“Clean, compact and well run hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vanity Hotel Golf

Vanity Hotel Golf
Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
London
“Clean, compact and well run hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed as a couple during the Mallorca Ironman in May 2013. The hotel is pretty central to the town and right on the beach. There is a small car park available to the side of the hotel, but plenty of parking to the front. (be wary however, as we had our hire car vandalised whilst parked in the hotel car park).

First impressions are great. A modern, calm and relaxed hotel lobby. The reception staff are very friendly and helpful. they checked us in quickly and we were offered a glass of Cava or juice. All the staff speak very good English and German and were ready to help you whatever your request.
The room (standard double, sea view no. 221) was light and airy and had a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the pool area and beach. The bathroom was a little on the small side and could probably do with a update to the fixture and fittings. The tea & coffee facilities are serviced by a Senseo coffee machine. I would recommend taking a few round tea bags and a pack of Senseo coffee pods with you, or purchase them from one of the many supermarkets a short walk from the hotel. They are available to buy directly from the hotel but are rather overpriced.
There is a small fridge provided. The hotel also gives you a free round of the room mini bar (2 bottles of beer and 2 cokes) which is a nice touch.
There is a hairdryer in the bathroom, however if you like to dry your hair with warm air I would suggest you pack your own.

The Vanity Golf is an adult only hotel, which is one of the reasons we chose it, that and it's location right on the beach. The pool area is clean, well laid out and carefully maintained. There are plenty of loungers and the 'beds' at the beach front are very comfortable and luxurious. Especially when enjoyed with several free glass of Cava which is available all day from the hotel bar. In fact be prepared for all the jealous comments and photographs that get taken by other tourists passing by! :) The Pool is unheated, so was still very cold in May. The pool is not large enough for lap swimming, but perfect for a cooling-off dip.
The beach, literally is, outside the hotel garden gate. The beach is extremely clean and was cleaned every other nigh. It is a beautiful white powder sand and there are sun-loungers with straw parasols scattered along it. The sea is beautifully clear and as with many Spanish beaches you are able to walk a fairly long way out before the sea deepens. Entry from the hotel to the beach is operated with the same key card that opens your hotel room.
There is also a very small gym, with sauna and Jacuzzi situated on the ground floor of the hotel.

We stayed on a B&B rate were both very pleased with the choice available. All the usual; Fruit, cakes & pastries, hot and cold buffet, cereals, yogurts, juices and a selection of cold meats, cheeses and breads.
We did not try the restaurant at night, but it always looked fairly busy.

The resort of Alcudia itself is fairly compact, easy to walk around and there is a lovely promenade along the beach if you like to take a stroll, or a morning/evening jog. There are plenty of restaurants. They all more or less have the same menu, tapas, pizza, paella, pasta, meat & fish. Some are better than others. There are also a few nice bars and restaurants on the path that runs alongside the yachts and sail boat marina. There are also market stalls along here making it a pleasant stroll in the evenings.

Alcudia old town is worth a visit. A pretty walled town that has narrow streets with shops selling the usual fare. There are also lots of cafes and restaurants. We ate out in Sa Taverna one evening for my birthday and had a lovely Tapas meal in their beautiful courtyard garden. Be aware though that the prices in the old town, do seem significantly dearer than back in the Playa.

Having never visited Mallorca before we were both pleasantly surprised by Alcudia and said that we would return and would definitely stay at the Hotel Vanity Golf, but would push the boat out and go for one of the roof top suites with private Jacuzzi!

Room Tip: the higher up your room, the better the view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank MrsCWS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
East Sussex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Upon first impressions this hotel is a little oasis of tranquillity and immediately relaxing. The reception is relaxing, clean, spacious and welcoming, and with sea views it immediately makes you feel you made the right choice in booking.

I arrived about 2pm, so fairly quiet time for the reception area, and I was given a warm welcome, offered a glass of orange juice, and check in was efficient. I was also offered free wi-fi, key for the bike storage area and everything was explained to me clearly. I was also informed that complimentary coke, water and beer was in the mini fridge for me.

Bike storage is on the lower ground floor accessed at the side of the hotel away from the main reception. You do have to down a narrow light of 6 or 7 steps, which is a tad tricky, but not a big deal. The storage seems secure, and the door was always locked (you use your room key to open it). If renting a bike through the hotel chain, the collection was from the sister hotel the Viva Tropic, but it is only 5 minutes walk.

I paid for a sea view room, and I am so glad I did, it was really spacious, and the balcony did offer lovely sea views. Twin beds, small sofa for relaxing, desk, mini TV, plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. Bathroom and room was generally clean, and cleaned daily.

There were a few minor issues, but I feel these little issues all add up and highlights service that is excellent form average and I guess why I marked it down from the full 5 stars to just 4. Don't get me wrong, I would still go back, but these little things are all important and unnecessary.

The complimentary refreshments were not in my mini bar, no big deal you might think, but I had to ask three times over three days before they were finally brought to my room. There were toiletries in the bathroom, but no soap (not that I found), just shampoo. Also, there was a large and ugly rust stain around the bath taps. Like I said, not big problems, but all these little things can add up.

