Sunwing Alcudia Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Apartamentos Palm Garden(Port d'Alcudia)
US$88
US$81
US$76
  • Free Internet
Grupotel Maritimo(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$123
  • Restaurant
Hotel Apartamentos Ivory Playa(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
Hotel JS Sol de Alcudia(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$84
  • Pool
Eix Alcudia Hotel - Adults Only(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Restaurant
US$103
  • Beachfront
Apartamentos Ferrer Tamarindos(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$57
  • Pool
BQ Delfin Azul Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$83
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Botel Alcudiamar Hotel(Port d'Alcudia)
US$207
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmain buildingalcudia beachtraveling with kidsnice entertainmentold townfamily hotelclean roomscleaning staffpool areapalmerasmagdalenapoolsectsunbedsantssupermarketspanish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2013

As grandparents of two 5 years old girls my husbond and I spent a week with them at Sunwing Alcudia (where their parenst had been as small children years ago). The children really enjoyed their holliday, the pool for small children, "Miniland",Lollo and Bearny, the breakfast buffet, and to sleep together in the grand bed!

This is an excellente hotel for small children!

But: for grown ups without children it must be a night mare both early mornings and all through the day to stay in all the noise and chaos these sweet children make, remember there are houndreds of them! And fare every parent can resist playing soccer with their children outside other guests', including sleeping kids', windows at 7:30 in the morning. Terrible! The only advantage seems to be very quiet evenings, early nights and sober grown ups.

All together we still had a great time. Alcudia has a beautiful beach, good restaurants, exciting horse taxis and small trains, and the local people is very kind and nice with children!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sigrid L
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I spent recently a week with my family in a part of Sunwing hotel that is called Las Piramides. It was otherwise quite ok, but unfortunately our apartment in house no. 6 was one of those, which had windows and balcony towards a disco complex at ca. 200 meters distance. There were no buildings between our apartment and the disco so the noise, very loud technomusic and crazy shouting, starting usually a bit after midnight and continuing till six at morning - was terrible. We had chosen this hotel specifically because according to the travel organizatior's brochure it was best hotel for Alcudia for child families. There were three disco nights during the week and on other nights there was a smaller noice from a terrace or a music bar. Of course we tried to change room but it did not work as the hotel was fully booked.
If you choose this hotel - and want to sleep at nights - be careful to choose your room in the main building or other parts of the hotel that are further away from Diana (and d'Arta) street. I suppose the rooms in the houses 1-4 in las Piramides are also ok, at least if the windows are towords the main building.
This was my worst holiday ever, despite of good food and weather.

Room Tip: Absolutely NOT in houses 5-7 of Las Piramides apartments with windows to Diana and d'Arta Street! Rooms with balcony towards see in the main building, Las Nuevas Palmeras, can be recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Ulla-Kati
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at the SunWing resort in Port d'Alcudia for a week and had a great time. There were several pools to choose from, among them a wonderful pool only 60 cm deep with slides and showers and a mini-beach for the youngest kids. The beach was right outside the pool area and was also the best beach I have ever been to when I think of the kids - the water was warm and it was shallow, only getting gradually deeper quite far out.

We stayed in Las Piramides, which was next to the main hotel, and was not thoroughly modern but MORE than adequate, especially as we hardly spent any time in the room :) Our stay was all-inclusive, so all our meals were taken at the main hotel. They had themed nights (Tex-Mex, BBQ, Italian) so even though it was a buffet the food varied enough for it to never get boring.

They provided us with beach towels which I loved, since it meant not having to fill a suitcase with them :) Also, the easy check-out (we traveled with Ving) was awesome - we picked up our boarding cards & left our baggage with the airline's reps before breakfast and went straight to the security checkpoint upon arrival at the airport.

Walking along the beach in the evening was very nice, there were a few shops/restaurants/bars around the area, and the Port itself was only a short walk away. On Sunday we went to the market in the old city of Alcudia maybe 15 minutes' walk inland...there were a lot of baseball caps, sunglasses and knock-off purses there but in between you could find some really nice things! We went back to see more of the old city on Monday, and walked along the medieval walls of the old town which was very cool. The church was also well worth a look, for the pipe organ if nothing else!

If I were inclined to mention the negatives it would be that they could have had more people (or maybe just more efficient people) working in the pool bar at times as the lines got very long; also there were ants in our bathroom the last few days - though I'm sure if I had mentioned this to the people at the help desk they would have solved it quickly. So the negatives were really not worth mentioning at all ;-)

All in all it was beautiful, wonderful, would recommend it to every family with young children, I just wish I could have seen more of Mallorca.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank KarenBorsholm
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This is the third Sunwing I visit and must say it was one of my favorite. The views are not as stunning as Rhodes and if you look at the hotel it's not so remarkable, nice but really busy.

The main reason why we liked this hotel is the wonderful location! Unlike other Sunwing this one is situated right in the bustling beach life instead of on the side... A long, shallow, sandy beach, perfect for kids and despite high season it never felt narrow or overcrowded. Another advantage is that the hotel is within walking distance of Alcudia town so you can vary your food and avoid getting caught in the hotel restaurants.

The spa was nice and there are lots of pools for the kids but they can quickly become busy and the volume level is high... Over all excellent facilities for children and easy life for the parents.

I can definitely come back here but if you look for the same child-friendly atmosphere but prefer more "peace" and beautiful scenery Rhodes could be an option.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank pese
Reviewed 6 May 2011

stayed with my husband at nuevas palmeras, royal family room at 6th floor. Everything was exelent, the room, furniture, the beds, the beach towels. I am 50+ so the bed is very important.
The balcony with an exelent view.Nice long walks along the beach.Walk to the old town-center Alcudia, or rent a bike. Close to a range of good restaurants.
Rented a jeep in port alcudia, very good service.

Room Tip: royal family 5th or 6th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple