“Loved it! would definatly go back”
Review of Club MAC Alcudia

Club MAC Alcudia
Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Port d'Alcudia
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Arrived around 9pm and checked in, we were given room 105, as soon as we opened the door my heart sank. No balcony, no view. definately not what i had saved up all y ear for! Husband complained to reception who changed our room for us and we ended up with 505 and a pool view. so we were happy at that. ditched our cases and headed straight down.
Next day no fighting over sun loungers there was plenty to go around. Pool areas clean and tidy. Pool bar service was good.
Restaurant was in the Saturno Hotel which is where we were staying was clean and the staff were extermly friendly. yes there was always a big queue to get in but the queue moved fast.
great selection every day as well, always a theme night on. we loved it!
Entertainment you could either sit at Saturno or head over to the circus bar next to the lake! hypnotists etc and the red show looked fab!
I think there was some kind of bug going around but to be honest it never affected us so we never seen anything.
all in all, we loved club mac! and would definatly return xx

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank weecazberry
MacHotels, Guest Satisfaction Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Madam,

We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday here with us and that you plan to return.

We work hard to offer lots of variety in our restaurants so we are pleased that you enjoyed the different theme nights and our food in general.

I can confirm that at the moment in the complex we do not have any guests with stomach illness as you yourself saw during your stay.

Thank you for saying that you will definitely come back again.

Guest Satisfaction Dept.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,623)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at club Mac for 10night and had a brilliant time want to go back there again. The whole resort is very clean as the cleaner clean 24/7 the staff our very friendly. There are a lot of pools to choose from and we did not have to wake up early for a sun bed we just got one before going to breakfast and there was lot left . there are three different hotels at club Mac but there all the same and are basically three different buildings as u are allowed to eat and sit in any of them . there are 3 different restants and all have same food in and the food is very good as they have different theme night and also do showing cooking at lunch in Jupiter the main restaurant for lunch. The best of the holiday if the water park u can go in and out how many time u want a day plus the kids loves it but have to pay for sun beds in the water park but we just put are stuff down somewhere. In the day time they do actives for the kids to what is run by the enierment team . I would recommend this holiday to any one it was the best hiolday ever !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MacHotels, Guest Satisfaction Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Jess,

Thank you for your review and great feedback.

We are so pleased that you had a fabulous holiday and that you plan to return one day soon.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My self wife and 2 kids aged 13 & 15 arrived on August 7 for a week. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. Cost me €82 for the rental of fridge safe & tv. We went to our room in the saturno, (smallest room I ever had on holiday) we had one room with 2 double beds and a bathroom. The balcony too very very small. Anyway didn't plan spending too much time in the room. We decided to go for a walk around and things looked a lot better. Bar at the saturno drinks from 10 to 24. Eight pools to be found around the complex and the water park across the road. The food was mostly very good and plentiful you could eat from 8am to12pm from breakfast lunch dinner snacks all day burgers hot dogs. Good choices always something you would like. The place was kept spotlessly clean at all times. Hand sanitiser at all restaurants toilets ect if only some people would use them. Very busy complex you have to queue quite a bit but mostly it's not for long. If you walk out the back of the complex and across the road to the water park your band will get you free access with no queuing as there is a separate entrance for guests of club mac.kids loved all the slides and wave pool. Entertainment was not too bad, a lot of karaoke around saturno stage. Down at the circus stage there was more varied entertainment. WOULD I Go AGAIN I probably would. Although one week is enough and at €2600 its not to bad value.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Con M

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased that you have had a good holiday, from your review I see that overall you have had a good holiday, which is wonderful.

Thank you once more.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I only booked this holiday the week before departure so there were probably better deals out there but I was happy with the amount I paid for all-inclusive.
I was in Marte, the smaller of the three hotels. The lift is very small and I was on the 5th floor but thought I would offset the restaurant buffets by taking the stairs as often as possible!
The food was fine, lots of choice and plenty available- get there early to avoid queuing to get in to the restaurant. Staff worked quickly to clear tables.
The resort itself has everything you need for a family holiday. Loads of pools for kids - not so great for adults as they're always full of inflatables, but it is a family resort so you expect that.
The rooms are basic and a little small but then you don't spend much time there.
There was different entertainment every night, and the bar areas were lively.
Overall it was a lovely week- ideal for kids.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Bryony D

Dear Bryony,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased that you had a good holiday and that you gladly recommend us to others, that is a great vote of confidence for us so thank you.

