Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa
US$185
US$171
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hipotels Marfil Playa(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$126
Hipotels Mediterraneo(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$166
Seasun Siurell(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$115
  • Pool
Hipotels Mediterraneo Club(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$202
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,637 results
All reviewsmanager chejhalf boardmini barmini golfmichelin star restaurantswim up roomsafari hotelbiomar spamain poolevery nightreplenished dailyquiet poolselect roombranded drinksadult only poolevening entertainmentwalk in shower
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed her in early July - and whilst not peak season it was still busy.

This is a very well run and friendly modern hotel. The rooms are large, modern and kept very clean. The staff always seem happy and are very attentive. The hotel manager or the assistant manager greet everyone at breakfast and dinner (we were half board so don't know about lunch) if you had a complaint it was dealt with immediately and completely. Fortunately not many people have complaints.

The restaurant is self service, given the number of people trying to get meals at peak times it does end up rather busy to say the least. The food is very good, not Michelin star (there is a Michelin star restaurant in the hotel) but freshly cooked, plentiful and varied. The hotels serves English, German and Spanish clients so the food needs to be acceptable to all.

We went half board and our lunchtime food and drinks bill was under £500 for two weeks as average drinkers with friends. All inclusive would have cost us £1400 extra, to have only the cheapest drinks and ice creams so for us it was not worth it

The pools do get busy and plenty of people are up early to put towels on sunbeds (mainly the English doing this) but we got beds everyday at 11am, but it was not peak season. Nice pools which serve the hotel well

As part of your package you can eat at one of the themed restaurants in the hotel complex. We went Italian, dishwater chicken soup and chicken stroganoff with a microwaved (baked) potato. This was the worst meal we have ever had - I complained to the hotel and they sorted the whole thing out but most people complained about the themed restaurants being very poor

Sa Coma is a bland holiday resort with few activities, we took some free bikes from the hotel complex (10 euros deposit) and cycled through Cala Millor as far as we could go. Cala Millor is a more established and busy resort. The hotel complex has other activities, including mini golf and tennis and a spa. The only moan was that all the bikes and activities had to be handed back before 6pm, maybe some evening tennis or other sports ?

The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the beach - which for most is OK. It is great for families with children up to 17, very well run and made for an enjoyable holiday

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank midlandstraveller200
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The hotel provides a wide range of facilities through the Protur club that is linked to 4 other neighbouring hotels too, we used the squash courts, tennis facilities, the courts were available with equipment within the hotel fees, the spa had the usual treatment fees, and plenty of well functioning bicycles were available for a refundable deposit of 10 euro. We enjoyed these facilities regularly throughout our stay.

The whole location is very relaxed, without the sense of overcrowding that seems to pervade a lot of other facilities particularly during the weeks we were there, end July early August. Pools had space around them throughout the day. Food was a fine standard, the main course in the evenings was the most interesting, although I found the deserts a bit monotonous. The layout of the servery was a bit congested during peak times, but it was much better if you could go a little later.

A nice touch for the half board guests was the provision of meals in the restaurants on site, the Sa Bodega tapas bar was particularly pleasant and help give some additional variety.

A great place to stay, with helpful friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TimDrye
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I travelled with my husband, our first time in Majorca and the Protur group of hotels and we were not disappointed. The hotel was lovely, the staff were very helpful and friendly from checking in to checking out, nothing was a bother to them. The resort is lovely and clean, very famiily friendly, lots of bars and restaurants and shops. The beach is a short walk from the hotel and is very clean and relaxing. The entertainment could have been better but it didn't bother us that much. Chej is a great ambassador to the Protur group of hotels as he is very helpful and friendly and was always smiling and asking if we were enjoying our holiday. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be returning next year for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sunderland1962
Reviewed 7 August 2012