I paid for all inclusive and the small additional amount I paid for my evening meals is well worth it, all you want to eat buffet. Fairly big choice and lovely tasting food. After a long days cycling, its nice to know you can enjoy plenty of good quality food in the evening.

Mainly older German guests from what I could tell, as others have commented, but that's fine by me. I am not into fellow English tourists getting drunk!

I was allowed to have a late check out for 25 Euros, which again is fine by me, it allowed me a full days cycling before a late flight home.

Port d'Alcudia resort itself was ok, but I am not sure does anything for me, not much to do, and did not seem to offer anything to attract me back, but I was only there for cycling training so this relaxing hotel and great cycle routes around Majorca are perfect.

So apart from a few minor issues, this is a lovely hotel and I would certainly go back again and I am already looking at getting a cheap flight to return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank AJ73
Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed there as a couple last october, this year we have already booked another week in this little paradise. Food and staff are great, location also. Even in the second half of october, the beach was clean and reachable right from the hotel garden. I would recomend it for the people who do prefer quiet and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank trpazlik1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night. It's an adult only hotel which is right on the beach. Food is nice, rooms are quite classy but don't let the front of the hotel put you off. See past this and you've got a nice hotel. There is no gym or indoor pool so bare that in mind if you're coming out of season.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank MediaMotos
Viva h, Gerente at Vanity Hotel Golf, responded to this review, 13 October 2014
Dear MediaMotos,
Thank you very much for having written your opinion about our Vanity Hotel Golf and we are glad that your stay was successful. Regarding your comments about the lack of gym and swimming pool, we are pleased to inform you that since the spring of 2014 our facilities have been increased with a gym of 60 m2 fully equipped for exercise, and especially suitable for cyclists. Similarly, also since last winter, our outdoor pool is heated up to a temperature of 28 degrees during the winter months. Hoping to welcoming you again in Vanity Golf,
Yours faithfully.
Antonio Marti
Hotel manager
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

A lovely adult only hotel, we stayed here for our last holiday as a couple before having our son and it is an excellent location. Right on the beach with gates from the pool/garden areas leading right on to the beach. The hotel food is excellent and the weekly barbecue located around the pool is amazing, they decorate the whole area and the food is lovely. We did not opt for a roof top terrace room but they look amazing and if we do return we would definitely opt for one of these.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Helenturnbull
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

We splashed out on one of the 11 suites with private rooftop terrace. Although initially disappointed by the space (more on that later) we relaxed into it and thoroughly enjoyed the extra level and sitting up there after a day on the beach with a glass of cava looking across at the beach was nothing short of bliss.
This may be a bit picky but our suite was the second one along the corridor from the lifts and quite near the corner. my first impressions of the view was looking down on other guests balconys in the right hand wing. The best suites would be those in the middle of the block with an unobstructed view out to the ocean. The corner suites are obstructed by the hotel wings both left and right. However, after a couple of days I started to notice the positive part of the view out to the ocean.
I was also disappointed in the room itself as it was small for a suite, so thank goodness for the additional space provided by the terrace. The sitting area and bedding are very tired looking and the bathroom was small.
I also didn't find the room that clean when we first arrived but perhaps they just hadn't finished the job that day because the toiletries and mini bar drinks were also missing. During the rest of our stay the room was cleaned to a high standard as was every other part of the hotel, restaurant and grounds.
Complimentary to the suite was one fill of all the drink in the mini bar which was a nice touch and three puzzling apples in a bowl!!
We were staying on a bed and breakfast rate and the breakfasts were absolutely fantastic every day. We ate in the sister restaurant next door a couple of times for dinner and it was also very good.
All the staff we encountered at the hotel were not only very professional, they were friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to make your stay perfect.
The hotel location couldn't be better situated for a beach holiday, literally out the hotel back gate and right on the clean, sandy, safe beach. It's not a private beach so you are sharing it with families but it is a bit right by the hotel than further along to the right of the hotel where it gets very busy.
The resort of Port D'Alcudia was bustling and full of good places to eat. There didn't appear to be any nightclubs in the port area, it was definitely geared toward young families, though dining was later, peaking at about nine o clock.
We walked into Old Alcudia a few times both during the day and evening as it ticks all the character boxes. We also found a great selection of athentic restaurants away from the touristy crowd of the Port.
All in all it was a lovely relaxing holiday, we are professionals in our 40s and the break definitely charged the batteries. I'm not sure I'd return to Port D' Alcudia anytime soon though because it really is a resort geared toward young families. But if I did, I would have no hesitation in booking Vanity Golf again....

Room Tip: The suites with private terrace are nice for the extra room and views but try and reserve one that i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank susanna19
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Awesome hotel. My wife and I went for a short stay. Staff super friendly Victor and Xavier. The hotel was used by the Team GB cycling team as a training base. Lots of great bikes to hire locally (EUR26 for a fully carbon road bike) and great roads for amazing routes. We upgraded to a suite on arrival and as it was anniversary received a gift from the hotel - lovely! the hotel is 4m from the beach. Alcudia is small and nice, not too busy. The hotel is the best place to eat in the area IMO. going back? absolutely!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple