“2 words!.....Butlins abroad!”

Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Newport
“2 words!.....Butlins abroad!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Being all inclusive I didn't expect to pay for sun lounger pads, buy our own beach towels or to watch tv in our room (good job we took a laptop and dvds for our 3yo), I also expected more toiletries in the bathroom, at least on our arrival (all you get is a small tablet of soap), our first room (422) was very small (far too compact and only enough room to squeeze past the bottom of the beds to get onto the so called balcony (tiny table and 2 chairs for a family of 4) so we moved to a family room (which cost us an extra €149 for the other 5 days) as having a seperate room for our 3yo boy was a must (if you get what I mean ) as neither of us could sleep being in such close vicinity, tossing and turning (fab having the seperate room but still that tiny balcony...lol), drinks at the bar were either very low alcohol or very watered down, not that we wanted to get VERY drunk but I only got tiddly once after I drunk 2 pints of strongbow in town in the karaoke bar, a lot of guests were actually buying cans and bottles of wine from the spar outside the resort and drinking it at the entertainment venues inside the resort, all in all, I think we've been spoiled with the First choice Holiday Villages we normally go to, so was a little bit disappointed but still would come back if it was a very cheap holiday.

3 Thank MorganDance
MacHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review.

All of your comments will be taken into account.

Customer Service Dept.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,238)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed for 12 nights unfortunately a vomiting bug was rife at the resort and we were all sick for a day or two besides this the resort was kept clean, staff were always polite and the food was excellent as was the entertainment not to mention the water park directly over the road. Hotel cant be blamed for a few rowdy idiots at night and done there very best to control the spread of the virus even manning the doors to the restaurants with staff with hand gel, would like to thank the cleaning staff especially Yessie who done a fantastic job when cleaning our room, I would recommed that the spar in the complex and over the road from the resort is highly priced, there is a Lidl not far and is very cheap for all goods needed.

Room Tip: I was advised to get a room away from the entertainment as the entertainment goes on till midnight...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lisagordonxx
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review.

All of your comments will be taken into consideration.

Lisa Calpìn,
Reading
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just got back from a week at club Mac. Let me start with the good points. The hotel is clean & the staff are very friendly. There is plenty to do on the resort for children. There is a wide variety of food on offer at breakfast & dinner (not so great at lunchtime)The waterpark is excellent. Free bus to the beach every half an hour & the beach is gorgeous! Nice little bars & shops close by.
Now for the bad points. This place is full of loud, inconsiderate groups of people. Many parents were drunk in the evening paying no attention to their kids. Shouting, swearing and rude. We went to bed around 11pm each night and the corridors were so loud with kids screaming & parents shouting it was impossible to get to sleep. I've lost count the amount of times we were woken up. The beds were very uncomfortable. My daughter got very poorly 3 days into the holiday with the sickness bug going around. We were told by Thomas Cook that there were no reports of bugs going around but by reading the recent reviews on here that is not true. It seems alot of people had this at the same time as my daughter. We stayed in the matte hotel on the 6th floor. There were just 2 lifts on each floor that could just fit about 1 buggy and 2 people in. Sometimes we would queue for ages just to get back to our room. Not what you need when you have 2 tired children and impossible to walk 6 flights of stairs with a buggy. On 2 of the days the lifts were not working (not all day but for an hour or so) which caused problems. One lady was stuck in the lift for a while with her children. The rooms are very basic & small. every time we came in the room we had a fight to get the buggy in. the beds were pushed together & there was no room to do anything. all our legs are covered in bruises where we were constantly walking into things! The restaurants reminded me of a school canteen. Plastic yellow chairs (apart from Jupiter hotel) no table cloths and kids running round all over the place. The drinks were rubbish. I had a piña colada one evening and it just tasted like a watered down coconut milk. Awful. The entertainment was loud & rubbish. I couldn't hear the person next to me talking. You literally had to shout as loud as you could to hear anyone.
Overall we enjoyed our holiday as we spent most if it out of the resort (beach, waterpark, restaurants out) If you are looking for somewhere to go where you want to be able to stay in the resort and not get a headache this is not the place to go. Would definitely not recommend to anyone and won't be going back.

4 Thank Ljpat

Thank you.

I have read your review in full and all your comments will be taken into consideration.

Best regards,

Customer Service Dept.

Travellers are raving about these Port d'Alcudia hotels

Brandon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

were do I start ..... firstly gnats bitten everywhere. no clean bed sheets in 11days until I went and asked why our room wasn't being cleaned and linen changed .. they might of popped into do a sweep about but that's it .. food was bland and under cooked which led to thread worm in our party of 11 and yes we used the sanitizer every time so off to the chemist to buy treatments ... sickness was rife even had one child throw up in my pancakes one morning after queuing 15minutes ... went and asked about the bug to first choice rep and was told it was brought over from the uk lol ...every night for a week we had a couple above our room who would come in a fight each other so no sleep ... both ways we had suitcases lost ...and to cap it all 2 days we had poo in the pool lazy pool/river and childrens pool .... weather was fine would I go back id rather stick pins in my eyes ...my little grans son also slipped in some poo in the mens toilets he was covered in human poo . filthy hole

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank deb2163
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

After going to a party holiday last year my friends and I decided we would have a relaxing chilled out holiday. My friends and i were happy with the cleanness of the rooms we were living in but could be made a bit bigger to accommodate those with several sleeping in a room. The food at the hotel was pretty average after beginning to get sick of the food after 3 days we decided to venture outside of the hotel to eat. We noticed that chefs were using the the same utensils for raw and cooked food and not washing between. This then resulting in a high break out of stomach bugs throughout the hotel with 3 of of 6 of us suffering from this. We also felt that children are not supervised and pick food up and place it back down when parents should really be supervising them at all times. The staff while eating were always quick to clear plates away which left you feeling rushed for time as they just wanted others in to eat.
The waterpark next to the hotel was superb as it is an unlimited access with your band. The beach is a bit if a walk but is totally worth the walk as this is where my friends enjoyed our time the most. As we are aged 18-19 years old it was natural that we find a club to enjoy ourselves in. This club is called banana club which is a fun club but drinks are a bit pricey to take full advantage of the all inclusive alcohol at the hotel. The entertainment at the hotel was good as it caters to all age ranges with singers, karaoke and comedians. There's always a lot of noise at nighttime with drunken parents screaming at their children and shouting after indulging in the free drink this is made worse with the thin walls in the hotel which means you hear every conversation and every sexual act which takes place. QUEUES EVERYWHERE. The hotel has no smoking areas for those who love to smoke which leaves others smelling and coughing due to the chain smokers. This i feel is terrible as children are subject to the chemicals at all times may it be by the pool or at the tables outside while watching the entertainment.. There is a lot men outside who intimidate you into buying things from them as they are there from the crack of dawn to 1 am at night this I feel is uncomfortable, they are then accompanied to the constant stench of drains which is always situated right outside of the hotels main entrance. FINALLY my friends and I were subject to no chance of a late checkout as they made us checkout at 11am in the morning and our flight home wasn't till the next day which left us with no option of a shower as it is public with no lockers and no cubicles to change in. This is the biggest let down of the holiday as staff were not willing to help us with this. Reps are useless as they don't make themselves approachable to speak to and reception staff are not as friendly as they could be.
All in all it was a decent holiday and a relaxing one which we enjoyed.

4 Thank Lauren G
Aberdeenshire scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I really must write my review about this resort! It's getting a bad name about it due to the sickness bug!! We arrived home on Tuesday after spending a week in the Marte building. 5* in my eyes! Yes rooms are a tad small but I only booked a standard! Double bed and bunks which did the job. After all we only sleep there! As for this bug, I didn't see or hear anything whilst I was there. And to be honest I nearly cancelled our holiday due to the reviews I read. So so glad I didn't! Staff are great! Restaurants clean and staff don't stop for a minute! Still cleaners going around at 11pm! The only mess I seen was in the ladies toilets in the Jupiter hotel and this was due to guests!! Absolutely appalling the mess that was left for the maids! The food was always good, yes sometimes basic but was always great. And I'm a very fussy eater! Please don't be put off by the bad reviews. My kids had a ball always plenty for them to do! We are even booking up to go back next year! Thank you for a lovely stay Club mac :-)

Stayed June 2014
9 Thank Diane B
Dear Madam,

Thank you for this fabulous Club Mac review.

We are so pleased that you and your young family had such a lovely holiday here with us.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Customer Service Dept,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Currently at club Mac with my 2 boys age 4 and 9, we came last year and will certainly come again! It is very clean, lots of choice regarding food and drink and loads for the kids too do! Staff work really hard to ensure it stays clean and our room is cleaned everyday and beds made! My youngest had this sickness bug that everyone's ranting about for 24 hours, I don't for 1 second blame the staff or hotel, we don't blame schools when our kids get sick back home do we???? I would recommend to anyone with kids who like being entertained and enjoy their food! Keep up the good work club Mac you can't please everyone!

5 Thank kellyknights
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for this great Club Mac review.

I am so pleased that you and your family had a good holiday.

We hopeto welcome you back soon to Club Mac.

Kindest regard,

Customer Service Dept.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Sol Alcudia Center Apartamentos
Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults
Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults
#1 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,012 reviews

Been to Club MAC Alcudia? Share your experiences!