Protur Safari Park Aparthotel
US$184
US$168
  • Pool
Hipotels Marfil Playa(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$126
Hotels.com
Hipotels Mediterraneo(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$165
Hotels.com
Hipotels Mediterraneo Club(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$175
  • Pool
Playa Dorada Aparthotel(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$137
Europa(Sa Coma)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
1,814 results
All reviewscountry grillsafari parkstir frybooking systemmini golfwater parktex mexfamily holidaycrazy golfkids clubla fontanamain restauranthuge hotelevery nightgreat holidaybaby poolsla reserve
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Visited this hotel in July 2012. Had spoken with Criana prior to the holiday to book Superior room and little treats for my husbands birthday as a surprise. Criana couldn't have been more hospitable before or during our holiday.
The room was immaculate. Maid service was a bit hit and miss as I didn't really know which day to expect them and it is nice coming into the beds being made at the end of the day. Only negative was that they didn't wash the cups and things up.
Food was really good on the whole, breakfast was excellent in that you could get anything made to order including soft boiled eggs which was a real bonus. Lunch was ok at the Country Grill, had burgers, hotdogs, kebabs. Quite a bizarre queuing system as if you wanted a kebab you had to stand in one queue and then go to the back of another queue if you wanted a hotdog or burger but it was for the same counter. It would be much easier and less frustrating if they worked together rather than queuing twice. Dinner was generally good - especially the stir fries which went down well with my lot. They also had a buffet especially for the little ones which was good. I don't see how anyone can really complain about the food, there certainly wasn't just chips as one review suggested. There was often boiled potatoes or rice or noodles or mash .. depending what went with the main dishes that were on offer. The only negative I found was the offer of soft drinks. I personally like fresh orange juice and the juices that were on offer were very sweet, sugary juices which I could not drink. This for me was a big negative.
The hotel is spotless and there is plenty for the children to do. The evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss. When there was an outside act on it was generally quite good but the in house entertainment was cringeworthy. The plastic seats that are around the entertainment area could be upgraded as well as they are a bit uncomfortable after a while. There is wi-fi connection in the main reception which seemed popular - especially with the teenagers! The way guests go about booking the different restaurants needs worked on ... all other comments about this are 100% accurate... hotel needs to find a better solution than guests queuing at 8 in the morning on holiday. La Reserva is lovely but I found the entry fee quite excessive for what it is.
The biggest negative for us became apparent towards the end of our stay ... queuing!! I realise it is a big hotel but when it is at full capacity it does seem to struggle. It got this way towards the end of our stay because it was summer holidays and I'm glad that most of our stay was in term time as I think my patience would have ran quite thin. Queues were ridiculous some days, especially for the Country Grill and the stir fry section in the main restaurant. Also, things started to run out, like English tea bags - shock, horror!! I think the sheer demand of 2000 guests was hard to keep up with and if we were to return we would make sure it was before the schools break up.
All in all, it was an enjoyable holiday. The hotel is clean and tidy, the area is lovely, the climate is lovely, the staff are hard working and friendly. I just think that they could implement a few minor changes to the what they provide and how they provide it then this would be a smashing hotel. I'm sure you'll enjoy it whatever.

1  Thank Lisa N
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Superb large hotel that caters really well for lots of people. Had emailed hotel prior to deaprture to ask for some basic provisions to be left for us as a late night flight. Arrived to find water, jams, butter, bread,milk, tea and coffee in room. Lovely modern room though we had to pay a small supplement for this but was well worth it. We were on the fourth floor overlooking a large pool which had a lovely sunny balcony. Blackout curtains so able to nap late afternoon in the room for the kids (ages 11 and 7). Lots to do: mini golf, park, small water park, football, archery, snorkelling, all included in the all inc price.
La Reserve 10 euros each adult and 5 for the kids but really worth it as slides and beautiful pools. we went 3 times over the 10 days!
Beach lovely and clean. Worth a visit.
Food: breakfast great choice, cooked breakfast, cereals, fruit, toast, omlettes and ancakes made to order.
Lunch was mainly barbecue style with fruits. Shame no sandwiches, ham etc.
Evening meals in the restaurant were ok, not great but certainly something to find for even a fussy eater. La Fontana the Italian was absolutely beautiful and worth the queue in the morning to get tickets. Tried the tapas at Sa Bodega but not to our tastes.
Visited the Spa hotel adjacent for a tretment- excellent and very realxing. Quite reasonably priced too.
Staff helpful, hotel very clean. Not at all noisy except for evening entertainment which you expect. Some great tribute acts such as Il Divo, Abba, Rod Stewart. Cannot understand the negative reviews for this hotel and I am very fussy!!
Would definately recommend to anyone.
Tip:If you have any particular needs/requests email before you go- ask for Sabine. She made sure everything we asked for was in place for our arrival and you cannot ask for more than that!!

