This was a recon trip in advance of our wedding on the island in a few months time.
The hotel is lovely. I would wholeheartedly recommend it.
Food (half board) was exceptional - a fantastic buffet - breakfast and evening. i'm not normally a buffet fan.
Room - modern and clean (a few ants when we arrived - 5th floor! - were nuked quickly and didn't return until last morning).
Location - 3 minute walk to beach. 30 minute walk to the marina.
Staff - all friendly - special mention to Garcia who was very attentive and welcoming at breakfast and dinner.
Both pools (one leisure by the bar and a lovely professional style pool the other side of the hotel) were freezing. Neither were heated (and others in the area are at this time of year - May).
I'm usually happy to get in a cold pool - I love the water, but according to my divers watch the water temp was 21 degrees C at best. I went in the pools twice in 8 days and the pools were empty throughout our stay until the Ironman competitors turned up in their wet suits!
Its quite a noisy hotel - the floors in the rooms are wood (or similar) which means footfall from above echoes a bit. The cleaning staff are not quiet in the early morning. If you want to miss breakfast you will know it. There was also a bit of building work going on in neighbouring properties - I put this down to preparations for the start of the high season and it wasn't too bad - only heard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Astoria Playa Hotel****SUP with its wonderfully modern décor both inside and out, designed with luxury and comfort in mind, is situated only 150m from the magnificent sandy beach of the Bay of Alcudia. Style and comfort flows throughout the hotel and into the gardens where you will find the swimming pools, sun terraces, Jacuzzis, and Balinese loungers. It is a perfect choice for a romantic getaway or for those who simply wish to relax. For the more active guests there are lots of local cycling and hiking routes and for the golfers there is an 18-hole course in Alcanada only 15minutes drive from the hotel. Free WIFI is available throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Playa Puerto Alcudia
- Hotel Astoria Playa Only Adults Majorca, Spain