“Lovely holiday”

Hipotels Coma Gran Aparthotel
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We have returned to this complex to see the hotel upgrade and building work completed.
It was good last yr and it was good this yr my 5 yr old loved the kennel Club and made a friend in party Paul.
Have to say he was very good at his entertainment and generally better than the entertainment for the Adults.
Some of the acts were very basic so pay paul more money and he can entertain the familys..his guessing games were brilliant getting all familys involved.
The hotel was very good standard and food was lovely.
Sometimes it finished a bit too early and we were just getting into the club dances..
The downside was just the having to get up at 6:30 to obtain a sunbed..crazy!!! hated doing this.
Maybe they could come up with a better system maybe a ticket and bed number from reception!!!
We will return as we met familys that we met the previous year.
So Thompson Holidays thanks very much.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Siobhan G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Berkshire
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Myself, Husband and four children all 12 and under stayed at this hotel for a week in August. We had two self catering studio rooms which were adjoined. Before arrival I was concerned that the rooms would be small and the sofa beds too small, but it was the opposite. We had one massive studio and one slightly smaller, the beds were roomy and comfortable. Great view from the 7th Floor over the pool and could see the beach, well equipped kitchen and very clean. The pool area is large and the younger children’s splash pool is brilliant. There is a park and football/basketball area too. The younger children had a brilliant time; they didn’t do any of the kids clubs that were available as they were too busy in the pool or the park. The two older ones found the lack of entertainment for teens a little boring. The entertainment team were great, especially Party Paul, who worked so hard with such enthusiasm. Yes it was noisy, the entertainment finished around 11, but there are a couple of bars in the surrounding areas that go on much later, but it didn’t bother us. We met families that had returned to this hotel many times before. The beach is just a few minutes’ walk away, and has lovely clear shallow waters. There are Jelly Fish in the waters, one poor boy unfortunately got stung, but that wouldn’t put me off going back it’s not like its full of them. We had heard mixed reviews about the food; some say it was great others say it was limited. We did ask to pay for an evening buffet one night, and the hotel wanted to charge us 100 Euro, not including drink. We declined and went to our favourite BBQ restaurant, BIA which costs less than that and I am sure the quality of food was better. My only gripe is the sun bed situation around the pool. If your idea of a holiday is setting your alarm for 6.45am to go and put your towels down then great, mine isn’t. We decided that we would have two pool days and took it in turns to get up. Some people are down there waiting for the doors to open at 6.30 am! Also found that families would put their towels down then go out for the day and not come back to the pool until around 4pm, that’s selfish in my opinion. Apart from that really enjoyed it and would go back, maybe not in the height of the summer holidays though.

5 Thank BerkshireGeorge01
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Our Family holiday with two young kids was seriously effected by having had an expensive SLR camera robbed from the pool area.
The matter was reported to Thompson who were helpful to a point. However, It is my view that the hotel themselves couldn't care less. There's no CCTV and I was laughed at by the receptionist when I mention that I needed the assistance of the police. For a hotel that has many, many guests through the door every week I'd expect a much more. That said, I believe that this was a fellow "guest" so this is what you share your time with. The camera was in a bag under a sun lounger with two adults circling the area while minding kids. It was gone within 20-30 or so. Insurance will hopefully cover it but when the kids ask about this holiday I can tell them it was ruined by a thief and an unresponsive hotel.

Until the pool is covered by a CCTV system, I would advise extreme caution with your expensive personal items.

I have been precluded by trip advisor to make mention of any other incidents of thief that may or may not have happened at this hotel as this is considered hearsay.

All I can advise is to be aware and be extremely vigilant despite the family ethos and atmosphere, there are clearly thieves in operation.

Stayed August 2014
11 Thank DMC07
Wainscot, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

just got back from our 5th year at the coma gran , the major refurbishment is very good , pool great, kids splash pool looks amazing as does the kids play park. pool could do with having a deep end but is mainly all one depth 1.3m at the deepest . entertainment team are great and work so hard for your pleasure, congratulations to party paul, shabba abbie and atomic ash . Also there is 3 Kids Club For Your Children To Enjoy . Tano and his bar staff are always friendly . Ivan ( Wreck It Ralph ) one of the waiters always willing to entertain . The Hotel Entertainment not as good as in previous years some of the acts are only average/ poor . overall great hotel - will be going back next year

2 Thank bill1062
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my mum went to coma gran and it was very nice but it is not really for kids over 12 because there is not any entertainment for children over 12 but the entertainment goes on till about 12 at night for the little kids age 3 to 10 and the beach is about 3 minute walk from the beach and the food is lovely

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank lauren f
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My daughter (16) and I stayed at the Coma Gran for a week at the beginning of July. Had a fantastic time in one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in. It was modern, spotlessly clean, staff very friendly and food varied, plentiful and hot. We were in room 104 which is just above the restaurant so we picked up wifi but higher rooms don't. The pool was a bit small but ok but in school holidays I bet it was cramped. Sun loungers were plentiful but again, I bet were all taken early in school holidays.
The only negative, but not really the hotels fault were the kids running around corridors in the evenings. The kids in the next apartment run up and down outside, banged on the door or rang the bell to be let in, slammed the door shut and started all over again.
Would I go again? Yes, but not in school holidays.

Stayed July 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have recently returned from an amazing week at the Coma Gran and are more then impressed. We were taking our 2 year old daughter away for the first time and she loved every minute of it. It was perfect. The refurbishment is great, especially the pool area. The childrens entertainment was first class, I could not fault it in any way, I do not know where the reps get their energy from as they just didn't stop. Party Paul, Shabba and Atomic Ash made this holiday it wouldn't have been the same with out them. They put on a great performance of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
The hotel was extremely clean, bedding and towels were changed everyday and we never had trouble getting a sun lounger by the pool. The resort its self is very quiet everything seems to be shut by 1pm. We were self catering and loved all the local restaurants, but also ate in the hotel a few times and the food was lovely. I would definitely recommend this hotel to families with young children.

Room Tip: We were in room 207 which was over looking the pool and right on top of where the evening entertainm...