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the pool in updated wing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Katy1150
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Returned from a week here and have to say it really was lovely. YES it is very busy, but I was fully prepared for that as I knew it was School Holidays and a large hotel. We wandered down to pool just before 9am never struggled to get a bed - and at least 3 times saw towells being removed from subceds by staff. Only once did we struggle for a bed - and that was at about 12.30 after being out for the morning. Our room was lovely, very spacious - massive balcony and very clean - we could hear the entertainment - but this stopped by 2300 so certainly no problem the one night we went back early. The canteen was loud and was busy, but again - you should expect this if you are going to a hotel of this size... breakfast was lovely, omelette cooked for me every morning lots of fresh bread and fruit. Food in the evening was not really to my taste but I am a very fussy eater - I always found something to eat and the rest of the family were more than happy. We also ate at La Fontana (lovely) and the Country Grill which was amazing and we never queded to book just popped round after the rush at about 10am. Lunch we used to just pick up from the bbq by the pool - again lots of fresh fruit on offer as well - and kids loved just having a bbq in their swimming shorts and not having to dress to go to the main areas. They do play music round the pool did not interfere with us as only for a few hours in morning and night - pools were never too busy to have a swim. Never had to wait more than a few minutes to get a drink at any of the bars and good selection of drinks. Agsin I have to stay the staff at this hotel work so hard they really should be praised on this all with a smile in the extremely hot weather we had. On to the German situation - yes lots of Germans at the hotel - but not a problem at all did not encounter any issues with this to be honest there were a few unruly kids but they were British.... I would go back and would not hesitate to recommend - its a lovely place and suited our family down to the ground (kids aged 12 and 14)

6  Thank Nic522
Reviewed 5 August 2012

What can we say !! This was an absolutely terrific holiday. We have twin girls who are 3 years old. They had the best time ever. Everything at the hotel is done with guests in mind. The hotel is absolutely spotless, always cleaning throughout the day. There's so much to do at the hotel 2 weeks is just not enough time to fit it all in. We always had no trouble in getting sun loungers.The hotel removes any towels that are put on sun loungers before 9am and i can assure people this does happen everyday. The food is good you certainly won't go hungry here. We particulary enjoyed the stir-frys.
I would say the complex is a 75/25 split in favour of the Germans but this never bothered us as the English can be just as rude. We met some lovely German people in fact. The evening entermainment is cheesey but good fun. The girls loved the mini disco and both the Protur Entertainment team and the Thompson kids club staff were great with them. We were there for the opening of the Olympics and the hotel actually changed the evening's entertainment to accomodate those who wanted to watch the Olympics. At no point was music turned up, in fact it was turned low and there was a good atmosphere in the bar where everyone was watching. I suppose if the olympics are that important to people they should book there holidays around these events and not in the middle and stay in the UK.
The only negative i would say is the people smoking aound the pool. At the end of the day this is a family resort with lots of young children and they should not be subjected to passive smoking. Finally we would like to say a massive thankyou to everyone who helped make our holiday so special and we would recommend without question this resort. So much more then just a hotel.

7  Thank WirralStar
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Sunday 5th August we just returned from a week at the Safari Hotel with our grandson. The hotel is okay quite clean but so overcrowded and sun beds all taken by 9.00am so you need to get up early and sit with your towel until after 9.00am for fear of the bed being taken by another guest. The CANTEEN is a joke the breakfast was awful, the lunch at the daily barbeque was edible but as for dinner it’s the worst food we have ever eaten in our lives. I can’t tell you how bad the food is and we ate out for half the week as we couldn’t cope anymore with chips and whatever they decided to put with them for the night. The entertainment is very average with exception of Abba show which was well sung. The rest of the nights were a massive let down performed by bad hotel staff and a show producer that should have retired 100 years ago. Our grandson is nearly 8 years old and there was not a great lot of things for him to do and the kids clubs where very average. To sum our week up he enjoyed the week and we hated it and we certainly won’t be going back or recommending anyone either.

3  Thank Nigel R