“Wouldn't go back!”

Hotel Piscis
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
“Wouldn't go back!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Jet 2 chose this hotel for me as my original choice decided to close early for the season. The pictures of the hotel are very deceiving online. When we arrived we was given our key cards to our room. The room was overlooked by the Spanish locals accomodation, where we never seem to have any privacy as they stared over most of the time. The room was very basic with no tv or tea making facilities. The food wasn't always hot. There was no coffee/tea allowed at lunch/dinner as they removed cups/saucers. The coffee machine in the bar kept breaking down. The pool is small and too enclosed. The good points are that the staff are very nice and pleasant. The maids kept the room clean and fresh daily. However, unfortunately I will not be returning to hotel piscis.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank TheGarlick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This has to be the worst all inclusive hotel I have ever experienced,my bed sheets were dirty on arrival to my very small room,so small that the bed side table was on its side as the furniture didnt fit ! The pool area is very small and i never got near it for people putting the towels out so early,even though the staff ensure you they remove them they dont !! The hotel is quite small for the amount of guests that stay ! The food was terrible apart from a decent salad bar,examples of stew,boiled potatoes,frozen carrots ! Really people are on their summer holiday and i understand fresh veg maybe difficult/expensive to import but frozen veg !!!! so i ate out every evening so this what should have been a cheap week away in the sun turned out to be a fairly expensive holiday ! i was very unlucky with the weather so this didnt help matters.There are plenty of decent bars and restaurants within a short walking distance,the location of this hotel is perfect,5 min walk to the beach/harbour.You are not allowed to fill a bottle with water either but you can drink nasty wine/beer all day if you wish ! The drinks they offered were not very enjoyable,i had a glass of wine one evening and wished i hadnt ! I really would not recommend this hotel to any couple looking for a romantic holiday or for an elderly couple looking for early nights as the walls are very thin,i could hear every child crying,screaming and running around the corridors day and night.I even looked into coming home early it was that poor and the final straw to me putting this review,i have to add i have never given a poor report to any hotel but i felt strongly about this one ! after checking out on the morning of my departure date i asked to borrow a towel to shower in the evening before my flight i was told by reception staff that i would have to pay for it ! i said im sorry im all inclusive and asking to borrow a towel. After expressing my feelings about my whole experience during the week she gave in and let me borrow a towel ! Excellent location but that is all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Rhonndda K

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2013

After reading all reviews we had mixed feelings about Hotel. Cheap Hotel All Inclusive
We were early check in and our rooms were ready, nice big room on first floor as requested. Reception staff are ok but nothing outstanding, the night staff are a bit miserable, and if you make a noise be warned you are told off. Hotel has nice reception area.
The room was clean and towels changed every day except Sunday. Bit dated but what do you want for price. We had a nice big balcony because we had an end room.
Food, - acceptable especially the themed nights. Very basic but enough choice, dining area small and expect will be very cramped during peak season.
Pool - small but plenty of beds, I had a complaint the outside tables were dirty.
Entertainment - Chris was a good entertainer, typical Spanish entertainment, limited. Bar is downstairs and entertainment on ground floor, so a pain having to go up and down for a drink. but bar staff are really nice and friendly.
A lot of oldies at this hotel, but for October it is what I expected.
Location - excellent. go outside to smugglers get your free Wi-Fi. as hotel charges extra for the service. Loads of decent friendly pubs
In all we had a good holiday and would go back again.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor end room so spacious
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Caernarfon, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Returned last week from my fourth visit to this hotel. I am bemused by some of the reviews posted on this site. The hotel was all-inclusive, and one of the most reasonable you could find. Despite this, we have been pleased with the appearance, the helpfulness and the cleanliness of the hotel. The food may be a bit monotonous, but this hotel tries it's best to vary the menu by providing Chinese, Mexican and Italian nights, very successfully too.We have stayed in several other all-inclusive hotels in different resorts, and this compares very favourably. Entertainment is provided every night, and though the predictable parrot makes the occasional squawk, other nights are more imaginative! The beach, and various gift shops are a five minute walk away. The beach itself is lovely, and safe for children as there are no big waves, and no "shelf", just a shallow slope. It looks like a lagoon! Alcudia itself is only a 6 euro taxi ride away, (1.50 by bus) and a big market is held nearby on Tuesdays and Sundays. The rooms at the hotel are roomy and cleaned daily, You may have to pay for hire of safes, fridges and kettles, but the air-con is free!!! This is why this has been my fourth visit to Piscis.

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies, and the bar closes at midnight, but the quietest nights would be had in th...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Anwen M
england
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was a last minute change of hotel and location for us as the previously booked hotel was getting awful reviews....

We were not disappointed here..
What great value for money, 10 nights all inclusive hotel in the port area of Alcudia..
Food and drinks all great...
Polite and helpful friendly staff and guests..
Entertainment in day and night but we did'nt bother, just used the hotel as a base...
We didn't use the pool either as the beach was only 5 mins strole..
Quite a number of bars/restaurants in the roads around the hotel..One great restaurant turn left at port enterance if looking out to sea.. Great live music by one guy every night here...
In all exactly what we expected with much more.....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nightowlEngland
doncaster
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Well what can I say???? Where shall I start? 1st after pulling up at the hotel doors from our transfer from the airport I was impressed we entered the building and was greeted by a friendly reception staff we was told our rooms werent ready to go to...... Bearing in mind it was 3.30 pm and we had no sleep for almost 27 hrs! We went down the stairs to get a drink when we returned after looking round we was given the door cards for our rooms there was 2 twin beds made into a double which we found very comfortable the balcony looked over what resembled an alleyway with bars and restraints and may I also add very very noisy by the punters well into the early hours..... There was no kettle which I found very strange for an all inclusive hotel when we asked bout it we was told we could hire them.....the safe was as normal but was astounded by the amount of 18 euros for one week plus a deposit for 6 euros......the pool area was very small and looked quiet dingy we didn't enter the pool at all for the 2 weeks we stayed there was never any sun loungers to be found as guests put their towels on them after reading several notices around the area that this was forbidden! All areas was spotlessly cleaned daily by the lovely maids rooms was cleaned daily and clean towels every day, bed linen was changed regularly.......the food was ok for the first couple of days but we couldn't get over the fact that aftere 12 when the bar closed we couldnt get either a hot or cold drink until 8 am which was no good for me and my husband as we're early morning rises sowe had to get a bottle of water the night before for the following morning....on th 2nd week of our stay there we was stood waiting to get food when we and several other saw a massive cockroach one of the kitchen staff casually stood on it and picked it up I was astounded....flys and other flying creatures was always in the restraunt .....one lady had the pleasure of finding a foreign object in her food the waitress strolled over to her table to take the things into the kitchen quiet casually as if this was an every day occurrence that was when we refused to eat there any longer........the resort was lovely in prime place close by to all shops and eating places......I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone we never go below 3 stars but we have never encountered anything like this before

Room Tip: Very small very basic there was small wardrobe with 6 hangers we lived out of our cases
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank trev141167
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We went in june 2012. The hotel was nice and clean the rooms was perfect for what you needed. Tbh we didnt like the food much as we stick to what we like but we did try stuff and never went hungry. The pool was small but we never complained and was always on it lol. When we went the entertainer was called lucy and it seemed she didnt like me, my sister or my son so we hardly go involved with the activities she did. The good thing about this hotel is the location, it is 5 mins away from a beautiful beach and plenty of shops. I would say if you want to go on trips try western water park but take flip flops or sumet to.wear on ur feet as the floor gets really hot, as marine land the dolpin show was amazing.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family