“Sa coma playa hotel and spa” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa

Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
“Sa coma playa hotel and spa”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews of others I'm tended to disagree. The food was very average and mostly catered for Germans although it's fair to say you wouldn't go hungry.June and the hotel was infested by babies and prams Not what I was expecting or was lead to believe. The rooms were very nice and the service excellent. Staff good especially the manager who always seemed to be on hand. The free WiFi was very intermittent and was of little use in the rooms. Overall not too pleased and I wouldn't go there again. A long way from the beach All inclusive but still had to pay for food on the terrace near the pool. All the entertainment was indoors and in consequence the room was very hot and stuffy

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jeff D
Proturhotels, Director of Sales at Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We will certainly look into the matters that you have raised and make changes where necessary. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Been here a number of times and the standard just gets better and better. Management and staff are so pleasant and helpful. Beautiful Rooms that are kept spotless. Food is always plentiful and excellent quality. Pool area is kept immaculate.

Room Tip: 2nd floor Room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lemon66
Barnsley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Never bothered writing reviews before but felt I had to after experiencing this wonderful hotel and staff. A special mention to chej the manager. Always there to greet you at meal times with a smile on his face. Nothing was too much trouble for him and his staff. He obviously leads from the front. Also a special mention to Martin and Dominika the animation team. Clean rooms, fantastic food and plenty of choice for everyone. The selection of drinks at the bar is all premium brand. Thought it sounded too good to be true reading the reviews before we travelled but it totally exceeded our expectations. I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone or returning for a second visit. Top notch.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mark N
Cheddington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Clean and tidy hotel, pool, gym etc. Staff are very polite and helpful. Food was good in the restaurant and the pool bar snack food was excellent. We hired bikes, beach was very clean and suitable for all ages. Ate at a fabulous italian restuarant in Sa Coma called Sa Amore (or similar). The hotel is ideal for all ages, couples, friends etc. Very pleased we didn't book the Protur Safari hotel which is opposite it is full to the brim with Britains finest
!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chops5hs
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I seriously don't know where to start this review! I booked this holiday as a surprise for my partner and spent hours and hours choosing this hotel. I always seem to end up in 'not as described' hotels. This knocks socks off of 5 star hotels! I emailed ahead just to make sure we were A) 100% booked in, and B) to ask for a nice room over looking the pool. The manager (Chej) emailed back personally to confirm everything was booked and that he would do his best to allocate a nice room.

WELL.......we arrived at 5.30am thanks to the flight being delayed, we were checked in promptly by reception, everything was ready, and our room was FABULOUS! It was better than what I expected - and anyone that knows me would be shocked I have said this! It was spacious, VERY clean, modern, bath and shower, mini bar with branded drinks and snacks - I couldn't ask for anymore!

We slept for a couple of hours thinking we would have to do the usual 'put your towels down before all the loungers are gone' but there were so many sun loungers free there was no need to do this all holiday! I upgraded to all inclusive before we went but I think on average if you went half board it would be the same. The prices are so reasonable and the food in the pool bar (not incl in AI) is delicious! We actually ate there twice! All the food was brilliant at 'this' hotel, piping hot, and Chej the manager will personally greet you every single day - 3 times a day - and you can see he operates a tight ship to make sure it all stays clean, tidy and that it is always replenished.

There is free Wi-Fi at this hotel which works most of the time, even by the pool and in the bedroom - there was one day it was down but hey - that's technology not the hotels fault! We had a couple of rainy days and thunder storms but that didn't even put me off this holiday as I was just so happy at the hotel. Chej made this stay so special - he pulled out all the stops for us and he is an absolute credit to this company. I would not say it feels like a chain - more like a family run hotel. We went to Palma on the express bus (air conditioned coach by the way) one day thanks to him advising us that was the best way - otherwise I would of spent loads on a taxi!

I will end my review there but all I can say is that this hotel should be a 5 star, not 4 - the restaurant and bar staff, cleaners, reception staff and most of all the Manager Chej is what makes this place. We will definitely return very soon as long as Chej is still there and this review comes from one very fussy customer who likes very nice hotels!! Book this without a doubt and enjoy (P.S Chej - make sure you have cranberry juice for my cocktails next time I return!!!)

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely - if for any reason you aren't happy - then just speak to Chej - he will re...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SophB1234
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed for a fortnight at Sa Coma Playa from 20th May, This was our 5th visit, and I can only confirm what other reviews have stated about the Excellent facililties in this Hotel, The Staff go that extra mile for you to ensure you are having a great holiday. The new Goa (Indian) restaurant is definately worth a visit. We hired bikes and cycled to San Servera approx 3 km from Cala Millor
for market day(fri) Very quaint with narrow streets.
Thanks again Chej and Staff, for a fantastic relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: we prefer room with a bath which is on the ground floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank richard m
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this Hotel for 11nights mid June arrived at approx. 3am but from start to finish of this holiday they couldn't have been more helpful or friendly,the rooms are excellent very modern with lots of space with good air con., food was very good with lots of choice etc. what I seen of the entertainment it seemed good, but we like to get out and about on a night, we've stayed in some nice 4 and 5 star Hotels but for the overall package this has been the best. Looking at the reviews for all the Protur group Hotels it looks like they're getting it right and I will certainly be trying another in the near future. For wheelchair users like the wife the area is nice and flat so ideal.

Stayed June 2014
Hipotels Aparthotel Cala Millor Park
Viva Blue
Viva Blue
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Protur Sa Coma Playa Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!