I have just returned from a 7night stay at the Blau Mediterraneo Hotel on a half board basis.
The hotel looks rather ugly from outside but it is a different world inside. Compared to lots of other accomodation during my search, i found this hotel to be spacious, contemporary and clean. The hotel has a slightly odd layout with 2 receptions but this was clearly explained and caused no issues whatsoever.
We hired a car from the airport and had no trouble finding this hotel. There is a small car park which was full most of the time but there is plenty of parking on the roads around the hotel which was very safe. The hotel has an excellent loction on a beautiful sandy beach. Cala Millor was a few miles down the road, we drove to a town called Porto Cristo which took around 10minutes.
We were given a room on the ground floor so did not get much of a view. The room had 2 double beds, coffee table with chairs, small tv, wardrobe and side tables. It was very clean and spacious. We had a small terrace area where we could have sat out and dried some clothes out there. There us a safe in the room but you need to pay at the reception for a key- it cost us €16 for the week and an extra €3 deposit which was returned at the end.
Half board included buffet breakfast and dinner. Breakfast - there was a good selection of food from breads, spreads, cheeses, hot plates, omlette station, juices, pancake station, fruits and cereal. for the evening meals- the buffet was slightly varied each night again with quite a good selection. Sat was gala buffet night, Wednesday was Mallorcan theme night. The food was gwnerally ok but not outstanding. We tended to have dinner at around 730 to avoid the crowds but found some of the food was warm. For guests who stay more than 7night, you have the option to book into the Japanese restaurant or Tapas reataurant on certqin nights for 1night during the week. We tried the Japanese restaurant which was quite nice. It is a set menu and it really filled me up.
There is a fantastic pool with lots of sun loungers. Spa pool was amazing and peaceful. You can get pool towels but you are required to put a deposit down of €10 each.
Staff were extremely hard working throughout thw hotel. 95% of the staff were very friendly, in particula a chef who wears hit hat on the side and a lady in reception. One particular manager who i saw most evenings outside the buffet restaurant seemed like a nice lady, taking time to speak with guests, however i did feel she was selective in who she spoke to. On the evening if the Gala Buffet, she offered everyone champagne apart from me and my husband. Im not if this was because she felt we were underage.
Overall, the hotel attracts a more 'mature' groups but there were families and younger people towards end of our stay. It us very german orientated, it caters well for families and those with disabilities. I had a very enjoyable stay and would definately recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hipotels Hotel Mediterraneo enjoys a paradisiacal setting on the seashore surrounded by more than 1.5 hectares of landscaped gardens. Experience a relaxing holiday in the beautiful natural setting of Punta de n'Amer with views from the terraces over the Mediterranean Sea. Hipotels Hotel Mediterraneo has a ISO 14001 international certification, meaning it is committed to caring for the environment, efficiently making use of resources and energy, controlling and substituting products for those that are more environmentally friendly, and recycling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hipotels Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blau Mediterraneo Sa Coma
- Hotel Blau Mediterraneo
- Hipotels Mediterraneo Sa Coma, Majorca