“Best restaurant in Pto. Alcudia”
Review of Bistro Mar

Bistro Mar
Ranked #23 of 218 Restaurants in Port d'Alcudia
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Makes your dinner perfect, we came back 4 times, food is excellent and everybody are so nice. Try their lamb shoulder or Paella and enjoy the local rosé wine "Butibalausi" from the winery Can Majoral

2  Thank MallorcaVine

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Having been to Alcudia a number of times we have always enjoyed this restaurant. Always made to feel very welcome, however the big disappointment this time was that the main course arrived out while we were still eating the bread and olives. Same happened last year, although we thought at the time it was a one off, however clearly it was not. Shame really, as holding back the mains for an extra 10 or 15 mins would of made a big difference and ensured we would would of returned on a regular basis, however not any more.
We had the kebab, nice flavor but very chewy. Kids enjoyed their meals.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Alcudia and Bistro Mar for the last 10 years and I was really excited to bring my boyfriend here for the first time and we were left very disappointed.

The food was average at best. We had the prawns in garlic butter and they were awful. Tiny with all the guts still inside in a congealed sauce.
The mains were ok but not up to the usual delicious standard.

Just disappointing it seems to have slipped.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We visited this restaurant as last time we came it was realy nice. The food was still nice don't get me wrong there were just a few things that spoilt it for us.

The regular staff were there and were realy nice however I think there may of been a few new additions. Three of us ordered the Chicken Breast on the BBQ and we asked what it came with and he said Jacket Potato and we were really pleased as we were sick of chips that week. However when the meal came it was chips that it came with and the Fish that somebody else on our table had ordered came with boiled potatoes. When I asked about the jacket potato he said they'd run out, which is fair enough but I just think they should of told me before just plonking the meal down in front of me, if they'd of told me I'd of opted to have the boiled potatoes instead.

This for me was what slightly let it down this year.

1  Thank juliat20
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We went at lunchtime , attentive staff and great food cannot rate highly enough.
Brilliant view across the yachts moored there, small beach just across the road with shallow water ideal for children.
Will have to make an effort to visit in the evening.