My review is based on a low season visit and was very good value.
First of all the room was lovely. Quite recently renovated and done to my taste! I especially loved the bathroom! We had a nice pool view room but was a little too close to the main road. The cleanliness was excellent.
The hotel facilities were very good and the evening entertainment varied. It could have been better though.
The restaurant was quite canteen-like and a bit chaotic at times. We found that we couldn't go to the servery together, otherwise our table would be re-set! The variety of food was good and well presented and we didn't have a problem choosing what to eat.
The pools were nice and we never had a problem getting a sunbed although I can imagine this would be a problem in high-season. The main pool is situated at the border of the hotel, fronting the main road which could be noisy, so not good for relaxing - even on the lovely balanese beds.
We were able to use the facilities of the other hotels of the Protur group in the resort and they were very good. Cycle hire, tennis and the best crazy golf course I've seen! We didn't use the spa but did have a look and it looked amazing.
I did miss being able to see the sea and it was a good 10 minute walk to the very popular beach
It was our first visit to Majorca and we found Sa Coma to be very purpose built resort but the public transport was excellent, with a bus stop outside the hotel. We were able to get around easily and cheaply and didn't need to hire a car. The Caves of Drach were close by and well worth a visit.
We would recommend this hotel to friends and would go back, but only if we got a bargain!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin50
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I came here with my boyfriend on our first ever holiday looking for a relaxing week in the sun. The hotel is set in a plot surrounded by other Protour properties meaning there are numerous activities and restaurants at your disposal (The Argentine Grill is lovely however watch out for the wasps). It is a very new hotel, with a very modern interior and exterior design, the design for the balconies mean that you never feel confined or that someone is "living on top of you" which adds to the relaxing nature of the hotel and its surroundings. It is very spacious and quiet despite there being many families and young children staying here. It is also very clean and the maids do a wonderful job (always remembering to come back to your room if you aren't ready for them). The reception staff are fantastic as they can jump from speaking spanish to english to german in seconds, they were always happy to help and even phoned round other hotels looking for family we had staying in the same resort.

There is a bus stop right outside the hotel which took us to Palma but you can go almost anywhere on the island with the bus and a "train" runs between Cala Millor- Sa Coma- S'Illot from the same stop only costing a couple of euros for a return ticket. Sa Coma itself is lovely and has plenty to do with regular boat trips, parasailing, a horse ranch and a trail to the watchtower on the Punta de n'Amer headland which starts just across the road from the hotel. The beach is very clean and long meaning we found sun loungers quite easily, alternatively you can spend a day under the shade of some trees where the headland meets the beach and the rock formations attract amateur snorkelers. In all, a lovely relaxing resort.

There are two pools within the Sa Coma Playa, a smaller one at the front of the hotel and the larger one can be found with a pool bar and cafe connecting to the indoor bar/stage area. One thing we weren't told about was that the hotel provides protour pool towels for you which you need to ask for at reception, on arrival at the larger pool we found every single bed had a "protour" towel on it. After about two hours on a set of sunbeds (which included the protour towels) my partner went to get something from the room, whilst he was away a family approached me informing me that we were on "their" sunbeds, I was soon intimidated and guilted into moving from the sunbeds by this very rude family who were incapable of understanding that we had misunderstood the towel situation and flat out refused to allow me to wait until my partner had returned so he would know where I was. Luckily I found another sunbed close by however the situation was extremely embarrassing and not what you want to encounter two days into a relaxing holiday, what was even more frustrating is that the family then spent the next few hours in the pool and didn't use the sunbeds at all. Before this holiday I had completely forgotten that reserving beds is seen as normal and I would just warn anyone that despite the hotels policy of "No Sunbed Reserving Allowed" our holiday rep said that it is a very common occurrence so I assume that I am not the only person to encounter abuse because of a simple sun lounger.

Another downside about this hotel is the dining experience, the food itself was fine however the canteen is very busy and you will have to queue in order to choose what you want which in the end doesn't seem like a proper meal. If you have the opportunity to use one of the available protour restaurants (Tapas, Italian, American Grill, Argentine Grill) I would advise this as they are much quieter. Luckily my partner and I were prepared and had enough money to eat out most nights, the restaurants in the town are deceivingly good especially Juan's Steak House just round the corner from the Sa Coma Playa.

Despite these problems we had a lovely stay and the thomson rep and hotel staff were very attentive. If pool problems are encountered, the beach is just a short walk away and to be honest we preferred this to being confined in a pool. We would return to this hotel in the future despite our problems as it is very clean and in a good position, we would probably go self-catering on return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple