“alcudia beach hotel”

Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“alcudia beach hotel”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

we have just got back from this hotel,5th september,the hotel and staff are great,the food was good,the entertainment was rubbish,one night they had a clown to entertain the kids,who spoke german all way through,not good if your english,the hotel is 80% full of germans,otherwise its a cracking hotel,joan the bar man is a good lad too,

Room Tip: 1st floor ideal if you have kids

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We had a two week stay here got back on the 25th aug.... The hotel is very very clean pool is lovely and the fact that you don't have to get up early to get a sunbed is excellent.... Staff in reception are very helpful and friendly... Restaurant staff are miserable apart from a young lad called Joan he was very nice and another lady with short blonde hair ...... Not much to do for kids here you had the Dutch lad part of the entertainment staff come round the pool a few times for activities but that was it..... Evening entertainment was apalling and the mini disco was all spoken in German this hotel in my opinion caters for German guests.... Even tho they knew we were English they still spoke to the kids in German..... The last two nights we were there they put on a show which was quite funny.... Other nights consisted of a woman singer who read words from a laptop and a bloke with a laptop who played songs ..... A games night and a men against women night.... Not very good at all..... Our room was lovely very spacious and had fridge sink and rings.... I heard that this is the first year that this hotel has gone all inclusive it was self catering before ..... Don't know how true that is..... The games bit near reception for kids is a big con a money making con its obvious kids are gonna keep asking for a euro for these machines but they never ever win anything out of them..... They don't have wi-fi either and the computer they had which was 2euros for 20 minutes was very slow and used up ya euros before you even got on the page you wanted.... The pool bar was unattended most of the time and was even closed during the day and you wasn't allowed in the bar area in your swimwear so ya had to get dressed every time ya had to go in there to get a drink when the pool bar was closed..... The food wasnt up to standard in my opinion I had a 13 yr old and a 4yr old .... My 4yr old hardly eat a thing 13yr old did try stuff but wasn't liking much the best meal was breakfast eggs were lovely but lunch and dinner wasnt good..... It was tasteless and watery or covered in
Oil..... Chips were hard as were potatoes sometimes and meat was full of fat.... I had a lovely two weeks here but the food and the entertainment need much improving .... I am English and I am not one to moan about stuff I'm fully aware that ya in a foreign country and food is not English but it needs to be edible .... After all ya paying alot of money that you've worked hard for all year you expect it to be a bit better than it was in
My opinion.... This hotel is lovely and if they improved the food and the entertainment it would be fantastic......

• Stayed August 2012
Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Just got back from this hotel, Aug 16th. We always go all inclusive so I do have some comparisons to make. Firstly, we asked for low level rooms next to each other (we went as a party of 8 so had booked two rooms) we got exactly what we asked for which is always a bonus. Hotel is very clean and in pretty good repair compared to others I have stayed in. Yes its basic but rooms are cleaned every day apart from Wednesday and Sunday which is not standard in other hotels. You can always get a sunbed even late afternoon which I have never experianced before. Food is not available all day which is not what I have had before so you have to work a schedule to work round the mealtimes but we managed without problems. No food outlet round the pool. you have to get dressed and go intot he main restaurant which opens at 1.30. Staff were not chatty apart from Joan who was like having a little comedian around all day, Went out of his way to make us welcome and to be honest made our stay at this hotel far better than it would have been without him.

I dont agree that the food is not good, its spanish! Always salads on offer and fruit. Occasional pizza, beef burgers (which were both good) but the fish dishes were very spanish and not to my likeing. I did eat salad every mealtime with various additions if I liked what was on offer but I was more than happy with that. My four year old ate well, pasta, potatoes, shepards pie (which they called mashed potatoes) tuna, eggs. Lots complaining that there was nothing for the kids but what I think they meant was there wasnt any junk food which suited me because I prefer not to give my kids stuff like that.

Drinks are what you expect, yes coffee is appaling but it is anywhere in Spain and take your own T Bags (which I do anyway because their tea is nothing short of dishwater) but go prepared.

Was incredibly hot and kids feet blistered as the area round the pool is so hot but again use your loaf, I purchased a pair of scuba shoes for my little one to wear in and around the pool for 9 euro that sorted that problem out.

