This was terrible for the money we paid for it, which was €5400 for 15 days, all-inclusive, in late July/early August. We had a 3 room appt in the building across the street from the main building (Palm Garden).
The palm garden bar closes at 18:00 forcing you to go to the main building for a drink. This wouldn’t be a problem if there were enough tables and chairs for all the guests, but there aren’t during the main season, so you either have to go elsewhere and pay for your drinks or just stand there all night.
The swimming pools are kept well, but all the tanning beds are gone by 7am. So if you want sun beds around the main pool area, you better get up early. Luckily there’s a beautiful beach nearby.
The rooms are old, small and not very well kept. There’s often no water pressure or warm water after 6pm. The beds are horrible, no other word for it, really. Very cheap, very hard, dirty and dusty... and you can feel the springs in them. If fact, in two of our mattresses the springs actually came through the fabric. We heard similar complaints from other guests, so I don’t think it was just our room. It was hell having to sleep there, but the lobby staff said that there was nothing they could do. All rooms were booked, so we couldn’t get another room. Crazy.
Our airconditioning was broken. We reported it 5 times over two weeks, every time the maintenance guy came over and did, well, basically nothing. He measured the temperature, noticed the air coming from the airco was 30ºC and left. We had to keep all doors and windows open to get some fresh air, but there were so many mosquitos there, and no screens in front of the windows, so you were eaten alive. After a few times he discovered the incredibly filthy airco filter (yuck, we actually breathed air that came through that filter) but finally after 10 days they came to the conclusion that the airco unit was broken.
In the second week the heat got so bad in Mallorca, and in our apartment, that I made a huge fuss in the lobby. Apparently this helped, because finally, on the 12th day of our vacation the air condition was working. Too bad we only had 2 and a half days of our vacation left at that point.
The food is pretty bad: stale bread, everything that is so supposed to be fresh: cucumber slices, grated carrots, lettuce etc, is dried out and tastes old. The rest is greasy and unhealthy, frozen fish that is overcooked, things like that. Mainly there’s pasta and French fries. But there are plenty of great restaurants in the area, so this shouldn’t be a problem. Just don’t take the all-inclusive, pick up your own bread for lunch and breakfast and go to restaurants at night.
Another annoyance was that the all-inclusive guests were served other drinks than paying customers. Cocktails barely contained alcohol and the drinks were brandless, cheap alcohol. Keep that in mind! The dining room only has 1 soda machine, so there’s quite a line in front of that as well. Also, they don’t always turn on the airconditioning during meals, so it can get hot in there.
The staff (except for some of the lobby staff) is very friendly and are great with children. The beds are made and you get fresh towels 5 times a week, but there's little to no cleaning in those two weeks.
The animation team is wonderful, but mainly for children (and the focus lies on the many German guests). There’s no live music or anything for the adults at night, so the evenings can be quite boring. As soon as the airco was working we noticed that the moment you opened the balcony door, the airco stopped working. So keep in mind that, if you have very small kids, you’ll be stuck in the room as soon as they go to bed, or the apartment will quickly heat up.
All in all, this hotel was definitely not worth the money they charge for it. We’ll not be returning here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Garden Apartments stand just 80 metres from Alcúdia beach, on Majorca’s north coast. The superb facilities, a packed programme of activities with something to suit all ages and its proximity to the S’Albufera Nature Park guarantee a fantastic holiday for all the family.The aparthotel offers guests spacious fully-equipped apartments and rooms and full use of all the facilities at the Alcúdia Garden complex. Set in more than 8,000 m2 of grounds, large terraces surround the aparthotel’s outdoor pool, children’s play area and the bar and buffet-restaurant. Indoor facilities at this complex include a heated pool, sauna and jacuzzi, fitness room and garage with bicycle washing and cleaning area and repair workshop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Apartamentos Palm Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Palm Garden Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Apartamentos Palm Garden Majorca, Spain