“Alcudia Beach Hotel”

Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Yorkshire
“Alcudia Beach Hotel”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Just got back from this hotel, Aug 16th. We always go all inclusive so I do have some comparisons to make. Firstly, we asked for low level rooms next to each other (we went as a party of 8 so had booked two rooms) we got exactly what we asked for which is always a bonus. Hotel is very clean and in pretty good repair compared to others I have stayed in. Yes its basic but rooms are cleaned every day apart from Wednesday and Sunday which is not standard in other hotels. You can always get a sunbed even late afternoon which I have never experianced before. Food is not available all day which is not what I have had before so you have to work a schedule to work round the mealtimes but we managed without problems. No food outlet round the pool. you have to get dressed and go intot he main restaurant which opens at 1.30. Staff were not chatty apart from Joan who was like having a little comedian around all day, Went out of his way to make us welcome and to be honest made our stay at this hotel far better than it would have been without him.

I dont agree that the food is not good, its spanish! Always salads on offer and fruit. Occasional pizza, beef burgers (which were both good) but the fish dishes were very spanish and not to my likeing. I did eat salad every mealtime with various additions if I liked what was on offer but I was more than happy with that. My four year old ate well, pasta, potatoes, shepards pie (which they called mashed potatoes) tuna, eggs. Lots complaining that there was nothing for the kids but what I think they meant was there wasnt any junk food which suited me because I prefer not to give my kids stuff like that.

Drinks are what you expect, yes coffee is appaling but it is anywhere in Spain and take your own T Bags (which I do anyway because their tea is nothing short of dishwater) but go prepared.

Was incredibly hot and kids feet blistered as the area round the pool is so hot but again use your loaf, I purchased a pair of scuba shoes for my little one to wear in and around the pool for 9 euro that sorted that problem out.

There was a 50/50 mix of English and German guests and I wasnt too happy that the mini disco team all spoke to the kids in German. (My kids sitting their looking on dumbfounded as they were asked questions in German). Again use your loaf, tell the team the nationality of your kids and they will speak to them in their own language, After the Dutch lad (cant remember his name) was told we were English he made a real effort to speak English around us and included |English in the evening so we could understand.

Few English moaning but we enjoyed it, I think as a nation some people just like to sit and moan but there really is nothing to moan about for the price of the holiday. In comparison to other 3* hotels I have been to on an all inclusive basis this rates better so go and have a good time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Helenfromtroy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Returned 4th August 2012 would agree with most of the comments. Yes there wasnt alot of english people there but they were all friendly and polite and the only trouble we had was from an english man banging on our door late at night accusing us of throwing water over him he had obivously had too much to drink and randomly choose our room to kick off at..scared my kids on our 1st evening there. Other than that if the food improved we would definately go back and for the money we paid we had a lovely holiday rooms were clean and very basic it was my first all inclusive just the food that let it down

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank an0n40
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

If I could give this review a GOOD instead of AVERAGE or VERY GOOD - I would.
I too read all the reviews before we went (but not before we booked – so I was very apprehensive)!
Yes, the food was unacceptably bad, yes, some of the other guests were rude - but the rude ones we encountered were English!! Not all the guests were German. Many were Dutch. We met Danish, Dutch, Scottish, English, Irish and German. A lovely mix. And we had a great two weeks at this hotel. The location of this hotel is nothing short of perfect for families. Right near the beach, right near local amenities but perfectly placed down a quiet road.
After a week of feeling VERY disappointed in the food, I realised what we had paid for the holiday – we paid £2,500 all-in for two adults and two children, this included the hotel (all inclusive), private transfers and flights for two weeks in the school holidays. This is unbelievable value and quite frankly unheard of for this time of year. So we treated ourselves to a couple of meals out. One of the three meals was very disappointing and expensive. But my husband had a beautiful steak at a place called Romi (I think) on the nearby tourist high street.
The staff at the hotel were friendly, helpful and smiling. There were ALWAYS spare sun beds around the pool and no one putting down towels at 7am. As for the German kids club, our children joined in the ‘mini disco’ and loved it. They learned some German and Spanish in doing so! We did not come to this hotel for the kids club so it didn’t bother us that it was in German and I think if our children would have been interested the staff would have made the effort to explain the activities in English. Our room was very basic, but CLEAN. I assumed there would be a hairdryer in the room but there is literally nothing. We were comfortable though and had plenty of space. Also, be warned, if you like your coffee, the coffee here is aaaaaaaawful - however we found a lovely ice cream place, five mins away that do great coffee, very reasonably.
In conclusion the only reason we would not return is because of the food. We like our food and for us it was simply not good enough. But if you’re not that bothered about food – then this is the place for you! oh and very important - this hotel is NOT for couples - best for (young) families.
Great value for money and perfect location in Alcudia.

