We stayed as a couple during the Mallorca Ironman in May 2013. The hotel is pretty central to the town and right on the beach. There is a small car park available to the side of the hotel, but plenty of parking to the front. (be wary however, as we had our hire car vandalised whilst parked in the hotel car park).
First impressions are great. A modern, calm and relaxed hotel lobby. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. they checked us in quickly and we were offered a glass of Cava or juice. All the staff speak very good English and German and were ready to help you whatever your request.
The room (standard double, sea view no. 221) was light and airy and had a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the pool area and beach. The bathroom was a little on the small side and could probably do with a update to the fixture and fittings. The tea & coffee facilities are serviced by a Senseo coffee machine. I would recommend taking a few round tea bags and a pack of Senseo coffee pods with you, or purchase them from one of the many supermarkets a short walk from the hotel. They are available to buy directly from the hotel but are rather overpriced.
There is a small fridge provided. The hotel also gives you a free round of the room mini bar (2 bottles of beer and 2 cokes) which is a nice touch.
There is a hairdryer in the bathroom, however if you like to dry your hair with warm air I would suggest you pack your own.
The Vanity Golf is an adult only hotel, which is one of the reasons we chose it, that and it's location right on the beach. The pool area is clean, well laid out and carefully maintained. There are plenty of loungers and the 'beds' at the beach front are very comfortable and luxurious. Especially when enjoyed with several free glass of Cava which is available all day from the hotel bar. In fact be prepared for all the jealous comments and photographs that get taken by other tourists passing by! :) The Pool is unheated, so was still very cold in May. The pool is not large enough for lap swimming, but perfect for a cooling-off dip.
The beach, literally is, outside the hotel garden gate. The beach is extremely clean and was cleaned every other nigh. It is a beautiful white powder sand and there are sun-loungers with straw parasols scattered along it. The sea is beautifully clear and as with many Spanish beaches you are able to walk a fairly long way out before the sea deepens. Entry from the hotel to the beach is operated with the same key card that opens your hotel room.
There is also a very small gym, with sauna and Jacuzzi situated on the ground floor of the hotel.
We stayed on a B&B rate were both very pleased with the choice available. All the usual; Fruit, cakes & pastries, hot and cold buffet, cereals, yogurts, juices and a selection of cold meats, cheeses and breads.
We did not try the restaurant at night, but it always looked fairly busy.
The resort of Alcudia itself is fairly compact, easy to walk around and there is a lovely promenade along the beach if you like to take a stroll, or a morning/evening jog. There are plenty of restaurants. They all more or less have the same menu, tapas, pizza, paella, pasta, meat & fish. Some are better than others. There are also a few nice bars and restaurants on the path that runs alongside the yachts and sail boat marina. There are also market stalls along here making it a pleasant stroll in the evenings.
Alcudia old town is worth a visit. A pretty walled town that has narrow streets with shops selling the usual fare. There are also lots of cafes and restaurants. We ate out in Sa Taverna one evening for my birthday and had a lovely Tapas meal in their beautiful courtyard garden. Be aware though that the prices in the old town, do seem significantly dearer than back in the Playa.
Having never visited Mallorca before we were both pleasantly surprised by Alcudia and said that we would return and would definitely stay at the Hotel Vanity Golf, but would push the boat out and go for one of the roof top suites with private Jacuzzi!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vanity Hotel Golf offers a unique and exclusive experience for adults seeking a different and special kind of holiday on Majorca. An experience based on a passion for elegance and sensuality, pleasure and well-being. Its privileged beach front location offers to the customers of the Vanity Hotel Golf breathtaking views over the bay of Alcudia. Recently renovated, class and comfort are its hallmark throughout, from its garden area with swimming pool, sun terrace and Balinese sun loungers, to its elegant public areas, bar and restaurants, culminating in contemporary style rooms, the highlight of which are the Royal Terrace suites with private terrace, heated Jacuzzi and Balinese sun bed. The Vanity Hotel Golf also features a gym, sauna and Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, LoveHolidays and Ebookers so you can book your Vanity Hotel Golf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vanity Hotel Puerto Alcudia
- Viva Golf
- Vanity Hotel Golf Majorca, Spain