Alcudia Garden Aparthotel
US$82
US$76
  • Free Internet
Apartamentos Palm Garden(Port d'Alcudia)
US$88
  • Pool
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
Hotel Ca'n Pere(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Restaurant
Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$82
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Eix Alcudia Hotel - Adults Only(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$63
US$103
  • Beachfront
Apartamentos Ferrer Tamarindos(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
  • Pool
Botel Alcudiamar Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)
US$240
US$207
  • Breakfast included
BelleVue Lagomonte(Port d'Alcudia)
US$111
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsself cateringendless shopsreception staff were so helpfulcatering facilitiesindoor poolgerman guestsliving rooma lovely staynice bathroomhigh seasonfabulous beachfantastic locationground floorminute walk from the beachchanged every daygreat poolpaella
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We thought we had a few mosquito's in the room. On the day we left I had to take my daughter to the Spanish doctor as her face and legs were covered in bite marks after a hellish night in the apartment. We (3) were all bitten but she was badly bitten on her eye, face, arms and legs. It wasn't mosquito's - it was bed bugs.
The bedroom window was screwed shut. The air-conditioning/heating wasn't connected or didn't work so we were stuffed.
End of season. Nobody could give a damn. Inexcusable. Avoid this dump like the plague.

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs. Spray the mattress. Make sure the air con/heating work.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank TommyCrewe_England
Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed the last week of october. Hotel is great. Beautiful pool and garden, easily the largest and biggest in the neighbourhood. Lots of amenities. Great location, close to beach and bars/resraurants. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Didn't try any meals, so can't comment on those. Beds were not so good, but we still slept well. Would recommend to bring muscitonet and repellants because there were a lot of muscitos.

• Stayed: October 2012
5  Thank Sulucrew
Reviewed 14 October 2012

We have been to this hotel twice now (first visit was fairly good) & can honestly say that if you are British, then it's probably not for you. We came here as our travel agent uses them, as the disabled access is very good. The rooms are good, the pool is good & we didn't have any trouble at all with the sun beds, but didn't like that people were reserving them with bags & things, (one woman had six!) & then finding that after some time, they would go off to dinner having only used one or two. The food is okay, if you don't mind eating either German, Dutch or Spanish every day. Main dishes had a title like rabbit stew (Spanish), or Schnitzel (German). But salads were unmarked with all different dressings & it was anybody's guess what they were. Desserts were mainly German, which is actually meant as a compliment here, as they do great desserts. Breakfasts came in all types, but the 'English breakfast' was nothing like I'm used to, with baked beans only once in a fortnight & chorizos instead of english sausage. Treatment by the staff was just bearable, one manager is really nice & helpful, but some of the receptionists just ignore you, even when you're standing less than a foot away & serve the (non-English) person behind you. One lady even refused us more toilet rolls, when my disabled (wheelchair using) partner had been ill on the Saturday. I asked for them in both English & Spanish, but to no avail. She simply told me that because we had refused entry to the cleaner on Saturday (do not disturb sign), that we were 'not allowed' any more until Monday & all this with a big smirk on her face. I was refused access to the manager on Monday to complain, & was simply told that the lady didn't understand me. Wrong answer! I speak fairly good Spanish so that was rubbish, they seemed to dislike us from the moment we arrived, I think this was because we had been given a room on the back of the hotel & immediately asked for a pool view room, (which we didn't get). This then had us 'marked down' as trouble. TV is useless for Brits as even their one English channel, (CNN) was mostly showing 'no signal' when we were there. I notice someone said that there is no kettle on their review. I don't know how you would ask for one either as, strangely, they don't seem to have any such thing. If you ask for a kettle, they think you're saying 'Que Tal?' Which means how are you? in Spanish. Self catering is a no-no too as there is no oven or toaster either. But Alcudia is a lovely place & we would love to go back, but to a more 'English' hotel. I tried to upload photos of the hotel room we had, but the uploader doesn't seem to work.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a pool room when booking, or you'll just get a view of the road.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gilbert A
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Recently returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. It is safe to stay I shall never, ever return.
I've been to Alcudia previously therefore was quite lookiing forward to returning.
On arrival the hotel staff were pleasant, but it didn't last. We got to our room, one of the other guests in our party is in a wheelchair. We got to the room and dont the usual check's, at first we were quite happy. But when we went to go out on to the terrace we found there was a white shutter style panel on the outside of the patio door. This meant that our friend whom is disabled was unable to join us out on the terrrace.
Also when checking the room we noticed there was no kettle or toaster (things that I had just assumed would be essential in a sc accomodation)
We went to the reception and enquired about them perhaps removing the shutter or even giving us another room, but they were rude and unhelpful. They claimed not to understand me, I used the translator on my phone but agin they could not understand.
Enquired about the kettle and toaster, they then understood me !!!! Was told that these items were available to hire, I personally found this laughable but had to hire them.

