This hotel is what you would expect for a 3* family hotel. We stayed here in Aug12, and as a couple who know the area quite well we knew that the location was approx 100m away from the beach, although you do have to cross a busy main road. It is close the centre of the port which has a very pleasant atmosphere on a night time and is also close to the marina.
On arrival we were allocated a room and left to find it by ourselves but it was at 4 in the morning. I have to say that the reception staff were mostly ok at best and one lady always gave me the impression that everything was just a hassle and did not want to help. I also got the feeling that they catered more for the German tourist. If you are not up early you will not get a sun bed by the pool. Every bed is taken well before 9 but there is never anyone there other than their towels! Fortunately we went to the beach everyday where the beds are charged at 4.50 euros per day, this was fine by us as it was better than being surrounded by kids and crammed in on both sides.
The Hotel itself is clean and the rooms are adequate with the facilities available being, various swimming pools including an indoor pool and jacuzzi, a sauna, gym and wifi in the public areas(we did get it in our room as it was close to the reception). You will have to pay to hire the safe a hair dryer and a kettle, I seem to remember this costing aprox £20 for the three for a week. The room was cleaned daily and the towels changed regularly, but these were well worn. The beds are very hard but we got used to them. The air conditioning only works when you have the key fob in the card slot so when we left the room we put a folded up "do not disturb" card into it so that the room stayed cool, and also set it at 1 which is the coolest setting.
We did not use the hotel restaurant as we were self catering but as mentioned before we have been to the port on numerous occasions and knew that there are plenty of good places to eat in the area and probably cheaper and better. There is a good little English pub just around the corner called Sgt peppers which is cheap and the food is good, and the beer is good too! Along in the port there are plenty of other good place to chose from. The Carabella steak house is very good but more expensive. Also dreamers Irish bar is a nice place for a drink and to people watch on a night.
By the way if you have a late flight coming home you will be told to get showered and changed in the showers for the sauna which is right off the reception and indoor and this is not lockable so you will have kids running in and out. The least they could do is have a courtousy room to use.
All in all, it's a family hotel and would be great for families with young kids and you get what you pay for. I knew what I was going to get and didn't have high expectations. We only used it as somewhere to get changed and a place to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alcudia Garden Aparthotel welcomes you to one of the most complete resorts in Playa de Alcudia: recently refurbished apartments with free Wi-Fi, gastronomy, wellness area, entertainment for all ages... An accommodation specially designed for families and sportspeople who want to make the most of their days in Majorca, with the best facilities and an excellent quality price ratio. This resort located near S'Albufera Natural Park is formed by 276 apartments, double rooms and suites equipped with state-of-the-art services, a design adapted to all type of guests and versatile spaces ideal to be shared with children, your couple or friends. All these modern, spacious and well-cared apartments are located 80 metres away from Playa de Alcudia. They are surrounded by 8.000 square metres of exclusive terraces, gardens, solarium areas, swimming pool, games area for children, sports facilities... They offer you the perfect combination for resting, having fun and enjoying the north of Majorca without worries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Alcudia Garden Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcudia Garden Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Alcudia Garden Puerto
- Alcudia Garden Aparthotel Majorca, Spain