Kid friendly family orientated hotel, but busy.
Very good place for kids and families. Room was adequate, food was good, choice was good, cleanliness was good, hotel was always cleaned regularly. Bars are sometimes busy but the cues do go down quick. We did the two hour boat trip which was nice to get out of the sunshine, this would also be suitable if a cold day. Take your swimming stuff as you do get chance for a dip. If you show the Club Mac reception your excursion receipt you get a decent pack lunch (the unmarked tin is tuna!). Any leftover bread we had, we fed to the seagulls of the boat and the fish when we stopped.
So much to do, everyday there were many activities to do, the Dads tended to do the shooting and pool games, polo, etc. Most of the kids activities in the Club Mac Village are free. There is a club run by First Choice also that can be paid for 5-10 Euros which you can leave your children in for 3 hours. This was great on hot days for getting your kids out of the sunshine as their building was also air conditioned and cool.
Free bus to and from the hotel just ran all day. The beach was very clean the sea was clear and clean, very nice. Walk out of the hotel gates and turn left until you get to Burger King, then walk back along the parallel road towards many shops and you eventually get to the old canals.
The swimming pools were a little cold, but there were so many different places to sit by the pool you could spend days pool hopping. There is a park area on campus, great for tiring out excited kids, theres a small market daily by the lakeside.
Agreed with previous comments that some other families get drunk whilst their kids run riot. So when your telling your kids not to run on the stage steps all you get is “but they are doing it”. Was shocked that some other parents did not mind their young children (5 year olds) unplugging and plugging in the arcade machines by themselves if they weren’t working. Other families tended to have no respect when returning home at night and were excessively loud. There are a lot of children there, if you don’t like kids, seriously don’t go.
Don’t sit by the kids pools if your not prepared to get splashed occasionally. The hotel sells water pistols which have quite a fair range. I saw a few cross faces round the kids pool after they had got a soaking! My view is, move away from the kids area if you are not prepared to get a splash!
Haggle at Alcudia market, before asking a price for an item, think what you would pay for it, I saw a top I would pay 20 euros for, he asked for 60, I refused to pay more than 20 and got it at 20. I would have walked away if it was any more.
Pedalos by the lake - are free 10am til 1pm. Not the motor boat though.
Hair braiding – it hurts! Take a brush and brush your hair through before they do it as they really don’t take care and rip your hair if it is not brushed. I paid 10 euros on the prom for half my head (starting price was 20).
Give your kids a t-shirt to wear in the pools, it really is hot and I saw many burnt children.
Take a taxi to Port D’Alcudia which is their main promenade strip. Here is where you find many restaurants and shops. There is also a fun fair part, many hair braiders, a small play park and other street traders (sunglasses, flashy rings etc.) something I wish I had done early on in the holidays as we only got chance to do it once.
Some other reviewers have complained at lack of entertainment indoors on cold evenings. Please be
aware that there are other entertainments frequently available within hotel complex, these people must have missed them off the information boards and sheets.
Overall it can be pretty hectic if you actually try and get all the activities in, it’s also suitable if you just want to lie round the pool, but it isn’t quiet. I think If we didn’t have reasonable weather we might have got bored after a couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Mac is an all inclusive complex located in Puerto Alcudia, Mallorca. The resort specialises in families and at their disposal there are 100.000 square meters with a wide offer for all tastes. Two natural lakes, one of them with kayaks, water bikes and pedalos, spacious gardens, nine swimming pools, including a splash pool for small children and a river pool, Children Village for children between 4 and 12 years old, two entertainment areas: a spectacular stage with professional shows and another area with live music or entertainment every night, two indoor bars, five outdoor bars, three restaurants, burger kiosk , tennis court, sand multi sports court, mini golf, running track, archery, small train around the complex for the younger ones, souvenir shop, etc.The complex has three buildings in which you will be able to find rooms to suit your requirements. Marte, Jupiter o Saturno, all of them with the same quality and good service and sharing all facilities between them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club MAC Alcudia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Mac Alcudia Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Mac Alcudia Hotel
- Hotel Mac Alcudia
- Club MAC Alcudia Majorca, Spain