“Just back”
Review of Mariner Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port d'Alcudia
Mariner Club
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have just returned from a week at the Mariners club. Before I left I was so anxious form previous reviews on here that I tried to unsuccessfully change my booking. This accomandation is fine. It is 3 star and this is what it delivers. We had a studio for myself, my husband and my 11month old baby. They are small but generally studios are. It was fine for us. There was a cot ready when we arrived. The apartments were clean and contained what we required. The staff we're very helpful and friendly. We did experience a smell in our bathroom on a few occasions and maintenance came on a few occasions to try to sort it. We ate breakfast a few times and this is very reasonably priced and big portions. We had dinner once in the apartments and again this was good food and reasonably priced.
We didn't participate in the evening entertainment. We would generally go out to the port area for dinner, drinks and a walk and then come back when our baby was asleep around 9/10 o'clock. This was our one thing we didn't really enjoy. The entertainment was so loud that you really had no choice but to hear everything that was going on. It really is unnecessary. We had asked for a quiet area of the apartments and even being down the far end away from the bar area we could hear everything. This maybe some peoples cup of tea but it's not ours.
Unlike some reviews on here we found the pool area very clean and we saw it being cleaned every morning at 8. The surrounding areas we're also well looked after. There were plenty of sunloungers too.
As this is provides cheap accomadation there are a number of different clientele. It is catered around families.
We saw Amanda the famous entertainer. She seemed to enjoy working with the children, but again we didn't deal directly with her as our baby was too young. The kids disco every evening seemed to have the same format and order of songs every night!
Alcuida is nice and the beach is beautiful. It's clean and has a lovely long walk suitable for a pushchair. We found the area clean. It is full of British and Irish with the odd few other nationalities thrown in. One our first day we ended up walking by the Bellevue strip. My advice would be to stay away. This area is full of British pubs, cheap tat and isn't the nicest area of Alcudia.
The port area is lovely with some really nice restaurants and bars.
The weather was mixed. It took awhile in the morning to warm up but then was beautiful. We had rain on two days but it brightened up. On our last day it was very overcast and we had a huge thunderstorm that night.
As for mossi- I am generally eaten alive, but didn't get bitten once while we were there. I did bring spray and a plug in but there were no Mossi around.
The area around the aapartments contains lots of canals and I can imagine that in the middle of summer this is where the mosquito issues arise from.
We won't return to the Mariners club but I wouldn't be anxious if you are due to visit it. It is fine just not luxury.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Heather B
MarinerClub, General Manager at Mariner Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your review, we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were ok.
We apologise for the noise of the entertainment but it is something we can´t help, it is part of the hotels and the tourist season. Also how the hotel is displayed we can´t help that.
Also we appreciate the advice you give to readers on the area.
We do hope you change your mind and come back and stay with us, you will be very welcome.
Kind regards from all mariner club staff.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

traveled out for our first visit to the island of majorca and choose the mariner club based on Thomson brochure and reviews on here didnt expect much as previous traveling to spain and greek islands offer basic unless you pay loads so we where surprised when we checked in and got our request of top floor midway but could still see the pool well nice, and clean balcony with table and chairs inside it was bigger than expected 2 sofa bed/chairs and a 3rd bed around a corner, big wardrobe with safe inside and chest of drawers, mirror table and chairs plus a lil table kitchen had all we needed including a kettle no deposit and a toaster, bathroom big enough with bath and shower overhead plenty of towels and toilet roll tv with 5 basic channels.
i take my hat of to amanda who we met once lovely lady keeps the kiddies entertained dancing and singing face painting and more then she does the adult quizzes and bingo she puts alot into keeping everyone happy.
the pool is very big and plenty of tables and chairs in the restaurant along with games for kids, tv music cigarette machine, plenty of sun loungers to.
restaurant cheap eat a few times there waiters very friendly food very nice.
cleaners very friendly we emptied our rubbish and chucked in the big bins help a maid out they are busy , brush and mop left on balcony with mosi spray so we brushed the apartments aswell when we were in.
reptile and parrot show was good had pictures taken 10 euros.
didnt hire a safe but cost 2.50 euro a day plus deposit.
taxis very cheap we took 2 trips down to can picafort lush resort plenty of shops well worth a visit cost around 12-14 euros but it was iron man week so lots of cyclist slowing traffic down otherwise wouldve cost less.
visited the market in old town make sure you haggle well worth it took the mini train to stop 9 its a straight ahead walk follow the people you cant get lost plenty of taxis if you dont want to walk back cost us bot 5 euros.
plenty of shops and cafes/restaurants follow the canal straight down turn right massive strip of shops then by hotel boccio turn right and your on bellevue strip more shops, there are 3 tabacs in resort again one of bellevue opened up on 2nd week big one by end of canal and one further down and seen 1 in the port area.
port area 30 min walk more shops lovey views etc well worth a walk.
beach fab fish and mini urchins in the shells so watch out for that.
pays to shop about some shops cheaper than others for souvenirs.
next topic seen 3 lookey lookey just ignore or walk on seen 3 hair braiders again ignore
didnt see one timeshare person anywhere.
had a fabulous 2 weeks and cant wait to go back any questions shout me a message :)
big thanks to all the staff at mariner club for making our holiday fab
and last but not least big thanks to kayleigh our rep always on hand for tips and a chat

Room Tip: stayed in room 212 top floor in middle no sun till afternoon so mornings were big chilly, reception...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank star2484
MarinerClub, Front Office Manager at Mariner Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you very much for your review, it was excellent, letting everybody know all the information of the hotel and the area.

