“Brilliant hotel”

Protur Safari Park Aparthotel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
“Brilliant hotel”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have ner written a review for anything before but we were so impressed i felt the need to do so. I am 23 and my boyfriend is 24 we have been on many holidays together all of which were all-inclusive and we have never been so happy with our hotel/holiday. These are the reasons..... The food is lovely, plenty of choice for breakfast lunch and dinner, all extreamly fresh and amazing quality such as smoked salmon and steak u can have cooked fresh infront of you.
The staff were all so friendly and helpful,all spoke brilliant english which made us feel safe and well looked after. When we arrived it was past midnight and reception informed us they had put a buffet on for us incase we were hungry after our travels and when it came to us leaving we checked out at lunchtime but i asked if we could keep our wristbands on until we left at 7pm, they were so friendly and said yes straight away.
I cant understand why people would say it is a noisy hotel as our hotel room was on ground floor right next to the pool and stage where the entertainment is and we were never woken up by noise in the morning and one night we had an early night and we couldnt hear the music.
The entertainment is like any other hotel, cheesy but good fun, you can see how hard they work as every day u can see them practicing new routines on the stage and we enjoyed it. We didnt find it "german based" at all! We both were constantly saying how the hotel is perfect for everyone from familys to elderly/young couples.
There is so much to do at the hotel we realy enjoyed the crazy golf as you can play in the day or evening and its realy pretty and scenic. We didnt go to the waterpark (must be getting old) but it looked realy fun.
The beach is lovely when my friend saw my photos she said that the beach looked just like the ones in mexico, where she has been, with the white sand and turquise sea which is a 5-10 min walk from the hotel.
Our thompson rep was very helpful there is a board in reception saying the times they were there (twice a day) so cannot understand why anyone would say they wernt there for them. We didnt go to our welcome meeting but they posted some handy info under our door which had a number we could call any time day or night if we needed help or advice.
Both my boyfriend and I said we would strongly reccomend this hotel to anyone.
Usualy after a week away we are ready to come home but we could of stayed here alot longer.
Thankyou to all the staff. Hopefully see you again soon.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Emmaclair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

stayed at the safari park in the first week of September and can absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone.

the room was huge, clean and with all useful things like a kettle, fridge, hairdryer, TV and microwave. the only downside was that the bed was two single mattress' pushed together so not very intimate.

the pool is fine, there is a rule where as you cant place towels on beds before 9am which is policed, a snack bar if you are all inclusive and ice creams available all day. children entertainers a little noisy now and again but if you have kids i suppose they do a good job!

food was to a good standard however does become samey...try booking in to one of the other restaurants if possible for one or two nights.

service was fantastic, waiters all speak good English and are very cheery.

there is also a club house where you can rent bikes for free (20euro) deposit...remember to keep the ticket they give you!!! you can also take part in all manner of different sports.

local area is also great, about 10 mins to sa coma beach, 20mins to sillot beach and a 20min bike ride to calor millor beech (recommended). also take a walk up to the castle for great views of both resorts. The kings head is the local boozer, okay in there but a little on the expensive side for drink.
local shops and restaurants around also

i would recommend visiting the aqua park and marine land which we did and had great fun...also a boat ride for 20 euros each (3hrs) which stops here and there so you can go for a swim.

