As a family of four with 2 children aged 12 & 8 we have just returned from a weeks self-catering at the Sa Coma Platja and I really have no complaints. We arrived at midnight and were directed to our room on the 2nd floor. The apartment itself was lovely, one bedroom with a large lounge area big enough to accommodate twin beds for our children and still have room to move about. The kitchen area was small but was adequate for our needs, we did ask for a kettle and 2 extra pillows which were delivered to our room within 30 mins. The beds in the bedroom were memory foam mattresses and were the most comfortable beds abroad we've ever slept in. We had maid service every day, with fresh towels and clean bedding, it really was spotless. All rooms have views over looking the pool and beach - there are no rooms with "back views" over streets or wasteland so as far as location is concerned its great. The balconies are large and safe.
I cannot comment on the food as we did not eat in the hotel at all, as we were self-catering we ate out every night. There was a good choice of restaurants to suit all budgets. The Chinese restaurant opposite did a 5 course meal per person for 4.75 euros generally our evening meal was between 50 - 80 euros for family of 4 with starters, main course and drinks.
The resort itself was lovely, the beach was clean and the sea was gently shelving making it very safe for children. There is a charge on the beach for the use of sun beds and umbrellas so I would recommend buying yourself an umbrella at the start of the holiday and saving you the daily cost which I think was about 15 euro per day.
Some of the negative comments do relate to the hotel food, but with that aside I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel for its cleanliness, location and amazing views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has 154 apartments equipped with air conditioning, full bathroom, hair dryer, terrace, safe with charge, lounge, satellite TV and telephone. There is a café bar, adult and children’s pool, table tennis and bicycle hire. We also offer internet connection, children’s play park, mini club, sun terrace, medical service by appointment. In the local area includes a shopping centre, supermarkets, boutiques, book shops etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel THB Sa Coma Platja reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Thb Sa Coma Platja Hotel Sa Coma
- Aparthotel THB Sa Coma Platja Majorca