We are happy to learn you had a great time and enjoyed!!

Hope to see you and your family again.

Take much care & kind regards from all mariner club staff

Reviewed 24 March 2014

2014 will be my 5th visit, I go every year in June with my now 6 and 4 yr old. I would NEVER go anywhere else. It's safe and secure, staff are friendly and Amanda is amazing with everyone. Always has plenty of activities. Food is the best for miles. Take jungle formula to prevent mozie bites and u will be fine. The rooms are plenty big enough. Clean and fresh. The balcony is perfect, I can put the little ones to bed if they are tired and sit out an watch the shows. There only exit is past me so it's perfect ! Pool is clean and maintenance are very helpful if a problem arises. I'd recommend this place to anyone. 70 days and counting till my next visit ;)

• Stayed: June 2013
17  Thank emslot

Dear Emslot,

We are very glad to hear you don´t want to go to another place!!

It is our goal to make all are guests happy and make their holiday one to remember and if they are repeat guests much more!!

Thank you for your comments and we will see you soon!!

Kind regards from all mariner club staff.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Brilliant hotel love this place soon to make our 3rd visit pool is good size with a good size children's section. rooms only stayed in 1 bed apartment but very spacious beds and sofa beds comfortable very clean too fridge in room with small freezer compartment and decent sized kitchen area good size table with 4 chairs big wardrobe good sized bathroom with shower and bath, balcony has a gate with a sort of baby proof lock very handy when you have little ones entertainment on a evening usually starts with a kids disco then some kind of entertainment ie reptile show, African dancers. joined in with a few quizzes brilliant laugh and quite competitive in a fun way also bingo which I usually hate but also a good laugh. 10 mins walk along canal to main town centre the port of alcudia is a 20 min walk be sure to take some bread and feed the fish at the harbour just throw some in the water and watch hundreds of fish appear from nowhere my kids love doing this! All I can say about this hotel is friendly family orientated in a great location and don't let the low price put you off as I have stayed in many hotels including 5* and have always came back to the mariners club as I feel like it's a home from home

Stayed: September 2013
9  Thank Jillmitcheson123
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for 7 nights as a late deal in September, friendly welcome. Upper floor studio apartment which was very clean and freshly painted. We don't normally book studio apartment so we found sleeping in an open plan room with noisy fridge a bit disruptive. Not the most comfortable sofa/bed but clean. We were near the main bar, the noise stopped around 11pm so not too much of a problem. Large, clean pool. Only had breakfast one morning in the restaurant, the food was good and big portions, felt sorry for the waiter who seemed a bit rushed off his feet. Lidl is about a 10min walk away where you can buy everything you need for a self catering holiday, much cheaper than the Spar 2mins away. Lots of entertainment put on suitable for families, this May or may not be to everyone's taste. The female entertainment host was enthusiastic and very vocal!!! Stayed in worse and better, good value for money, clean and friendly. First time we've been in Alcudia, Old Town beautiful...a long walk in the heat uphill. The road train will take you half way. Lots for families to do in Alcudia, not the most picturesque compared to Santa Ponsa and Palma Nova.

Room Tip: Ask for room further away from bar area and if you have difficulty with steps ask for ground floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KingCharlesScotland
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My Patner and i brought our 2 year old boy to mariners at the end of september for our first family holiday away. Other reviewer's are right in that the accomodation is nothing spectacular but it is very clean and we had lots of space to spead out. The balconies are lovely and all face the pool. In all we had the best holiday ever - Amanda is brilliant with the children and seems to have an endeless supply of patience. The staff are all so friendly and make you feel very welcomne. Mariners is a bit out of town but we enjoyed the walk to the beach/marina etc. The beach is perfect for children as it is very shallow. I have know people stay in some of the other bigger complexes in Alcudia but would urge you to try Mariners. I have never returned to the same apartment complex ever but will be counting the days until we can book our next trip to Mariners!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Louise C
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Excelllent entertainment something for all ages and adults different every night food cheap enough and drinks pool excellent beach is stunning you wont be dissapointed I will be comming bk 1 year u will have a great time here amamzing sunshine also x

Room Tip: If ur a family of 5 or more make sure you get 2 rooms next to each other when booking
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank m01982
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa
Sol Alcudia Center by Melia Apartamentos
Viva Sunrise
Viva Sunrise
#6 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Mariner Club? Share your experiences!