all in all a great holiday, great weather, will return one day soon :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andrew g
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Both me & my husband were a little concerned about going to such a large Hotel but it is by far one of the best Hotels we have been to. Although this is such a large hotel there is plenty of quiet spots to be found. Plenty of sunbeds & it made a pleasant change to find that sunbeds are not allowed to be reserved. There is so much to do here, we used the free bikes & cycled to Cala Millor (5 mins), Cala Bona (10 mins), S'Illott (5 mins) & Porto Cristo (40 mins). Cycling is very safe here as there are cycle lanes clearly marked & the ones next to the main roads are separated with a barrier. We also went to La Reserva waterpark 10 euro's if you are all inclusive but well worth it especially the swim up bar & all drinks & food are included. We tried all the 4 themed restaurants which have to be booked the morning of the day you want to go at the club house which opens at 9.00 a.m. They were all excellent as was the hotel restaurant. The italian is the most popular so you do have to queue at the club house from about 8.20 if you want to dine here, all the other restaurants we just booked after 9.00. We played on all 3 mini golf courses which were all set in beautiful gardens. We had a lovely room, very spacious, It overlooked over the gardens & one of the pools. The staff were also fantastic. I did not find the Hotel to be overly noisy, if you are staying in a large hotel that caters for family's you would expect some noise. I wish I had discovered this hotel when my children were younger due to the number of activities, tennis, skate park, golf, driving range, archery, shooting, trampolines, water slides, boats, racing cars, play area & wooden fort, animal farm. All activities are booked in the club house who also supply equipment & safety equipment all free if you are on an all inclusive package. We would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandyshaw
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is by far the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Bearing in mind that I’ve stayed in a lot of lively places from Las Vegas to Magaluf nothing has compared to the amount of noise I witnessed during the week. My ear drums are in dire need of a rest. Noise ranged from babies screaming constantly around the pool and during meal times to cleaners dragging furniture across the floor above at 3am. I have never witnessed such poor sound insulation in my life, there is no way this hotel would pass building regulations in the UK.

On the topic of noise it seems fitting to mention the ‘entertainment team’. Oh dear…..what a shambles. It was as if the hotel management had stumbled upon a group of drunken teenagers on the street and slipped them 10 Euros each to do some ‘dancing’. On a positive note, one evening we had the pleasure of watching an Ill Divo tribute act which were brilliant. Overall, the entertainment in the evening is directed at German families.

I thought the food was OK. Everything seemed fresh. My only criticism would be the variety or the lack of it. The booking system for the themed restaurants seemed ridiculous. Who wants to queue up for a couple of hours first thing in the morning to book a table?

The majority of the staff in the hotel were brilliant. They were very friendly and accommodating, from the reception staff to the cleaners. The same can not be said for our Thomson rep that we never even saw. It seemed they had taken a week off. Far from ideal.

Overall, I’d say that our holiday was good value for money as we only paid £500 each. However, had it of been any more I would not of been happy. It’s a good place for a cheap family holiday but not suitable in the slightest for couples or anyone who hasn’t got very young kids. Remember to bring ear plugs if you are considering this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank m j
Dorset, UK
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My husband, daughter (3) and I stayed for a week at the Protur Safari Park and although overall had a good holiday there were a few things that let the hotel down. Firstly, I wanted to say how fantastic the Kids Club is and we were disappointed it wasn't on every day as our daughter LOVED it! We made use of the free sessions on Sat and Sun evenings as well as the five day sessions (2 hrs each). The staff were professional, attentive and all the children seemed to really enjoy themselves.

We had a refurbished room on the ground floor which was spacious, clean and well laid out. Although the view was non existent (road) it was quiet so we could all get to sleep easily in the evening. The hotel is about 10 min walk to the local beach which we thought was very nice. Sunbeds are 5 Euros each as are the sunshades.

Bad points:
- Exceedingly busy with over 2200 people staying at the hotel. There were plenty of sunbeds very first thing in the morning but very cramped together.

- Food was of a good quality but not very varied. Very few veg but loads of salads, potatos and pasta. The queue for the 'chef' was very long and could take up to 15 mins to get your food cooked. Early breakfast on checkout day was poor. There were rolls/ham and cheese and lots of cereal but no milk as 6am in the morning was classed as 'night'. I wished I had known the night before as I could have saved some milk.

- Entertainment was dire. I have been to many all inclusives and this was by far the worst we had ever seen. It was very focussed on the German guests and very repetitive. Our 3 year old liked dancing to 'the music man' but as soon as this finished we were all bored.

Overall we has a good time but would not return to this hotel or recommend it to our friends/family.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Snic
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have just booked our fifth holiday at the Safari Park, It is a great holiday for all, we are eight adults and seven kids. The food is great and the accomodation has been refurbished for 2013 and looks great,plenty to do and see.The staff at all levels are fantastic and can't do enough for you.The pools are so clean and they have lifeguards on hand to keep everyone safe.On our visit this year a little girl dissapeared from the pool area and the staff were superb they had everyone looking for her, she was found safe and well thanks to the staff who found her wandering about at the Grill Bar.All in all I recommend this hotel as an ideal family holiday,so go on get booking!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are fully equiped no compliants on any type of accomodation, the higher the better.