“better than what we thought.”
Review of Hotel Piscis

Hotel Piscis
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Oughtibridge, England, United Kingdom
“better than what we thought.”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

rooms clean, beds a bit on the hard side. food good. noise from the local bar which kept us awake at night. rooms ok away from the street where bars are. a little too far from the beach for my elderly mum, but ok for my partner and myself. no tv in rooms which we did miss as we like to keep updated on the news. staff very friendly.

Room Tip: request a room away from the side street.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We booked this hotel a few days before the school holidays dated 17th October 2013 , booked with holiday gems and cost 700 ish for all inclusive for 1 week. First time we gone all inclusive.I must say I was expecting something bad after reading the reviews but was surprised, we met our family who stayed at hotel pisics before, found friendly staff and a clean hotel, good first impressions, the beds are hard but didn't bother me. But did bother my fellas back. And my dads too. The Room and bathroom was very clean. Beds made every day. Stuff tidied.we were pigs actually.lol
Though I missed having a tv just to no a little of the outside world really. We had 3 singe beds that we pushed together as we have our little 3 year old with us, our room was 316 3rd floor and for a few days I was woke by lots of noise as the bars below was noisy. One called shamrock below our balcony. But soon as the week went on the bars closed for end of season. The Noise didn't bother my fella but woke me and my little girl. But a little noise is expected. The bars was echoey through the streets, I thought. But as the week went on people were scarce and was very quiet which was nice as I wouldn't like to think how it be in peak season. The Food was lovely for I say..half a week then suddenly We couldn't find food to go together. Was very random. But always something to eat. Beautiful salads and bread, pastries meats, fish, chicken! Fruit, soup, cheeses ect. All Was really nice to begin with. But by the end of the week I was eating chips n curry or gravy but I did enjoy it. Rice Pudding was nice. But my fella got board of blamonge in all colours n jelly n ice cream or baked cold rice pudding That I thought was yummy, him. He wanted something hot. My girl, loved ice cream n jelly. Also was always a large strange cake that I wasn't too keen on. Snacks=sandwhiches, was horrible and dry. I think more snacks should be on offer for children as mine sometimes wouldn't eat at dinner then be hungry later. Mainly evening meal then be really hungry at bedtime. And wouldn't like the sandwiches and also crisps were soft.
Drinks - fine though didn't like plastic tiny cups. Tea wasn't enjoyable. There was a little disco for kids which mine enjoyed and great acts too. Chris the entertainment guy (local notts lad) was very helpful and friendly. We booked on horse riding which we enjoyed. The trip to Caves of dragh I thought was a little rubbish though. The Beach was 5 mins away. Lovely though jelly fish all over it, And weather was wonderful for oct. 24-29 ' Both Pools were too cold I thought. And through the day the afternoon sun disappeared from baby pool so my girl couldn't go in without shivering.
Overall weather for October this year I was expecting 22' but it was far hotter 24'-29' cold till around 11 o clock was about 20' but through to 7 pm it was very hot through the night. Room has air on, thank god. My fella was bitten everywhere by something though me n my girl wasn't and I never heard or saw bugs.
This is a very laid back hotel and very quiet in October. Had a good time, if it's busy you want don't go in October, we got what we wanted and that's a quiet little holiday with tones of drink and food and weather was on our side too!

Room Tip: Maybe the front of the building would be a good room for quiet night sleep, though not any views wor...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Lyndseydarby
Oswestry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Each time we go to The Piscis we are impressed with the friendly staff, nice clean hotel, and perfect for exploring the area.
This time we were further impressed with the high standard of good food and big choice; to suit lots of visitors from around the world. Hot food was not always very hot, but who needs a hot hot meal when the weather is good.
Entertainment was superb, suitable for all ages, and the proximity of the port meant there was always somewhere to stroll, day or evening.
We will certainly go there again.

Room Tip: high floor means no outside noise, 4th or 5th ideal.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Helen W
Lancashire
Reviewed 21 October 2013

On reading some of the reviews we were very apprehensive having booked a week holiday at the Piscis in September. However we decided to reserve judgement until we arrived.

The front of the hotel was on a busy road but seemed bright and well kept. The reception staff were lovely and explained everything to us when checking in. Our room was overlooking the small pool to the rear of the hotel as requested. The room was compact but had everything we wanted. There wasn't a TV but there was a hairdryer in the bathroom. The balcony was adequate for our needs as we don't spend a lot of time in our room. Everything was clean and tidy and not shabby in any way.

The meals were edible and something for everyone. The problem we had was that things on the menu didn't always match up, but this is a problem in other hotels where there are multi national guests as they try to cater for everyone. Children were well catered for and all seemed happy.

The downside is the bar being downstairs and the entertainment upstairs. This could be a problem with elderly guests, although the lift goes between the floors.

The location of the hotel was brilliant. Very handy for the local buses and really close to the beautiful beach, harbour and main shopping area. This was a real bonus for us and we would certainly return to the hotel. The hotel was value for money and the staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank melLancashire
Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

stayed in this all inclusive hotel for a week, the rooms were very nice, and the food was varied as befits a hotel with guest from many nations. the hotel staff were pleasant and tried to help you as much as they could. the pool looked inviting, and the outside seating area was always clean and tidy. the hotel was on the very edge of town centre, with its eating/drinking places, and the shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dick B
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Spent five days here (oct 13) would never go back. The hotel is said to be 3star very debatable! The noise at night was ongoing through the night we managed about 4 hours sleep each night. The food was disgusting and after I saw insects in the salad we had to walk out and eat out! The pool area is filthy and very small not at all like the photos. The reception staff were very rude! The location of the hotel to the beach was good. Would never consider returning here. Beds terrible. People banging doors all night. Overall don't waste your money booking this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Wendy L

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

After reading some of the reviews I got the feeling they were about another Hotel. We had a Fab time here. Hotel is clean, maid service every day, staff are helpful and friendly. Food was good always something different to try, coffee always available in the lounge area right up until midnight. OK so the pool area isn't massive but the Beach is only 2 minutes away, give it a try, you are on Holiday aren't you. Plenty of shops to wander around right on the doorstep, and the Marina is Fab, I'm going to anchor my Yacht there when I win the Lottery. Entertainment all day long for kids and adults alike, and great effort by Chris at night time with Acts brought in to entertain. Brill Holiday at a bargain price. My advice, If you want 5 star treatment, go to a 5 star Hotel and pay 5 star price. Definately go again.

Room Tip: only saw my own so can't really help. we over looked british Bars,was fine. if you don't wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple