Club MAC Alcudia
US$64
US$57
  • Free Internet
Alcudia Garden Aparthotel(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
US$172
US$155
Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$136
  • Pool
Eix Alcudia Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$111
  • Restaurant
Iberostar Ciudad Blanca(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Beachfront
Apartamentos Palm Garden(Port d'Alcudia)
US$152
US$143
  • Pool
BQ Delfin Azul Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$126
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Botel Alcudiamar Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)
US$302
US$294
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Ferrer Tamarindos(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$107
TripAdvisor
6,661 results
All reviewsjupiter hotelwater parkcircus stagethe dragonfree entrycircus areatwo double bedspremium roomfamily holidayfree bus to the beachevery nightburger barwave pooldifferent themeevery half hourhydro parkgreat holiday
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel appeared to be very clean, and although small, the rooms were perfectly functional for a one week holiday. We booked Premium room but didn't receive one as advertised (ended up with a bunkbed rather than a sofa as the hotel advertises) but that's an issue for our tour operator. The rooms were cleaned daily and it did genuinely feel clean.

The bars were good, the drink quality was good. The bar staff were hit and miss. 90% of the hotel guests were British and on more than one occasion I overheard the bar staff make rude comments about other guests. (Unknown to the staff I am fluent in Spanish) but given how most people there wouldn't understand I can see why they would. It is still inappropriate though. The drink choices were brilliant though, including frozen cocktails for the adults and slush puppies for the kids.

Food. Breakfast was faultless every day (especially the saturno restaurant, definitely the best of the bunch).lunch was also ok, with a choice of a proper sit down lunch, a quick lunch or the pool side burger bar. Dinner was hugely underwhelming though. Every night a theme night but the food was identical in all 3 restaurants. Any food that was cooked in sauce was soggy (chorizo that actually fell apart on my fork), same with meatballs and any fish that was present. I don't understand why a hotel has 3 restaurants but doesn't offer 3 different choices/themes considering that they manage lunch. The Spanish theme was poor, the worst spanish food I have ever come across. Not inedible, but inauthentic.

The pools are fantastic, the entertainment was good (difficult to get a chair in the evening which is testament to that) and the "free" bus to the port was brilliant. Don't get caught out by the charge on the way back though. Just get a taxi back (4-5 euros, if there's 3 or more of you it's cheaper and if there's not it still means you can go back at your own time rather than be crushed in like a sardine!)
Having the hidropark included was also a brilliant feature, although a small water park, it wasn't too crowded meaning you could go for an hour or two a day rather than spend a whole day there.

Overall, it was a better hotel than I expected it to be. As long as you're on a cheap deal (we payed £400 for the week, wouldn't have payed much more) you're onto a winner.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the hidropark are noisy during the daytime but a lot quieter at night. C
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank staineswanderer
MacHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

On the whole I can see that you have had a good time here at our hotel and for that I am pleased.

In reference to your comments on the food. We always listen to our guests suggestions, we often change things because of customer feedback. I am sorry that you found the food disappointing as we work hard to offer a varied choice and strive to offer something to please everyone. We offer the same menus in all of the three main restaurants at breakfast and dinner times as we have a budget and if we were to offer a completely different menu in each restaurant then it would ultimately be reflected in the price of your holiday.

Having said that all of your comments will be passed on to the Food and beverages manager.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'll get straight to the point.

The food and choices were very good every day and at every meal. I read in an earlier review that for those staying two weeks there should be more variety as it was the same both weeks. To them I say get a grip. Every day there were lots of choices. We stayed a week and I didn't eat the same meal twice, and I'm a very fussy eater. Ignore those comments, the food is very good.

The bars offered the usual on a three star all inclusive and you can get up to four drinks at a time which is good. I never queued more than a few mins to get served.

The room was clean and functional, but a little small for the four of us and there wasn't enough storage space for everything, but it was manageable. The bathroom was also very good with a large shower and modern. Cleaning was carried out daily.

The kids clubs always had thing going on and the staff were really into getting the kids to have a good time.

The pools were good and access to the waterpark over the road is free which is good for the older kids. It's quite small but ok for a quick few visits. We walked to the beach every morning for a few hours. The beach is excellent and only about a ten minute walk away.

My wife and I both got ill during our stay but the kids were fine so whether this was the hotel or not I would not say either way. To those who say it's too much holiday drink I would point out that my wife and we're not on holiday on the beer like many were and are very much into our exercise so our drinking was limited to say the least. However like I say I am not pointing the finger either way.

My only gripe is the noise from other rooms and the corridor on a night. The rooms are not very soundproofed and you hear everything when people are coming in having made the most of the all inclusive. It wasn't just the adults either it was kids screaming and almost out of control. There are signs up asking for quiet on a night in the rooms but these are just ignored. Many people had a general lack of consideration for others after a night on the beer.

All in all you get what you pay for. If you want five star pay five star prices. If you want cheap, cheerful and down to earth then this is for you, just be prepared for noise on a night if you are back in the room early with young ones.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Richard V

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review, I have read all of your comments.

I am sorry that you had problems at night with noise ,We are aware that we have many families with young children, therefore, as you say we place signs by the lifts in order to remind people to be considerate of thier fellow guests, particularly at night. We have a night time manager on duty, and security guards that work all night. If guests have any issues we ask them to call number 9 on their phone which puts guests straight through to reception. A security guard will then be sent up immediately.

Once more thank you for taking the time to write a lengthy review.

Lisa Patricia Calpin,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for two weeks in June and I have to say I was very impressed. The entertainment staff were fantastic! The mini club in particular was a favourite with my 7 year old. All the team were great, especially Megan who was always so friendly! She worked really well with the kids and my daughter can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank ALS1234

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you it is such a pleasure to read this sort of feedback as all of our staff's aim to ensure that all of guests have a fabulous stay and a desire to return.

Once more, thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just returned from Club Mac after spending 10 days there in the Jupiter hotel with my husband and five children aged 11,10,9,7 and 4. The hotel was clean and the rooms were a good size my complaint was that there was no connecting room for families bigger than 6. The rooms were cleaned every day and bed linen was changed as often ad you wanted.The food was very good and a different theme every night - none of us went hungry. Lemonade, slushies and ice cream were available all day and as often as you wanted. Adult drink were the same . The staff were helpful and very pleasant and very clean. We had unlimited use of the water park across the road which again was brilliant for the kids. Overall an excellent hotel and would return again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank tonia2802

Dear Sir /Madam,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy that you had a nice stay here with us.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Returned today from 1 week at Club Mac.
Family of 3 (3 year old son).

Check in: Disorganised. Queued for 15 minutes then asked to fill in a form and queue again. Online check in app doesn't work on Android so couldn't do that. Needs improvement.

Room: Small room. TV from 1985 that didn't work. Uncomfortable bed. Crappy pillows. If you are in the Marte or Saturno and face the stage then don't expect to get much peace until at least 11.30.

Food: Disappointing quality. Ate at Marte and Jupiter restaurants. Would recommend Jupiter for lunch as there is more choice. Vegetarian choices were repetitive.

Grown up Entertainment: Mixed bag in terms of acts. Some half decent (Black Eyed Peas tribute) some downright woeful (Soulman).

Kids entertainment: What appeared to be a completely ad-libbed performance by 4 girls that seemed to be a rejected skit from the eurovision song contest. They performed an act that revolved around bullying each other and than singing a song. Went once, didn't return. (All this being said the kids might have enjoyed it).

Pools: Good pools, busy but in July you have to expect this. Our little boy loved the dragon pool.

Kids Clubs (Thomas cook): Our little boy went in twice and the staff seemed genuinely friendly and helpful.

Amenities: Nothing to write home about. Did the job.

Water Park: One benefit from all inclusive is the access to the water park which is 1 minute away. If I had to pay the 20 euros to get in (and 4.50 per lounger) I'd think it was over priced but as we had access any time we got our money's worth and the slides and wave pool are decent. Kids pools are good.

The Bug: We all managed to avoid the infamous bug until the last night when I got caught with it badly. Won't go into graphic details but it was not pleasant. Still suffering now. Clearly something needs to be done about this. The hotel hand out sanitizer but the guests have to police themselves. Kids use their hands (as do some adults) and you can see how this kind of thing might happen. It could have also been food poisoning to be honest. Watching the chef stick his fingers in the rice to check the heat was a low point.

Overall: A cheap holiday for people who want a basic all inclusive holiday with a family friendly atmosphere. I'd wait if you haven't booked yet for a late deal until this bug problem has gone. Why take the risk?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Carl S
MacHotels, Guest Satisfaction Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2014

Dear Carl,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to read that you were poorly on your last day. We have a strict health and hygiene protocol that we put in place in order to stop infection spreading from one family member to another, for this reason we ask guests to alert us of any illness in their party.

Guest Satisfaction Dept.