Room Tip: if you get a ground floor room, don't put your towels out on the balcony to dry, the sprinkler s...
2 Thank anon190280
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Just got back 1st August 2012, location fantastic, food OK you could always find somethoing to eat (plenty of choice). The Hotel is geared up for Germans (60%) English I would put at aboput 15% minority. However, this is the first hotel I have been to in many years that I could go to the pool and get some beds for the whole family (5) any time of day. It's not the German's / Europeans nicking the sun beds it's the Brits who save one for every member of the family for 06.00 - 18.00 wether they need it or not. In some instances they have gone on a day trip but maybe back in time to use the pool. staff friendly and in large have a good sense of humour, many speaking more than two languages. A useful tip If they don't understand speak slower not louder!!

We went with two boys aged 8 and 5 and a baby girl age 16 months pool was good, and the evening entertainment altough in German met with their approval as it's music (mini disco).

meal times are tight, but you get used to it. Staff are quite miltary in cut off times and you can't buy a drink after 11pm once all inclusive closes, everything closes.

rooms are tired but the locality and proximity to the beach and cost makes this a real value for money holiday. we would go again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Hotel itself not too bad in terms of there being a good sized pool area and room facilities are clean in a good location. The food in the hotel was dreadful however with little choice and cold.The hotel was largely populated with german visitors on the whole who were very rude.

1 Thank willis71

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Went away for the second time this year for a week and,,, SO GLAD WE WENT HERE! Out of both the holidays, this was best by far. Loved every second, my children aged 10 and 13 were fully entertained with the reps and had 6 / 7 days entertainment of a night. The only doubt i have is waiting about 10 minutes up the bar for the evening drinks, but everything included... Friendly Staff, I over heard a complaint that someones tv wouldn't work - they fixed it straight away! Our room was lovely and cool (with air conditioning), its not very modern but a holiday isn't to be 24 / 7 in a hotel room when you have a beautiful pool right on your doorstep. You get all towels included... they first open doors at 7:30 ish, after cleaning the pool in every morning, so you can get your sunbed! I know it seems early, but to make the most of your holiday you have to be up early and stay up late!... Food: It was delicious, a wide variety to choose from, we only ever ate out once as the restaurants were only 10 minutes away and we wanted to see how nice it was eating out. However, we loved the food at the hotel and would definitely recommend the food! I think i mentioned about the drinks but in the day time drinks available are; soft drinks, fizzy drinks, Hot drinks, Alcohol....etc, and if your not happy with anything, you go up again! It was sooo welcoming! Oh yes, lastly the BEACH!!! Omg, amazing, beautiful, spectacular.. the best beach ever been to. Only 2 minutes away from a Sandy soft beach, plenty of sunbeds, Good looking lifegaurds ;) and a tropical beach! It was luxury - Now i know how the millionaires feel, if you do not have a hotel on alcudia beach your missing out! They even have some entertainment on the beach too! Nationality wise, there weren't that many germans only a few with families, but they were friendly anyway, a lot of nice and friendly english, spanish and french there and that was it I think. Pricing up things it only came to £2507 which was amazing prices all inclusive. I read some other reviews before writing mine, don't read them, not truee! Yes, the rooms can be older, but like I said if thats all to complain about then they obviously missed out on what I as a 42 year old did because you dont stay in your room for the day! Silly people.... SOO.. In conclusion, = BOOK IT NOW!

Room Tip: A pool or beach view would be brilliant, like we had! "Higher floors have less noice and more s...
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

We go 3 all inclusive holidays a year and this one has been the worst,we had to eat out all the time, the bar at night shut exactly at 11, we couldn't buy a drink after all inclusive had finished, the older man behind the bar at night was a miserable sod!! Full of german, swedes and Dutch (They had to have the same sunbeds everyday)So more catered for them. The room was very basic but clean and a good size we had a 1 bedroom apartment, pool was nice. A good location not far from bars and resturants thank goodness!! We still had a good Hol in Alcudia a shame about hotel...

• Stayed July 2012