Went here for a week in April 2013. Got there in the early hours and was greeted by a rough looking man on reception who was obviously being kept up and couldn't wait to get us off his hands so he could go to bed. Wasn't a welcoming first impressesion and we were left wandering round the complex for about 15 minutes trying to find our room as he didn't really say where we needed to be going. Him aside (who we didn't see again for the rest of the holiday), the staff were in general very helpful, ordered taxis for us etc, although some more friendly than others. Ate at the buffet two nights for 13 euros (inc drinks). Standard of food was good but again service wasn't great. I noticed a lot of the woman were happy to help and very sociable and chatty, but the majority of the men were very much up themselves and felt pretty intimidated, as if they were constantly judging me. Plenty of room around the pool. Being in the middle of April, the sunbeds were only about 20% taken. Main pool was absolutely freezing due to being kept out the sun for periods because of trees. Other two pools were in the sun but looked dirty. Pool area inside was nice and heated. The room was extremley basic, and didnt have any catering facilities or equipment despite being labelled as a self catered room. Also was ment to be a double bed, but was actually two singles just pushed together, meaning a massive gap would often appear between them in the middle of the night as the beds were pretty lightweight. The mattress aswell was also horrible, easily the worst ive EVER slept on, but after a long busy day in the sun I was still able to fall asleep. The bathroom door didn't lock which wasn't really an issue for me but could be annoying for others. An awful smell came from the bathroom after the second day and the vent above the door was loose and made a large bang from the draft everytime a door was opened. The cleaners came in every day but did very little, and they didn't change our sheets at all during the week, just kept remaking the bed. Seemed all they did was push everything into one area of the room to make it look as if they've cleaned it. The area surrounding the hotel itself was very peaceful and ideal for a quiet getaway, but if you want something with a little bit more going on in the evening i'd recommend the Belle Vue area which is where the majority of the restaurants, pubs and bars were located. Close to the hotel, there's a few nice restaurants along the beach which make you feel very welcoming albeit just so they get a massive tip (which I didn't mind paying for good service), and there was a nice little takeaway fast food place directly opposite the hotel called Burger Luna which offered a cheap selection of food, also ran by a few nice people. Towards the busier area of Alcudia near Belle Vue, i'd definitely recommend a pub/bar called The Champion. Lovely Spanish man who I couldn't speak highly enough of. Seemed very genuine and was really nice. In general, the hotel wasn't so bad that I would recommend looking elsewhere, but I've stayed in better hotels for a lot less in Spain before, and it's just not worth the money imo. Just expected a lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alcudia Garden Aparthotel welcomes you to one of the most complete resorts in Playa de Alcudia: recently refurbished apartments with free Wi-Fi, gastronomy, wellness area, entertainment for all ages... An accommodation specially designed for families and sportspeople who want to make the most of their days in Majorca, with the best facilities and an excellent quality price ratio. This resort located near S'Albufera Natural Park is formed by 276 apartments, double rooms and suites equipped with state-of-the-art services, a design adapted to all type of guests and versatile spaces ideal to be shared with children, your couple or friends. All these modern, spacious and well-cared apartments are located 80 metres away from Playa de Alcudia. They are surrounded by 8.000 square metres of exclusive terraces, gardens, solarium areas, swimming pool, games area for children, sports facilities... They offer you the perfect combination for resting, having fun and enjoying the north of Majorca without worries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alcudia Garden Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alcudia Garden Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Alcudia Garden Puerto
- Alcudia Garden Aparthotel Majorca, Spain