The hotel itself didnt seem like a hotel at all, It felt like a hopital/nursing home. The furniture is dated and in need of a re vamp.. The tv has loads of channels, but in german or spanish :( no good to us !

I myself will never ever return to alcudia, found the staff of the hotel and neighbouring shops rude and unhelpful..

This hotel caters for the german tourists, not once out of the whole week were we asked to take part in any of the activites around the pool. In the evening the shows were in german and finished about 9:30. The sun loungers were all take by 9am, when the signs clearly state no reserving of loungers. On one occasions I did my self get up to reserve the beds, I went out at 7am and on a few loungers were available then.

There was three of us on holiday and since returning home, two of us have both attended our gp. we have been badly bitten and these bites became infected. My gp thinks these bites were from bed bugs, so beware !!!

I have never been as glad to get home. Safe to say, I SHALL NEVER RETURN.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank missmccusker
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel must have earned its three (and a half) stars for the wonderful pool which is absolutely fantastic for kids and its convenient location close to the beach and city center with plenty of shops and restaurants. However, while the pool itself is fantastic, the area around it is certainly not. As many other people on this site have mentioned, the struggle for sun beds starts in the early morning and continues all day. Only those who are willing to get up before breakfast and place their towels across the beds will have one. When all the sun beds are taken the fight for the sun chairs begins.

One day when we (two adults and two kids) arrived at the pool at 2 pm. all beds and chairs were taken. We asked a woman if she would be kind enough to give us two of her chairs (she had three – one to sit on, one for her legs and one for her handbag). She insisted on having all three. We got quite upset and started discussing with her. After a while she gave up, and gave us ONE chair - the chair she used for her handbag.

Now, who wants to spend every day of a holiday fighting for sun beds and discussing with the other guest by the pool? We don’t. The hotel management should really prevent this from happening and introduce some rules about the sun beds. And more important, the hotel management should make sure that the rules are followed.

The apartments are ok, but quite small and the furniture a little outdated. We had a premium apartment with a small garden. The “lawn”, though, was made of plastic and got so warm in the sun that we could hardly walk on it.

We only tried the restaurant once, but decided not to continue with all inclusive. The food was not good, the queue for drinks was too long and the place was too noisy. But the staff seemed friendly.

The cleaning staff was also quite friendly and helpful. And our apartment was spotless.

If you plan to visit a quality dinner show we can recommend Son Amar and the show “We are the World” which was quite an experience for all ages and the artists were top professional. Spectacular! We had bought the tickets through No Frills Excursions who did the excursion so well. I believe they charge less than the hotel, but check it out.

If you like Spanish food we would recommend Ca’n Punyetes who make authentic Spanish tapas at a reasonable price.

Our conclusion is that the hotel is a three star hotel and nothing else. It has earned three and a half stars with some travel agencies, but they are not rightfully deserved. The children’s pool is great, yes – there is plenty of room for all the kids and they can easily reach the bottom in the whole area. Big palm trees provide shade so that they don’t get sunburned. And the hotel location is very good if you, like we did, prefer to eat at the nearby restaurants However, the apartments are old, the food is bad and the atmosphere around the pool is terrible due to the lack of sun beds. We will never go back again.

If you decide to go, you must remember to bring mosquito repellent. There are quite many mosquitoes!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family