“Fab family holiday”

and 1 more site!
Protur Vista Badia Aparthotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Excellent in all areas. Clean, friendly staff, excellent value for money. All inclusive package well worth doing with some excellent food choices.

Sa Coma is a peaceful resort with plenty to do for all ages.

Would definitely recommend & rebook.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shell50Leicester

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here for 11 nights, 3 adults, one teenager. Apartments are OK smaller than a lot we have stayed in before. Didn't really use the kitchen apart from making a drink, we were in the basement which was fine looked out onto another hotel, we had a larger terrace/balcony than those above us but even though there were four of us there were only 2 chairs. The beds however are the most uncomfortable beds I think I have ever slept on, my mother in her 70's and my teenage daughter slept in the bedroom and myself and my husband slept on the sofa beds but they were all really hard. Maid came 5 times a week changing the sheets twice a week - would have been a good idea to have a broom or ash pan and brush (not that wanted to clean but something got spilt and we couldn't clean it up. Entertainment in the neighbouring apartment was loud but the double glazing was fantastic - plenty of wardrobe space for us all. You get free tv although only a few channels which was fine for us. Hairdryer in the bathroom although I didn't use this. Would have liked a couple more plug sockets, as only one in the lounge, 3 in bedroom. Shower really powerful. Ladies on reception really helpful, I also made use of the spa in a sister complex which was lovely. Never used the restaurant so cannot comment, bar and pool bar staff nice, food at the pool bar is what you expect. Sun beds never had a problem getting one, some people did put there towels on put these were swiftly taken off by hotel staff. Wifi at the hotel was a bit poor - was only available in reception - every time you wanted to use it you had to sign in and during busy periods it was sometimes difficult to get connected - Beach really close by with lovely clear waters. We tried Juans Steak House, Cafe Del Mar which were nice, we also tried a few others but can't remember the names. Went to see the Pirates Show which was amazing and although we paid for the second tier priced tickets the seats we got were not great as couldn't see the whole stage. Also went the Aqualand which was good fun just bear in mind that although we were told we had to hire inflatables you can queue for them at each ride, some rides you need a double ring, other rides will only accept single rings, some rides don't use rings at all, hire cost €8 for a single, €12 for a double with a €2 deposit for each one. Overall we had a really great holiday.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Niri23
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weeks stay self catering. So glad we chose to do this as plenty of restaurants to choose from. The area of sa coma is Lovely, beach n sea fab. Ideal for young children as quite shallow far out. Sometimes has strong waves though so take care to hold onto their hands. The size of the apartment was plenty big enough for the four of us. 2 being teenage girls!! Lots of wardrobe space. One in the bedroom n one next to the bathroom. Didn't really use the kitchen apart from glasses for drinks as we ate out for every meal but everything there to rustle up simple meals ( no 3 course Sunday lunches!!) the only thing that let this hotel down for all of my family were the beds. They are the hardest beds We have ever slept on on holiday. Even the sofa beds where my girls slept were solid. So I wouldn't return here for that reason. We always found a sunbed though no matter what time we went down. Even if we went to the beach first. Still got a sunbed on our return. I found them comfier than our beds in the room!!!

2  Thank Busyasabe
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Took our 6 year old twin grand kids to Vista Badia in a one bed apartment for 10 days of self catering. Trip organised by Thompson holidays, however due to some problem we actually flew out of Brum on a Thomas Cook aircraft. No worries though because we all got a free breakfast on-board.
Arrived at Palma to find.....Nothing...No Thompson reps in sight so had to search out the blue coaches ourselves. Once they were located we found the rep three feet away! OK onto coach for a one hour (ish) transfer to Sa Coma....I thought the hotel was very nice from the moment I stepped inside. The air con was on full and it was great to escape the 30+C heat outside. We were allocated room 256, we had asked for a pool view...We did get a pool view but of the Orient Beach hotels pool! (lol)
The room was quite smart with the two settees already made up as beds plus the two single beds in the bedroom. As self catering the room had two small electric cooking rings and a few saucepans etc....Don't think you could do a Sunday roast here but we managed well enough with what we had.
The pools are great and have lifeguards in attendance all day. Pool one is a small toddler pool about 6 feet across and a foot deep. The second pool is about three times as big and about two feet deep. The main pool is massive and ranges from 4 foot to 8 foot deep.
The main pool is also used for aqua aerobics and water polo games during most days.

