I found this hotel for a friend who travelled back in June 1013 then decided to try for our own holiday. Our stay from 28th September to 5th October 2013 was for our 1st wedding anniversary in room 206 and we just wanted to relax which we did. Brilliant adults only hotel.
Well Astoria Playa didn't disappoint, all the reviews we had read were accurate and we were, needless to say extremely pleased with the whole experience. Breakfast, dinner, bar, staff, room and general hotel cleanliness, gardens and pool+jacuzzi, all 100%.
Meals were varied with all tastes provided for, all very tasty especially the paella and the puds. I had fish most nights but there were roast and grilled meats also.
Garcia the waiter was very helpful on our first night and made sure we knew how everything worked.
Breakfast, well take your pick and enjoy hot or cold but the specialty was the freshly cooked omlettes made by Amina... lovely senora! Champagne available for the Bucks Fizz.
The management were very visable and approachable, the reception staff polite and friendly and helpful right down to a detailed demonstration on how to use the safe in the rooms..
On Oktoberfest day all the staff dressed intraditional German dress and worked extremely hard to make it a successful day. Evening entertainment was provided and okay with some better than others. TV available in the bar area for those who wanted to watch football. TV in rooms had English channels.
There were 2 things that weren't so good and this is a personal opinion, the juice for breakfast is not great, definitely could be improved upon. The other thing was the rooms were missing a full length mirror a must for us ladies!!.
So apart from picking up this hotel and giving it a waterfront location you really cannot get better.
So thank you to all the staff, you are very hardworking and deserve the all the credit for making a holiday so enjoyable.
We plan to come back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Astoria Playa Hotel****SUP with its wonderfully modern décor both inside and out, designed with luxury and comfort in mind, is situated only 150m from the magnificent sandy beach of the Bay of Alcudia. Style and comfort flows throughout the hotel and into the gardens where you will find the swimming pools, sun terraces, Jacuzzis, and Balinese loungers. It is a perfect choice for a romantic getaway or for those who simply wish to relax. For the more active guests there are lots of local cycling and hiking routes and for the golfers there is an 18-hole course in Alcanada only 15minutes drive from the hotel. Free WIFI is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Playa Puerto Alcudia
- Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults Majorca, Spain