We hope to welcome you back son.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

it's the second time we have been to this hotel. the first 10 years ago. I can say that it isn't as good as it used to be. However saying that, we did have a great time. We went for 10 days at the 28th of July 2014. The hotel isn't very organised for checking in, especially when there's a lot of people checking in at once and that was always the case. you can download the checking in form from their website to save time.
The hotels are really good and the pools are great. the only thing I could complain about is that most pools don't have any protection from the sun. there are only 3 with parasols around them. people on here have complained about the pools being cold. they are outdoor pools, they do warm up when the sun gets on them. My son loved the splash pool with the dragons. We never had any problems getting beds around the pool. Though we did notice that people were going to sleep and letting their kids see to them selves. Their were a few tiffs.
you can get drinks all day and snacks, though drinks are there own locally produced so don't expect them to be great. you can buy English beer and spirits on a night at the circus stage. We hired a fridge for the week and went to the supermarket along the road and stocked up with drinks for through the night, as you need to go to the ground floor for the closest free machines. the cost did mount up over the time we were there, but it was a lot cheaper than the spa. or getting them from the machine in the hotel. rooms were basic but clean, cleaned everyday. if you wanted towels changing you need to put them in the bath. also for the beds you put the card on the beds. cleaners are really friendly.
there was children's entertainment in the kids club, but we never used them. the shows were really bad. last time we went they had professional shows nearly every night, which were great. the circus stage had one the whole time we were there, which was ok. the rest of the time it was the hotel's own. they would play music and dance and pretend to sing. the same every night. just a different theme. the stage outside the marte had a few shows that seemed ok, but unless you sat there from around 6pm you couldn't get anywhere near.
There is a kids world with rides ect at a cost you you. there are cars to ride around the small lake at 5 euro's per go. it does mount up every night if your children go on a few rides. there is a play area with different aged area's though we used to cringe as people put toddlers on the large play area. One night a child maybe 18 months fell from the top of the slide onto his front. we could see it was gonna happen. We felt sick, his dad was running around manic.
The food was ok again not as good as it used to be. we found that the Saturno was best for evening meals. we went between the Saturno and Jupiter. the Marte was ok for dinner and breakfast, there was less of a cue. food overall was ok. cheap and cheerful. but there was a descent selection. the salad bars were great. there are notices up all over stating that you need to help children and not let them help themselves, yet the amount of kids helping themselves and picking food up and putting it back was unreal. there are hand sanitizers going in and out of the restaurants. although there isn't one at the burger bar. It's true what people say about meal times being hectic and people make pigs of themselves. especially at the burger bar. it's just greed. The waste that people leave is unreal. . the restaurant manager in the Jupiter is amazing and so polite.
overall club mac is a great complex for a 3 star. it's the British that let the place down. we had a domestic in the room next door, the guy was drunk. There's a lot of pushing in ect especially on the bus to the port. there are to many people for one bus, so no matter how long you've stood for. when the bus comes it's like a free for all.
both the port and the beach are stunning, well worth a trip. it's a nice walk back to the hotel as well.
It's a nice walk into town as well past the lake. There are restaurants on the way to the town as well, a nice stop off on the way.
we went to a restaurant in the port on the last day Puro Port. it was excellent. service was great food amazing. great wine selection. I would highly recommend this.
Trips, we did a few. We have done them before but we decided to redo them. Pirates. amazing again. I would say it's well worth paying the extra and getting the VIP deal. you have your own bar with free lager and one free bottle each of cava. Free drinks in the venue are right next to the stage.
Marine land, I would say take some swimming things and go to the beach as well. They have a stunning private beach.as I don't think you can fill a full day. defo see the shows. which at at certain times but get there early for a good seat higher up, as you will melt. it's like a sun trap.
Katmandu again we found it hard to spend a full day here. we played crazy golf and the kids went in the water park. the house is great, totally mad. the 4d rides are great but you will have to cue up. You can have a walk around Magaluf and Palma as they are right next to each other. there are some great shops in Palma.
We also did the day trip. bus, boat, tram and train. we loved this trip. if you like getting out and exploring you'll love it.
we also went to the water park which is part of the package with the hotel. it's across the road. you get free entry, but you pay for the beds and drinks. You aren't allowed to take drinks in. They do search your bags.
Staff are quite good if there's a problem. My daughter left her tablet in the room and they are sending it over to us, at a cost to me. There is a news letter every day telling you what's going on in the hotel and what theme it is in the dinning hall.
overall a great holiday. A great complex. it's just the great British public that let it down

Room Tip: we were in the standard room, we were going to upgrade, but the hotel was full. although we did hire...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MacHotels, Guest Satisfaction Manager at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Dear Mr Greaves,

Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Myself and my family have just returned from club mac after a 10 night stay we have 2 children 1 10, and 5, after reading some of the reviews I was worried an what struck me most was people saying u get what u pay for well £2,700 is not cheap in my opinion by no means. Like everywhere there's pro's and cons I have to say we couldn't fault the food everything was lovely and lots of variety, the place was immaculate considering its size, drinks were great including the alcohol, and the entertainment programme was good too. The hotel is obviously in the process of being refurbished because another family we went with were on floor 1 in Jupiter and we were on 4 needless to say our room hadn't undergone a facelift yet, and on 3 occasions myself and my 2 children slipped in the bath an that was with a non slip mat, and the corridor walls were painted at some point during our stay too an kids being kids both my girls ended up with paint on them. The air con was fine but dripped water after a period of time so be careful of this. The staff overall were friendly but there wasn't a personal touch due to the turn over of guests this I feel is a downfall of the hotel. The pools are a plenty but if u want to swim you have got no chance due to the excessive amount of inflatables, and not to mention water pistols you were soaked without warning whilst sitting on your Sun lounger very annoying when trying to relax and read, that's not all it wasn't just children doing this adults too CHAVVY people at that I might add. There was also 2 occasions were there was POO in the pool disgusting however the hotel staff dealt with it accordingly and efficiently, my niece ended up with an ear infection whilst we were there was it down to this occurrence? Who knows. We also had access to the water park which was good because it really isn't worth the entry fee you can't spend a full day in there. We had 2 lovely meals out at the New Brittania I highly recommend the chicken tikka masala, we also had a lovely meal on the beech, the beech is beautiful definitely worth a visit or two, it's a 10 minute walk from the hotel but worth it. The hotel itself isn't in Alcudia either so don't be too disappointed when you get there and discover this I will do my home work better in future. Overall our holiday experience was what we made of it and we did have a good time but would I return???? I believe in never say never but if I'm honest it's unlikely I hate Butlins and Haven and that's what this place is and as for the personal touch it will never happen due to the complex size, adult only pool would be great too but again that won't happen either.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Wino-Amigo
MacHotels, Guest Satisfaction Dept at Club MAC Alcudia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your reivew.

Thank you for your positive comments.

At certain times of the day it is true that the pools do get busy and yes there are many children here on site, especially at this time of year.

I was sorry to hear of your niece's ear infection, this could have been caused by numerous things as I am sure you will appreciate. We have a strict health and hygiene protocol for our swimming pools and this is the reason as you mention that it was closed immediately and duly disinfected.

Once more thank you for your review and comments.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

To the beach... (a great beach)every half hour until about 5.30. Busy, but so long as you are 5/10 mins early you should get on ok, even with 5 of you all with inflatables.

TOWN/PORT FREE BUS; again every half hour til 10.30pm. Defo worth a visit.

OLD TOWN; There is no free bus to the old town. Taxis are about 6 earos each way (per car load). Its defo worth a visit.
TIP; on market days (tue/sun) the queus for taxis are v bad. You can get a cheap bus (2 euro each) by walking half a mile down the road. These run every 15 mins. Upon return, ask for the street/area refered to as 'magic' near the Burger King then walk the half mile. (Ask reception staff for more info).

There is an onsite medical room and Doctor.

There is an onsite small shop.

There is a bigger spar shop just along the road.

This is a big resort. If you come expecting no ques and peace then you will be disappointed. Book somewhere else !

Its a 3 star resort. If you expect 5 star, fine dining in glamorous surroundings then you wont like it !

We loved it !!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank sirletchalot

Thank you for your review.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you and your family had fun.

We hope that you will return to us one day son.

Guest Satisfaction Dept.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'Alcudia
Viva Sunrise
Sol by Melia Katmandu Park & Resort
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa
#6 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia

Been to Club MAC Alcudia? Share your experiences!