There are lots of sunbeds and most are empty till about 8am when folk start to attend and do the towel thing. twice we placed our towels out on four adjoining beds only to return an hour later to find them moved off. The hotel staff were the cause we were told (who knows)

The staff and entertainment team were all very nice thank you. The team worked their nuts off all day and night keeping the guests (and kids) happy.

The beach is a ten minute walk down a single road. The beach is brilliant with good sandcastle making sand. many a huge hole was dug and filled with sea water. The sea is quite warm....A word of cation though there are waves that can sometimes be quite large. Great for body boarding but could be scary for the little uns.

Sa Coma itself is a bit like all seaside towns....Lots of shops selling things kids 'must have' and lots of rubbish they dont need at all.
We ate out every night.....We used JJ's on four occasions as the kids loved the Chilli & Rice
We also used Chilleys, Bollywood Star and The Royal Oak....All were good food with costs of about 40€ for the four of us. The meal at Bollywood Star was the dearest at 51€...
We did have a pizza from the hotels pool bar one evening and to say it was rubbish would be an understatement...If you can't cook Pizza don't bother at all. That is the only negative thing I can say about the hotel though. perhaps the chef (cook) was having an off day

So 5 stars for the hotel and 5 stars for the beach and resort.......If you have kids look no further.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Penfoldsmith
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Family of 4 with two boys aged 6 & 8. We are VERY early 40's ;)
This hotel is lovely . My first night I realised the bed was too hard as I have back issues. They changed the bed for me within a matter of half hour.
Reception staff a fantastic - always very helpful. Hotel manager (I think he's the manager) always walking around with a cool air about him. Never flustered just how it should be. Pool clean, pool loungers are white as are the parasols ! We like this - very aesthetically pleasing. A padded cushion would be great as a little uncomfortable to lay on all day.
Select rooms are apparently the same size as a standard but to balcony is much much larger with two loungers . You get towels and the opportunity to book specialist restaurants the day before everyone else . Top tip - book SC and upgrade here. The travel company Thompson would have charged nearly £1000 more !
This is typical 4*
Moaning people - spend more money and book a 5 or 6* if you want perfection. This is excellent value for money. £1900 sc for 4 in August school hols. Plus £500 upgrade to AI at reception.
Entertainment - not my thing. I would prefer a more subtle approach . And noise around pool during the day with music could be a little more quieter to ensure a more relaxed feel. Let's listen to kids play instead

3  Thank TRDSKent
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

There is nothing I can fault with this hotel it is superb. My second year back and everything is just how you remember it to be! The food is Devine and there is always lots of choice for people as they have different themed nights which i think is a fabulous idea. The part that makes me love the hotel is how lovely the staff are! There is not one rude member of staff there and you feel so welcome from the moment you walk in! I want to say a massive thankyou to Marco, Martin, Maria, Patricia and Sylwana who make the days at the hotel so memorable! They are the best entertainment staff I have experienced having whilst being at vista badia and there is not one bad thing I can fault about them! Always activities for people to do and you feel like they are there for you no matter what. Overall a friendly, clean hotel, great food, superb staff and I really would recommend this hotel to families!!!

1  Thank EmilyTruby
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks in august, the hotel's location is perfect just a short walk away from the beautiful beach and main complex, we stayed in an apartment self catering it was huge and very clean and decor was lovely and simple! We ate out every night there are some lovely places to eat and all very reasonable the kings head and Salvador being the best! We will definitely be returning to sa coma and will definitely go back to vista badia fab pool, lovely staff couldn't have wished for a better holiday!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family