There was a 50/50 mix of English and German guests and I wasnt too happy that the mini disco team all spoke to the kids in German. (My kids sitting their looking on dumbfounded as they were asked questions in German). Again use your loaf, tell the team the nationality of your kids and they will speak to them in their own language, After the Dutch lad (cant remember his name) was told we were English he made a real effort to speak English around us and included |English in the evening so we could understand.

Few English moaning but we enjoyed it, I think as a nation some people just like to sit and moan but there really is nothing to moan about for the price of the holiday. In comparison to other 3* hotels I have been to on an all inclusive basis this rates better so go and have a good time.

6 Thank Helenfromtroy
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Returned 4th August 2012 would agree with most of the comments. Yes there wasnt alot of english people there but they were all friendly and polite and the only trouble we had was from an english man banging on our door late at night accusing us of throwing water over him he had obivously had too much to drink and randomly choose our room to kick off at..scared my kids on our 1st evening there. Other than that if the food improved we would definately go back and for the money we paid we had a lovely holiday rooms were clean and very basic it was my first all inclusive just the food that let it down

1 Thank an0n40
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

If I could give this review a GOOD instead of AVERAGE or VERY GOOD - I would.
I too read all the reviews before we went (but not before we booked – so I was very apprehensive)!
Yes, the food was unacceptably bad, yes, some of the other guests were rude - but the rude ones we encountered were English!! Not all the guests were German. Many were Dutch. We met Danish, Dutch, Scottish, English, Irish and German. A lovely mix. And we had a great two weeks at this hotel. The location of this hotel is nothing short of perfect for families. Right near the beach, right near local amenities but perfectly placed down a quiet road.
After a week of feeling VERY disappointed in the food, I realised what we had paid for the holiday – we paid £2,500 all-in for two adults and two children, this included the hotel (all inclusive), private transfers and flights for two weeks in the school holidays. This is unbelievable value and quite frankly unheard of for this time of year. So we treated ourselves to a couple of meals out. One of the three meals was very disappointing and expensive. But my husband had a beautiful steak at a place called Romi (I think) on the nearby tourist high street.
The staff at the hotel were friendly, helpful and smiling. There were ALWAYS spare sun beds around the pool and no one putting down towels at 7am. As for the German kids club, our children joined in the ‘mini disco’ and loved it. They learned some German and Spanish in doing so! We did not come to this hotel for the kids club so it didn’t bother us that it was in German and I think if our children would have been interested the staff would have made the effort to explain the activities in English. Our room was very basic, but CLEAN. I assumed there would be a hairdryer in the room but there is literally nothing. We were comfortable though and had plenty of space. Also, be warned, if you like your coffee, the coffee here is aaaaaaaawful - however we found a lovely ice cream place, five mins away that do great coffee, very reasonably.
In conclusion the only reason we would not return is because of the food. We like our food and for us it was simply not good enough. But if you’re not that bothered about food – then this is the place for you! oh and very important - this hotel is NOT for couples - best for (young) families.
Great value for money and perfect location in Alcudia.

Room Tip: if you get a ground floor room, don't put your towels out on the balcony to dry, the sprinkler s...
2 Thank anon190280
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Just got back 1st August 2012, location fantastic, food OK you could always find somethoing to eat (plenty of choice). The Hotel is geared up for Germans (60%) English I would put at aboput 15% minority. However, this is the first hotel I have been to in many years that I could go to the pool and get some beds for the whole family (5) any time of day. It's not the German's / Europeans nicking the sun beds it's the Brits who save one for every member of the family for 06.00 - 18.00 wether they need it or not. In some instances they have gone on a day trip but maybe back in time to use the pool. staff friendly and in large have a good sense of humour, many speaking more than two languages. A useful tip If they don't understand speak slower not louder!!

We went with two boys aged 8 and 5 and a baby girl age 16 months pool was good, and the evening entertainment altough in German met with their approval as it's music (mini disco).

meal times are tight, but you get used to it. Staff are quite miltary in cut off times and you can't buy a drink after 11pm once all inclusive closes, everything closes.

rooms are tired but the locality and proximity to the beach and cost makes this a real value for money holiday. we would go again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Hotel itself not too bad in terms of there being a good sized pool area and room facilities are clean in a good location. The food in the hotel was dreadful however with little choice and cold.The hotel was largely populated with german visitors on the whole who were very rude.

1 Thank willis71

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels