft drinks, water, (including sparkling), wine, or beer with any meal.

There was always plenty of choice of mouth-watering suites and always a huge selection of freshly prepared, or whole, fruit. The food was simply fantastic and was a real credit to those who worked in the kitchen and the staff who worked tirelessly in the two restaurants. Special thanks to all of the kitchen and restaurant staff, including pleasant and hard working Marina, (who deserves a full-time position) and also Lobo who is polite, engaging and very hard working.

Yes, there are two restaurants: the Bell Viure is the main 'indoor' restaurant with canopy beside the main pool and the Bar & Restaurant Medusa, situated adjacent to the beach, which is al fresco.

The entertainment team are personable, energetic and non-stop. They work from morning to night to keep the Children's and Teen Clubs running and guests entertained. If you want to get involved with archery, rifle or pistol shooting, volleyball or even darts, their enthusiasm is unending. Thank you to Robin and Bryan and the whole team who also put on some great shows in the evenings.

The hotel is spotlessly clean and well maintained. If you are able to get out of bed early enough in the morning, you will see teams of gardeners, cleaners and repair staff all busy at work as soon as it is light. There is so much attention to detail - can you believe that the sandy volleyball court is machine-rotovated, raked and then hosed every morning? Thank you to all cleaning & maintenance staff who do a great job and work hard all day.

There are three bars. Two of these are outdoors; one by the beach and one which serves the evening entertainment area. The bar staff work hard every day and evening and I would like to thank all of the staff including Aitor for his hard work and attention to detail. Special thanks also to Sylvia who was keen that I improved on my Spanish language and who taught me a different phrase each time I approached the bar.

Our bedroom / apartment was in the main building on the fifth floor and from the balcony we were afforded a fantastic view of the hotel pools, the beach and the surrounding area. (See picture). Like the rest of the hotel, our accomodation was spotlessly clean and ideal. It is true that you could hear some noise from the corridors adjacent to the bedroom, however that happens in most hotels.

The hotel manager, Yara Martinez, can always be seen around the hotel with her deputy (whose name I do not know -sorry). The two ladies work tirelessly to enthuse their staff and can frequently be seen supervising and checking around the hotel and grounds. I would like to thank the two impeccably dressed, pleasant and approachable ladies for helping to make our holiday so special.

The reception staff, like everyone else in the hotel, are most friendly, helpful and professional. If you have any questions about the hotel, local area, bus times or even where to shop in Palma, they will help you. I would like to thank all of the reception staff for their patience and kind assistance, especially Adama with his friendly smile and also to Carolina for the frequent Spanish language lessons. Estoy muy bien, gracias!

There is a wonderful promenade, (with lights for the evening), immediately outside the hotel's rear gate on the beach side of the hotel. You can take a leisurely stroll, wheel chair or push a buggy along to the main town and the marina where there are hundreds of expensive large boats moored. Look-out for one of the best and sportiest looking boats which belongs to Michael Schumacher; it's called 'Smooth Operator'.

The beach is fantastic; it is fine white sand and very gently shelving. You could be 20 metres out to sea and yet it may only be 1 metre deep. The sea was very clean and warm.

For a couple of hours one morning, there was a regular flow of yellow & red boat planes which were skimming the top of the hotel roof as they dipped into Alcudia Bay. We later learned that these were Fire Service planes which were being used to dowse a bush-fire somewhere inland. They had been filling-up with water in the bay. (See picture).

There is plenty to do and see and you can arrange organised trips from the hotel. However, the local bus service is frequent and reasonably cheap and I would recommend that you give this a try. We took the bus to a market in old Alcudia which is a lovely ancient 'walled' town, a mile, or so, inland from Port D'Alcudia. Other worthwhile trips included Port d'Pollenca and also Palma. The public bus to Palma is perfect and the area of Palma adjacent to the bus station is really nice and touristy with decent shops and beautiful old buildings.

From the moment you check-in at the Iberostar Ciudad Blanca, you will have a wonderful time. If you are lucky to go there, please remember to appreciate and thank the hard-working staff, all of whom work as a terrific attentive team to make your holiday enjoyable and memorable. It's a super place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
13 Thank JimmyScotland
Dear Jimmy,

We first would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca hotel for your holidays in Majorca and for the time you spent to share this wonderful review on your stay .

Moreover we would like to express our utmost gratitude for your praising comments on our staff, please be sure, we will share your heartwarming words as we know it will mean a great deal to all of them, it is indeed very rewarding to hear that you felt well cared after and took the time to notice their hard work and full commitment to ensure that all our guests are enjoying their stay and a quality time with their loved ones.

We also thank you for pointing out the quality and variety of our buffets, the comfort and cleanliness of our hotel and accommodations as well as our location, fronting the beautiful beach of Playa de Muro with its crystal clear shallow water, which makes it ideal for families with young children.

Once again, thank you for making us your choice hotel and for the courtesy of your time; we hope that you had a pleasant and comfortable journey back home and to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon among us.

Warmest regards to you and your better half,
IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Viva Sunrise
IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park
IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park
#9 of 30 in Playa de Muro
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,443 reviews

Been to IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca? Share your experiences!