“Our Stay at Protur Sa Coma Playa June 2011”

Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
London, United Kingdom
“Our Stay at Protur Sa Coma Playa June 2011”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My Wife & I and 4 year old son Adam had an absolutely fabulous time in Sa Coma last summer, made even more special by the excellent service and Hotel environment of the Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa.

Our room was in the recently developed wing of the Hotel and was "spankingly" clean and fresh, with views over the pool area. I stress once again the cleanliness, as this was the theme running through the whole Hotel.

We were on a half-board package, so our two main 'meals' in the dining area of Breakfast and Evening Dinner were (are) of an excellent quality and choice.

There is plenty to keep you occupied around the Protur complex as a whole, with it associated Badia and Safari hotels across the way, despite the latter being of a lower standard quality of Hotel.

I cannot recommend the Protur Sa Coma Playa any higher. We have rebooked and will be there again come end of June 2012. Fingers crossed the weather will be just as good as last summer! Scorchio!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Birmingham
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have just returned from 10 days at this hotel with my partner and elderley disabled mother and we had a wonderful time.

We had a double and single room booked which I did request to be next door to each other due to my mothers disability, however on check in discovered all single rooms are on the 3rd floor and no doubles so our double was on the second floor. They offered to upgrade us to a suite on the 3rd floor for appox £500 which was not an option. I was dissapointed that they did not offer to move my mother to a double room as occupancy was very low so we downgraded to a single room on the third floor after viewing both rooms. I have to say this worked out wonderful as the single room is nearly as big as the double and has a double bed as opposed to 2 single beds. I tell you this so if you do need single and double rooms next door to each other it is not possible and Thomson failed to tell me this despite this being stipulated rather than a request at time of booking due to medical reasons.

The hotel is immaculate throughout,communal areas and rooms. It is all very modern, showers are large and they really do think of everything as the towel rail in the bathroom comes on automatically around 4pm so you can have nice warm towels when stepping out the shower.

We were half board and found breakfast and evening meals were fine with plenty of choice. I can recommend trying the chinese food cooked to order, it is the best stir fry I have ever tasted. Staff were very friendly and helful. We ate in the Italian and had a wonderful evening, food fine, not as good as the buffet but very enjoyable. We alsotried the tapas restuarant and really enjoyed the restuarant setting but food not great.

Bar staff also very friendly and helpfull, I found the ambience in the bar area great and some really good entertainment. We met some wonderful people and had some great evenings.

We did a couple of trips. 'Come fly with me' which was excellent and I would highly recommend. We booked mid range seating and was very pleased we had not paid for the diamond seats as they were not really any better. We also booked 'Soller trip' which was also excellent however the monestary tour at the beginning of trip was a waste of time and we also stopped of at a leather factory. I think the 1 1/2 to 2 hours lost on these two activites would have been better of spent at Soller as it was a bit rushed when we actually got there. In hind sight it would have been better to done this trip indipendantly as it is beautiful and well worth visiting but needed more time there.

Overall we had a excellent holiday, the hotel is immaculate, staff go out of there way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and they cater well for disabled people with ramps everywhere for wheelchairs and pushchairs. Weather was great also. I would definately recommend this hotel for a relaxing, fun break ina great setting!

Room Tip: Single rooms and suites are located on third floor. No double or twin rooms on the third floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank mccauleygirls
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We recently had a long weekend at this hotel as there was a Smooth Jazz Festival held in the sister hotel. We cannot reccomend this hotel highly enough, the room, the staff, the restaurant, the pool all made our stay absolutely wonderful & we look forward to staying here again soon.The beach & the nature reserve are very good & a great place for walking.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KIM D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I'm fortunate to have travelled worldwide. Staying at Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa for 7 nights is probably the best hotel I've stayed at. I could also see that other guests were experiencing the same satisfaction of finding a hotel that is happy in how it conducts its business. All the staff are so positive, friendly, cheerful and approachable. The hotel is clean and maintained well.
I went solo on this trip for 7 days. I was give a fantastic room on the 3rd floor were I felt safe. I had a large bed and good quality linen. The room was sparkling clean and kept so every day by the staff. I experienced flowers and wine delivered to my room. which was a very kind and thoughtful surprise. Flat screen TV I chose not to watch the English channels.
I was half board and the buffet breakfast and evening dinners choices were vast and tasted good (The quality exceeding any buffet that you may of had in Las Vegas). Again service in the dining hall was superb.
The Biomar Spa was a real treat and a main reason for coming to Sa Coma. I did travel up the road to Cala Bona and Cala Millor but was pleased that I had chosen to stay at Sa Coma.
Overall I hope to go back. I would recommend this hotel to any couple with their first child. I would recommend this venue to a couple looking to get married abroad (its a very smart & classy option). Family reunions etc. Thank you everyone at Protur Sa Coma Player for a lovely stay at your hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
11 Thank Preston126
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I returned from a weeks holiday at the Sa Coma Playa, we only booked 10 days before travelling and we had never stayed at this hotel or indeed at Sa Coma. We were not disapointed with either. The hotel is first class and the hotel staff are first class from Domestic cleaners to the Manager, they are always there to help make your hoilday go smoothly in every way. The food is very good, we chose to eat at the grill restaurant one evening and weren't disapointed but then again we weren't disapointed with buffet restaurant, especially being partial to chinese food, cooked to order, this was first class, has were many other choices in the buffet restaurant. will we go again ? you bet we will. We were fotunate to meet several nice people during the holiday and enjoyed several evenings with them listening and watching the entertainment which was reasonable, but could be improved. We are already looking at booking for 2013.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Hendo49
Alloa, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed here end April/early May for 10 days with my parents. From start to finish our stay was excellent. The rooms are spacious, spotless and exceedingly comfortable. My parents room was on the second floor, mine (a single) on the 3rd. My 'single' room had a double bed and more than ample space with all of the same facilities as my parents double/twin room. Tea and coffee making facilities free of charge in the room was a thoughtful touch and appreciated by my parents. Every member of staff we encountered was helpful, very friendly and attentive. Food was varied and plentiful. I find it hard to fault any aspect of our stay. There is a great range of activities within the complex included when you stay. The hotel sits on the outskirts of Sa Coma but is only a short walk from the resort. Would definitely recommend this hotel! Thanks to all for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Carol D
Kent
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We have just returned from the Protur Sa Coma Playa, and we cannot speak highly enough of this complex. It was our first holiday with our 13 month old son and there was so much for him to do. You can use the Safari and Vista hotels so never get bored.
The room was a great size and always clean and tidy.
The food (half board-breakfast and dinner) was always plentiful with varied choices.
Unfortunately our son was ill and a Dr had to be called in the middle of the night. After this the manager went out of his way to make out stay comfortable, offering us to take our meals to our room and specially making up a quiet area in the restaurant. On departure he even gave our son a few pressies!! So many thanks to him. Our son also loved Paco-one of the pool bar staff, all the staff were so attentive and great with kids. Would highly recommend this hotel and complex to all.

• Stayed May 2012
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews
Hipotels Cala Millor Park
Hipotels Cala Millor Park
#3 of 64 in Cala Millor

Been to Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!