“not the best but worth £250”

Alcudia Beach Aparthotel
Ranked #34 of 49 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Peterlee
“not the best but worth £250”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Bloody hell 973MOMO . What do you expect for £250 . Stayed here for 8 days and just got back . Read reviews before we went but I must say it was NOT as bad as the negative people make it out to be . Yeah the food is not the best and it does cater mostly for German people . But I believe I got more than enough for my money . I agree it is rather dated , and my fridge door fell off every time I opened it ( worse thing's happen in life ) . Pillows not the best and air con was a bit noisy but not enough to whinge about . The only thing I could complain about in this Hotel would have to be the Entertainment ( if you can call it that ) . It was that bad it made me laugh ( out loud ) . But to be honest Alcudia ( although a nice place ) lacks entertainment anyhow . May have something to do with being September .

What I think people fail to realise , is that most all inclusive hotel's have been forced to go down that route . ( was told this by one of their senior staff ) . I asked for a Baileys and recieved a full glass of it ( well a cheaper version of it ) . A few glasses of these set us up for the night .

Anyone looking for a good English bar there are 2 I highly reccomend . First one is Oxygen bar . Cheap drinks and food ( did not try the food ) . Amanda and Dave are very attentive and really do appreciate you being there . Secondly is The Foxes arms along the main road left to the hotel . Real English breakfast . I know you will be all inclusive but for the prices they charge you cannot grumble ... Danker and Auf Weidersen

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stan l

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Just returned from one week all inclusive holiday at this hotel, was absolutley disgusted with the accomodation, dirt and hair on the bathroom floor, smell of drains, enamel wore away in bath due to age and wear, limescale and rust round bath plug, limescale on shower head. fridge had a handle on it which didn't belong and had been screwed on !! it had also been painted with "white gloss" paint to make it look clean!!! the handle from the drawers came off in my hand every time I opened it, door to balcony was not secure and there was a (rusty ) old bolt fitted to attempt to make it safe!! we have never seen such bad food on any holiday we have had and ate out several times. wine and beer were self served into plastic cups, we weren't allowed to have real glasses even whilst sitting around the bar. hotel had quite a few english people in last week but "entertainment" and I use the term loosely, was all geared up for the german guests. all hotel and resort information books were in german, nothing for the english, everything closes down at 11pm so dont go here if you want fun.! good points?? pool area is good, you can always get a sunbed and Joan, the young waiter and barman is always there with a smile. would not reccomend this hotel to anyone, stay away !!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 973momo

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

we have just got back from this hotel,5th september,the hotel and staff are great,the food was good,the entertainment was rubbish,one night they had a clown to entertain the kids,who spoke german all way through,not good if your english,the hotel is 80% full of germans,otherwise its a cracking hotel,joan the bar man is a good lad too,

Room Tip: 1st floor ideal if you have kids
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We had a two week stay here got back on the 25th aug.... The hotel is very very clean pool is lovely and the fact that you don't have to get up early to get a sunbed is excellent.... Staff in reception are very helpful and friendly... Restaurant staff are miserable apart from a young lad called Joan he was very nice and another lady with short blonde hair ...... Not much to do for kids here you had the Dutch lad part of the entertainment staff come round the pool a few times for activities but that was it..... Evening entertainment was apalling and the mini disco was all spoken in German this hotel in my opinion caters for German guests.... Even tho they knew we were English they still spoke to the kids in German..... The last two nights we were there they put on a show which was quite funny.... Other nights consisted of a woman singer who read words from a laptop and a bloke with a laptop who played songs ..... A games night and a men against women night.... Not very good at all..... Our room was lovely very spacious and had fridge sink and rings.... I heard that this is the first year that this hotel has gone all inclusive it was self catering before ..... Don't know how true that is..... The games bit near reception for kids is a big con a money making con its obvious kids are gonna keep asking for a euro for these machines but they never ever win anything out of them..... They don't have wi-fi either and the computer they had which was 2euros for 20 minutes was very slow and used up ya euros before you even got on the page you wanted.... The pool bar was unattended most of the time and was even closed during the day and you wasn't allowed in the bar area in your swimwear so ya had to get dressed every time ya had to go in there to get a drink when the pool bar was closed..... The food wasnt up to standard in my opinion I had a 13 yr old and a 4yr old .... My 4yr old hardly eat a thing 13yr old did try stuff but wasn't liking much the best meal was breakfast eggs were lovely but lunch and dinner wasnt good..... It was tasteless and watery or covered in
Oil..... Chips were hard as were potatoes sometimes and meat was full of fat.... I had a lovely two weeks here but the food and the entertainment need much improving .... I am English and I am not one to moan about stuff I'm fully aware that ya in a foreign country and food is not English but it needs to be edible .... After all ya paying alot of money that you've worked hard for all year you expect it to be a bit better than it was in
My opinion.... This hotel is lovely and if they improved the food and the entertainment it would be fantastic......

• Stayed August 2012
Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Just got back from this hotel, Aug 16th. We always go all inclusive so I do have some comparisons to make. Firstly, we asked for low level rooms next to each other (we went as a party of 8 so had booked two rooms) we got exactly what we asked for which is always a bonus. Hotel is very clean and in pretty good repair compared to others I have stayed in. Yes its basic but rooms are cleaned every day apart from Wednesday and Sunday which is not standard in other hotels. You can always get a sunbed even late afternoon which I have never experianced before. Food is not available all day which is not what I have had before so you have to work a schedule to work round the mealtimes but we managed without problems. No food outlet round the pool. you have to get dressed and go intot he main restaurant which opens at 1.30. Staff were not chatty apart from Joan who was like having a little comedian around all day, Went out of his way to make us welcome and to be honest made our stay at this hotel far better than it would have been without him.

I dont agree that the food is not good, its spanish! Always salads on offer and fruit. Occasional pizza, beef burgers (which were both good) but the fish dishes were very spanish and not to my likeing. I did eat salad every mealtime with various additions if I liked what was on offer but I was more than happy with that. My four year old ate well, pasta, potatoes, shepards pie (which they called mashed potatoes) tuna, eggs. Lots complaining that there was nothing for the kids but what I think they meant was there wasnt any junk food which suited me because I prefer not to give my kids stuff like that.

Drinks are what you expect, yes coffee is appaling but it is anywhere in Spain and take your own T Bags (which I do anyway because their tea is nothing short of dishwater) but go prepared.

Was incredibly hot and kids feet blistered as the area round the pool is so hot but again use your loaf, I purchased a pair of scuba shoes for my little one to wear in and around the pool for 9 euro that sorted that problem out.

There was a 50/50 mix of English and German guests and I wasnt too happy that the mini disco team all spoke to the kids in German. (My kids sitting their looking on dumbfounded as they were asked questions in German). Again use your loaf, tell the team the nationality of your kids and they will speak to them in their own language, After the Dutch lad (cant remember his name) was told we were English he made a real effort to speak English around us and included |English in the evening so we could understand.

Few English moaning but we enjoyed it, I think as a nation some people just like to sit and moan but there really is nothing to moan about for the price of the holiday. In comparison to other 3* hotels I have been to on an all inclusive basis this rates better so go and have a good time.

6 Thank Helenfromtroy
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Returned 4th August 2012 would agree with most of the comments. Yes there wasnt alot of english people there but they were all friendly and polite and the only trouble we had was from an english man banging on our door late at night accusing us of throwing water over him he had obivously had too much to drink and randomly choose our room to kick off at..scared my kids on our 1st evening there. Other than that if the food improved we would definately go back and for the money we paid we had a lovely holiday rooms were clean and very basic it was my first all inclusive just the food that let it down

1 Thank an0n40
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2012

If I could give this review a GOOD instead of AVERAGE or VERY GOOD - I would.
I too read all the reviews before we went (but not before we booked – so I was very apprehensive)!
Yes, the food was unacceptably bad, yes, some of the other guests were rude - but the rude ones we encountered were English!! Not all the guests were German. Many were Dutch. We met Danish, Dutch, Scottish, English, Irish and German. A lovely mix. And we had a great two weeks at this hotel. The location of this hotel is nothing short of perfect for families. Right near the beach, right near local amenities but perfectly placed down a quiet road.
After a week of feeling VERY disappointed in the food, I realised what we had paid for the holiday – we paid £2,500 all-in for two adults and two children, this included the hotel (all inclusive), private transfers and flights for two weeks in the school holidays. This is unbelievable value and quite frankly unheard of for this time of year. So we treated ourselves to a couple of meals out. One of the three meals was very disappointing and expensive. But my husband had a beautiful steak at a place called Romi (I think) on the nearby tourist high street.
The staff at the hotel were friendly, helpful and smiling. There were ALWAYS spare sun beds around the pool and no one putting down towels at 7am. As for the German kids club, our children joined in the ‘mini disco’ and loved it. They learned some German and Spanish in doing so! We did not come to this hotel for the kids club so it didn’t bother us that it was in German and I think if our children would have been interested the staff would have made the effort to explain the activities in English. Our room was very basic, but CLEAN. I assumed there would be a hairdryer in the room but there is literally nothing. We were comfortable though and had plenty of space. Also, be warned, if you like your coffee, the coffee here is aaaaaaaawful - however we found a lovely ice cream place, five mins away that do great coffee, very reasonably.
In conclusion the only reason we would not return is because of the food. We like our food and for us it was simply not good enough. But if you’re not that bothered about food – then this is the place for you! oh and very important - this hotel is NOT for couples - best for (young) families.
Great value for money and perfect location in Alcudia.

Room Tip: if you get a ground floor room, don't put your towels out on the balcony to dry, the sprinkler s...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family