We recently booked and travelled to this hotel. We read the reviews before embarking on our trip with great interest and were at times alarmed at the comments made by other users. On the day of arrival we were expecting to see something horrific! This was definitely not the case....
Upon arrival, reception staff were pleasant and we went to the room. We had a clean, small but adequate room for me, the husband and 2 children. On the 6th floor, we overlooked the walkway were the English and Irish pub was located. Throughout the holiday, we didn't get woken or disturbed by noise from this area. The majority of the noise was from the neighbours in the next room, coming in late and arguing with the most pleasant foul language! The walls were thin, so beware conversations can be heard!
We did have an electronic safe in the room which was excellent.
One day, we had a problem with our patio door locking, this was dealt with on the following day satisfactory.
We were concerned to have read that the food was terrible. This clearly wasn't the case. People need to remember this is a 3* establishment and not the Ritz or a Hilton hotel. Food was adequate and tasty. Breakfast was our favourite meal of the day!
The queue for the bar was sometimes long but nothing more than what you can expect in an English pub on a Saturday night. The drinks measures were generous!
Staff were friendly and worked very hard.
My only negative point is that we would have liked our bed linen and towels to be changed more than once a week. Also, having water or tea/coffee making facilities would have been good. I have suggested to the hotel that on each floor they should have a water, coffee, and tea drinks dispenser as they do in the restaurant and in the bar area.
The pool area was very small but as beach people we didn't use this facility at all. The hotel is located in a nice area of Alcudia. The beach, shops and harbour are both very accessible.
Nothing to do with the hotel, but the strong smell of sulphur on the beach can be off putting. We found it was much better towards the Sunwing hotel.
Overall, a very nice holiday, weather fantastic and respectable hotel (better than expected)!
We would definitely go back again.
We used Sun Transfers for our airport transfers. They were excellent and would highly recommend and cheaper than a taxi and a lot faster!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults Only cousy Hotel only 150m away from the beach of Puerto Alcudia ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Piscis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piscis Hotel Puerto Alcudia
- Hotel Piscis Majorca, Spain